Give Him a Chance

abw0004

I read all these comments/opinions regarding CHF and shake my head. I graduated from Auburn in 1981...I've seen a lot. Not only at Auburn but after serving my country for 20 years in the military. I served many Presidents during my service (1982-2003). This country tolerated a President that brought shame to the White House, elects and tolerates congressman and senators that readily manipulate the stock market for their own benefit and continues to support a past President that tried to overthrow the government. Trust me, we've got bigger problems in this country than the hiring of CHF.       

Edited by yeaauburn
misspelliing
  • Like 4
  • Dislike 1

46 minutes ago, cbo said:

You can't just add an ellipsis wherever you want to make it say something entirely different. 

From the article you linked:

"Florida State's two-time All-America cornerback, Deion Sanders, was placed on six months' probation and fined $800 after pleading no contest to charges of grabbing a salesclerk's blouse and striking a security guard during a scuffle at a shopping mall in Fort Myers, Fla."

2 paragraphs later:

"In a 1986 survey of 350 colleges, the Philadelphia Daily News found that athletes had been implicated in at least 61 sexual assaults between '83 and '85."

I'm not getting into this debate, but you shouldn't just post wildly inaccurate statements. Don't you think it would be big news if Deion had 61 sexual assaults in 2 years?

What's scary is him/her really don't understand. Like that last article they posted where everybody was trying to show them that's not Sanders speaking it's the reporter.

I wonder what Sanders did for him to misquote and accuse so much? Actually nevermind, can't speak on that on here, you just have to pretend you don't see their patterns....but yeah don't get involved, I'm done myself. I just point out the made up stuff then keep it moving.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What's scary is him/her really don't understand. Like that last article they posted where everybody was trying to show them that's not Sanders speaking it's the reporter.

I wonder what Sanders did for him to misquote and accuse so much? Actually nevermind, can't speak on that on here, you just have to pretend you don't see their patterns....but yeah don't get involved, I'm done myself. I just point out the made up stuff then keep it moving.

It's one thing to disagree. It's another to keep posting stuff that is clearly not true. Oh well. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cbo said:

It's one thing to disagree. It's another to keep posting stuff that is clearly not true. Oh well. 

I haven’t been around that long but I already know not to take that guy seriously 

Why are we talking bad about any coach that wasn’t selected?Makes no sense to me. 

Edited by creed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cbo said:

You can't just add an ellipsis wherever you want to make it say something entirely different. 

"Florida State's two-time All-America cornerback, Deion Sanders, was placed on six months' probation and fined $800 after pleading no contest to charges of grabbing a salesclerk's blouse and striking a security guard during a scuffle at a shopping mall in Fort Myers, Fla."

2 paragraphs later:

"In a 1986 survey of 350 colleges, the Philadelphia Daily News found that athletes had been implicated in at least 61 sexual assaults between '83 and '85."

I'm not getting into this debate, but you shouldn't just post wildly inaccurate statements. Don't you think it would be big news if Deion had 61 sexual assaults in 2 years?

I thought everyone knew that was not true. Amazon, Aflac, Saban, Walmart, ESPN, NFL, MLB and others would never done business with him if it was. We most likely made a mistake of not hiring Sanders. The free and goodwill of publicity would of be in the 10's of millions just this year alone. Instead, we are paying a PR firm to clean it up. Also, we will have to stomach the fact we will be the butt of many jokes. HF is a better than average couch, but, we only get one DS opportunity in a long time. 

image.png

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, VegasEagle said:

I thought everyone knew that was not true. Amazon, Aflac, Saban, Walmart, ESPN, NFL, MLB and others would never done business with him if it was. We most likely made a mistake of not hiring Sanders. The free and goodwill of publicity would of be in the 10's of millions just this year alone. Instead, we are paying a PR firm to clean it up. Also, we will have to stomach the fact we will be the butt of many jokes. HF is a better than average couch, but, we only get one DS opportunity in a long time. 

image.png

The football concerns of Hugh should be a bigger problem. It’s good that they’re secondary behind the character concerns. But people are pretending as if some of us (a lot of us) weren’t calling him a worse Gus as a candidate. NO ONE wanted the guy when we were living the fairy tale that we had a handful of not terrible candidates. Now he’s a franchise changer after…1 top tier season at Liberty and having seasons at Ole Miss that we call failures for Lane Kiffin 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The football concerns of Hugh should be a bigger problem. It’s good that they’re secondary behind the character concerns. But people are pretending as if some of us (a lot of us) weren’t calling him a worse Gus as a candidate. NO ONE wanted the guy when we were living the fairy tale that we had a handful of not terrible candidates. Now he’s a franchise changer after…1 top tier season at Liberty and having seasons at Ole Miss that we call failures for Lane Kiffin 

This is where I was at with this hire…I didn’t feel the football resume justified the baggage…hope he proves me wrong.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, cbo said:

2 paragraphs later:

And people wonder….

