Tom Slater Announced His Resignation

Hey Jacobs, this time, let's hire a coach with credentials. Do you think you can handle that or is it to hard for you?

Jacobs didn't hire Slater. Think you can remember that or is it too hard (jk). B)

Hey Jacobs, this time, let's hire a coach with credentials. Do you think you can handle that or is it to hard for you?

Jacobs didn't hire Slater. Think you can remember that or is it too hard (jk). B)

PT, eeyore isn't one to let facts get in the way of his anti-auburn campaign. How dare you bring facts into this discussion... :big::lol:

PT, eeyore isn't one to let facts get in the way of his anti-auburn campaign. How dare you bring facts into this discussion... :big::lol:

You got that right. Notice he hasn't responded. I guess he is still trying to figure out who did hire Slater.

I'm not necessrily a fan of JJ, but heavy criticism of him at this point is rediculous. Several issues that have arisen didn't seem to go very smoothly and thus the resulting speculations and accusations. Was the timing of these issues just a bad coincidence and we are now headed for smoother sailing?

A fair evaluation of JJ will require time to see how future issues are either avoided or handled.

I'm not necessrily a fan of JJ, but heavy criticism of him at this point is rediculous. Several issues that have arisen didn't seem to go very smoothly and thus the resulting speculations and accusations. Was the timing of these issues just a bad coincidence and we are now headed for smoother sailing?

A fair evaluation of JJ will require time to see how future issues are either avoided or handled.

There are some on this board who are "in the loop" evidently and are predisposed to hating jacobs. I've seen nothing to this point from jacobs that shows me he is incompetent. In fact I see no one giving him credit for this situation being handled with class.

There are some on this board who are "in the loop" evidently and are predisposed to hating jacobs. I've seen nothing to this point from jacobs that shows me he is incompetent. In fact I see no one giving him credit for this situation being handled with class.

JJ and Coach Slater both handled this situation very well.

I am sorry but I have to say that JJ is a complete idiot. I guess you can say that I am "in the loop", and JJ is nothing but a puppet and that is all he will ever be. If the admin had hair one they would have hired Radakovich from LSU when the search was going on. Just to hire someone because he has always been at AU is stupid. JJ could not even do a good job when he took over Tigers Unlimited. He sucks. That is all..

War Eagle.

Sorry to rant, but I would like to see Auburn strive for excellence not only in football but in every sport we field.

You got that right. Notice he hasn't responded. I guess he is still trying to figure out who did hire Slater.

Hal Baird hired Slater, but Jacobs retained him last year when he should have let him go. Jacobs has proven on numerous occasions that he cannot handle the job.

I have made my case about Jay and all it's gotten me is blasted. He's only been in that role for a few years now, and I can't cast judgment just yet. I'm glad he made this move, and I hope he can look at all the programs with the same intent. Right now UGA and UF are the class of the conference, with LSU pushing hard to get in the mix. WE have to strive to be more consistence in every area of the program.

Here's to getting a proven baseball coach, or at the least a proven winner.

Hal Baird hired Slater, but Jacobs retained him last year when he should have let him go. Jacobs has proven on numerous occasions that he cannot handle the job.

Cae to give some factual examples?

I am sorry but I have to say that JJ is a complete idiot. I guess you can say that I am "in the loop", and JJ is nothing but a puppet and that is all he will ever be. If the admin had hair one they would have hired Radakovich from LSU when the search was going on. Just to hire someone because he has always been at AU is stupid. JJ could not even do a good job when he took over Tigers Unlimited. He sucks. That is all..

War Eagle.

Sorry to rant, but I would like to see Auburn strive for excellence not only in football but in every sport we field.

I've heard conflicting reports on whether he is a puppet or not. I can't tell from his actions if he is a puppet. When handling the CTT contract extension, he seemed to have to go get answers from "someone". I'm sure he is, at the least, acting as a go between. I definitely would have preferred for AU to go completely outside of the "family" and get a .....proven..stand on their feet....AD that would never be a puppet. It sure would be nice to be able to put that behind us once and for all.

...... I definitely would have preferred for AU to go completely outside of the "family" and get a .....

"If they think an Auburn man can't handle the job, they should shut the damn place down." Coach Shug Jordan, upon being informed that the biggest obstacle to him getting the head football coaching job at Auburn was that he was an Auburn grad.

Archived