St. Thomas Aquinas vs Skyline - Marcus Roberson

around4ever

Game is on FSN right now.   We are one of Roberson's leaders.  I am anxious to see him play.

We are ONE of his leaders?  What happened to the "lock"?  Is the rumor about Uncle Otis going to TT to coach for TT true?

Game is on FSN right now.   We are one of Roberson's leaders.  I am anxious to see him play.

We are ONE of his leaders?  What happened to the "lock"?  Is the rumor about Uncle Otis going to TT to coach for TT true?

I'm not sure about the Otis Mounds going to TT.  That rumor is still out there.  I don't know if that would make any difference to Marcus.  I don't call any of them locks until we have their signature on NSD.  But , it has been stated that we are the leader far and away. 

I don't know if I buy the Otis to TT rumors. Who brings in an assistant coach mid-season? If he were to go there I would think it would be for next season. JMO. I've heard of coaches getting fired mid-season but not hired.

I don't know if I buy the Otis to TT rumors. Who brings in an assistant coach mid-season? If he were to go there I would think it would be for next season. JMO. I've heard of coaches getting fired mid-season but not hired.

The rumor was for next season.  But, who makes announces that an assistant would be joining a staff next year before the first game is played this year.  I don't put much into that rumor. 

DJ or somebody, what is the story on Jelani Hamilton #99 for St Thomas Aquinas.  He looks like a pretty good DE but according to rivals he has no stars and no offers.

DJ or somebody, what is the story on Jelani Hamilton #99 for St Thomas Aquinas.  He looks like a pretty good DE but according to rivals he has no stars and no offers.

Isn't he a JR?  I thought they said on the broadcast that he was a junior...

Isn't he a JR?  I thought they said on the broadcast that he was a junior...

You are correct.  He is Class of 2012.  I hope we are looking at him.

How did Roberson do?

Hard hitter.  Very good in run support.  I didn't see him breaking up any passes.  He looked like a solid Safety prospect.

How did Roberson do?

Hard hitter.  Very good in run support.  I didn't see him breaking up any passes.  He looked like a solid Safety prospect.

I saw him breaking up a pass early on in the game, it was a great play too!

I missed it.  I was flipping around some during the game.  That's why I said I didn't see him breaking up any passes. 

How did Roberson do?

I was @ the game and the first drive Roberson was all over the field.  Then at the end of the first drive he started throwing up on the field.  He still played the rest of the game, but didn't have the same intensity.  He still was very good though.  He was playing Safety and I think is projected to be a CB.  :dunno:

I was watching him before the game when doing back pedaling drills and what not.  The kid could just fly when running backwards.  I mean his feet work was very impressive.  I by no means am an expert at that kind of stuff, but it was fun to watch him just scoot across the field.  Also looks like he can put on some lbs.  if that is called for.  :dunno: Of course at CB he can come in and make an immediate impact just like he is.  

Archived