9612B73E-CB4E-48FD-8685-9FAD768B3D31.gif

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, yeaauburn said:

I read all these comments/opinions regarding CHF and shake my head. I graduated from Auburn in 1981...I've seen a lot. Not only at Auburn but after serving my country for 20 years in the military. I served many Presidents during my service (1982-2003). This country tolerated a President that brought shame to the White House, elects and tolerates congressman and senators that readily manipulate the stock market for their own benefit and continues to supported past President that tried to overthrow the government. Trust me, we've got bigger problems in this country than the hiring of CHF.       

Agree but,,, these are all symptoms of the same basic problem. 

1 hour ago, VegasEagle said:

image.png

Thank you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yeaauburn said:

I read all these comments/opinions regarding CHF and shake my head. I graduated from Auburn in 1981...I've seen a lot. Not only at Auburn but after serving my country for 20 years in the military. I served many Presidents during my service (1982-2003). This country tolerated a President that brought shame to the White House, elects and tolerates congressman and senators that readily manipulate the stock market for their own benefit and continues to supported past President that tried to overthrow the government. Trust me, we've got bigger problems in this country than the hiring of CHF.       

Bad behavior justifying bad behavior. I think I remember that part in the creed.

8 hours ago, cbo said:

2 paragraphs later:

I googled things about Deion‘s rap sheet, this is what came up. Most of this comes from:

Hugh Freeze a bad guy, shouldn’t be hired. But Deion great guy, should’ve been hired and everything Deion did is completely forgiven, but not Freeze. And all the other links and articles I posted on Primes indiscretions are based off of this. Should Freeze and Prime both be forgiven, absolutely! Should Deion be Auburn’s head coach, absolutely not!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I googled things about Deion‘s rap sheet, this is what came up. Most of this comes from:

Hugh Freeze a bad guy, shouldn’t be hired. But Deion great guy, should’ve been hired and everything Deion did is completely forgiven, but not Freeze. And all the other links and articles I posted on Primes indiscretions are based off of this. Should Freeze and Prime both be forgiven, absolutely! Should Deion be Auburn’s head coach, absolutely not!

Dude, please stop talking about Deon. I asked nicely a page back.  Freeze is our guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2022 at 7:35 PM, BHDAU1 said:

Over the last 3 or 4 days I have read thru the NCAA report and numerous online articles, some of which were published at the time of the investigation and others published within the last few weeks. With that research done, I can say with all honesty that I am happy with the hire.  It seems to me that nearly 75% of the stuff being said about Freeze by people in the media and posters in various forums is inaccurate garbage and not supported by facts.  Most of the negative press coverage is sensationalized and often incomplete.  The number of Level 1 infractions they keep spouting off about is a perfect example, many of those occurred BEFORE Freeze was even the head coach and yet they don't mention that.  They also do not mention that the infractions committed while he was head coach were mainly between boosters and recruits and without his knowledge.  In fact, the NCAA stated very clearly in that report that Freeze HAD built a program at Ole Miss designed to be in compliance with all of the NCAA rules and regulations.  His downfall was not monitoring his staff and the boosters closely enough. I believe he learned his lesson and will be exemplary as Auburn's Head Football Coach. 

Did you ever think it would be otherwise? I think CHF understands that. His family seems to understand it as well. I hope and think that it fires the passions to beat them even more. Look, I think CBH and CGM are great guys. But I never bought into the idea that they are really competitive. CBH, we watched him come in with a lot of BS about discipline etc and found out that he had zero of it. CGM, the same thing. If someone beat me like a rented mule I would be sure it wasnt going to happen a second time. CGM...he never corrected to a better place. He trudged along, a big win here and there and yet never put the whole package together consistently.

12 hours ago, VegasEagle said:

image.png

That poll is from BEFORE all the talk about Prime Prep tho. I voted for CDS then. I would not now.

13 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Dude, please stop talking about Deon. I asked nicely a page back.  Freeze is our guy.

I agree, and Freeze should be forgiven just like Sanders should be forgiven, if they truly want forgiveness.

• Like 1