Making up

AUFightingSoldiers

Did anyone else find it extremely weird that ESPN didn't do Heismanology on the BCS show for the first time all year?  I'm going to go ahead and tell you this, DO NOT EXPECT ESPN TO APOLOGIZE FOR BREAKING A FALSE STORY.  They will try to back away slowly from all of this.  Notice how they have already started limiting the coverage of the situation.  Now they're not talking about the Heisman (knowing they'll HAVE  to mention Cam).  They will back away slowly and then say they nor anyone else ever accused anyone.

I noticed.  It's because Wade Christopher told them not to.

Wade got so snaps yesterday.  I was really worried for the UTC players. 

lol.  It was good to see him honored before the game.  I am now blinded though, for looking into his eyes...

I noticed.  It's because Wade Christopher told them not to.

Wade got so snaps yesterday.  I was really worried for the UTC players. 

lol.  It was good to see him honored before the game.  I am now blinded though, for looking into his eyes...

haha that made me laugh

A friend of mine who had to work yesterday and came up later on, said that espn issued a "blanket" apology or so-called apology.  I noticed there isn't too much talk about all that mess now.  We went to the game and slimebucket was there and they had to shut it down until they got officers there.  They interviewed our Auburn Alumni prez, asking her "Why is everyone so hostile toward Mark?"  She said she gave a look like "duuuhhhh" and asked them "Have any of you read that crap they have been posting about Cam the past 2 days?"  She said the interviewer just had one of those dumb a** looks.

Did anyone else find it extremely weird that ESPN didn't do Heismanology on the BCS show for the first time all year?  I'm going to go ahead and tell you this, DO NOT EXPECT ESPN TO APOLOGIZE FOR BREAKING A FALSE STORY.  They will try to back away slowly from all of this.  Notice how they have already started limiting the coverage of the situation.  Now they're not talking about the Heisman (knowing they'll HAVE  to mention Cam).  They will back away slowly and then say they nor anyone else ever accused anyone.

Schlabaugh had his face all over tv saying "We never actually accused Cam Newton or AU of any wrongdoing" They are already backtracking :rolleyes:

I just watched him on Talkin Football.  He said the reason for the timing is that the NCAA has just recently requested the financials of the Newton family.  And if the Heisman front runner is turning over financials to the NCAA, that is a story.  But he clarified that no one has produced any info that shows the Newton's knew anything about what Kenny Rogers was doing.  And they have no proof that Kenny Rogers actually did anything.  I don't hate him as much now.

I just watched him on Talkin Football.  He said the reason for the timing is that the NCAA has just recently requested the financials of the Newton family.  And if the Heisman front runner is turning over financials to the NCAA, that is a story.  But he clarified that no one has produced any info that shows the Newton's knew anything about what Kenny Rogers was doing.  And they have no proof that Kenny Rogers actually did anything.  I don't hate him as much now.

Oh.... and he said if anyone is basing their Heisman vote on this story it is not fair to CAM.  His vote, at this point, would be for Cam.

Gee how nice of him.... I dunno but maybe it's important to include that in your original piece MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:  Those three clowns need to get their @$$'s on 1 set and publicly retract every word of that article.. I don't wanna get a retraction on espn radio, or in a twitter feed, I want a Lebron James style full on press conference... and I hope we never make them feel welcome in AU ever again... F@#$ YOU Mark Schlabaugh...

Gee how nice of him.... I dunno but maybe it's important to include that in your original piece MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:  Those three clowns need to get their @$$'s on 1 set and publicly retract every word of that article.. I don't wanna get a retraction on espn radio, or in a twitter feed, I want a Lebron James style full on press conference... and I hope we never make them feel welcome in AU ever again... F@#$ YOU Mark Schlabaugh...

Hell Yea Man! Raise Hell! WDE!

I think you guys are getting upset at the wrong person. He never accused Auburn or Cam Newton in his original piece. It has been analysts, like that guy at FOX Sports.

I think you guys are getting upset at the wrong person. He never accused Auburn or Cam Newton in his original piece. It has been analysts, like that guy at FOX Sports.

He didn't have to. He wrote an open ended pile of crap that let every one draw a guilty perception of AU and Cam.... Sorry if I don't cut the guy some slack for saying "well we never accused AU or the Newtons of anything and there is no evidence that they did". That's so wonderful Mark, if there is no evidence why even write the article?.. Problem now is he can scream 24 hours a day on espn now about there being no evidence, and most people watching will still think AU and Cam are guilty.

Where does Cam go to get his reputation and good name back?  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

He didn't have to. He wrote an open ended pile of crap that let every one draw a guilty perception of AU and Cam.... Sorry if I don't cut the guy some slack for saying "well we never accused AU or the Newtons of anything and there is no evidence that they did". That's so wonderful Mark, if there is no evidence why even write the article?.. Problem now is he can scream 24 hours a day on espn now about there being no evidence, and most people watching will still think AU and Cam are guilty.

Where does Cam go to get his reputation and good name back? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

certainly not walmart ;D

That is the most naive statement I've ever read! Sure, technically, the original article never stated, "Cam Newton got paid by Auburn University." However, it did paint Cecil Newton in a very incriminating light and never mentioned the fact that there is not a formal investigation, accusation, or a shred of evidence implicating the Newton's or AU.

I got no problem with someone reporting that a former MSU player (and friend of the program) is alleging that another former MSU player solicited money, allegedly, on behalf of the Newton's, as long as, they are fair in stating that nothing is proven, the NCAA has cleared Cam to play, and has not even sent AU a letter of inquiry. That would be fair.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

GEEZZ man!  U sure you don't have your AU in the wrong order?

You are hard to figure out. Just saying.

He did what he set out to do. Smear Campaign. It worked. They can act like they didn't do anything and even act like they are sorry but they did what they were trying to do. Too bad its not gonna work in the end. Suck on that media.

GEEZZ man!  U sure you don't have your AU in the wrong order?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived