Auburn Wins tonight

autkidd

We played well. Hit some threes and saw some signs of greatness. Then they put on the full court press and made some errors passing the ball.

Lucas Hargrove looked really good as did Walk-on Larry Williams Jr.

Bouba played well but missed 2 dunks and an alley-oop. Went down and looked like he turned his ankle.

Frank looked good and made some shots.

Barrett looks to have his shot back.

Heramb was in the right places at the right times.

Dwayne and Tez did well leading the team and passed the ball well AND made some big shots. Best I've seen both shoot ever.

Six players scored Double figures: with 12 points each: Barber, Tolbert, and Barrett; With 11 each was Tez and Dwayne. And Lucas had 10 off the bench.

We shot 56.9% from the field.

46.7% from the 3

But only 40.9% from the charity stripe. REALLY NEEDS WORK.

Overall an improvement except for the FT's.

We need to work on the press big time. Because they made us make some mistakes to capitalize and make the score closer than the game. For the most part we did dominate.

Frank had a dunk from a miss that should be on ESPN top 10... Reminded me of Porter.

I think the reason we didnt really keep adding to the lead after they started the press late was the lead. If someone wants to challenge us with the press I will take that all day. Usually we score baskets on the fast break out of the press, but since it was late once we got down the court we were bringing the ball back to the top and setting up. That and Wooden starting hitting everything he shot.

Anyway, Boubacar needs some work on his offensive skills, but he has the advantage of being taller and longer than almost anyone he will encounter this year. He can make rebounds without even leaving the ground. I also liked his fearless attitude going at the basket on the dunk attempts (he got fouled a couple times). Free throw shooting needs work.

I thought Frank shot well from the line. That will be helpful with his aggressive play.

Heramb has beefed up a lot, and looks to be a lot better. He will be a guy that can actually contribute rather than just picking up late game minutes.

Dwayne Reed and Tez are both great ball handlers. Good thing to have around.

I agree that Larry Williams, Jr. looks good. He isnt very big, but he looks like he has more natural offensive skills than anyone else on the team especially at that point in their careers.

All in all a lot of positives taken from tonight.

Good work after the loss to Tulane. It's early, and I like their potential. Wished we had our full deck, but take what we can get.

Archived