**Auburn at Florida Game thread**

WarTiger

I don't want to make any comparisons with some other team with a 3rd year coach, but there needs to be significant improvements next year. Even Lebo had games where the team played well....

I don't know; to me a good coach works with what he has and produces results...it doesn't take 3 or 4 years to field a consistently competitive team.

Sure it does. Especially when Barbee didn't have much to work with when he got here, then Earnest Ross transfers out of the program. Add to that the fact that 3 of this years freshmen class is out with injuries and will redshirt. I expect year 3 to be considerably better if those 3 freshmen are ready to play next year as well as the incoming recruiting class that we have. With those kind of circumstances it can absolutely take 3 or 4 years to build a program that is competitive and has solid depth.

If we can beat LSU and/or Arky to finish either 14 - 3 or 15 - 2 at home this season, that would be a good sign and a building block. However, we haven't really beaten a team at home that was all that good other than a slumping State team without one of their leading scorers. We had an impressive loss against UK and the Bama loss was ugly.

The real issue is that this team is 1-11 away from Auburm arena with the lone win coming at a neutral court. We have to learn to play better on the road if we want to make a push for postseason play next season.

Don't disagree. Just saying you have to learn to walk before you learn to fly. We looked terrible against uat, no doubt, but for the most part, we've shown we can hold our own at home. That's a step up from the past couple years. And the team has played better on the road (How do you think we'd have fared in Gainesville in early January?); now they have to learn to win, and winning on the road is tough, in any league.

Archived