My letter to Coach Barbee

benjazz

Dear Coach Barbee,

You sir are NOT who I will take to Vegas with me.  Let me explain that statement.  You are the most unlucky person I know.  You took the Auburn Basketball Job.  It sounded ok.  Cal said it would be ok.  I mean, the SEC west is in shambles.  You can make good money and with a little work win the West every year and have total job security or a reason to move on to a bigger job sometime.  (Yes, I'm an Auburn man but I also realize the current state of college basketball and there are more desirable jobs than Auburn) 

You came in working like gangbusters.  Committed some GREAT recruits.  Got a new facility. Its top notch.  Your staff is with you and are well liked.  THEN what happened????  Your two best returning players BOTH tore up their knees.  Your two top big man recruits didn't qualify.  And now NOW on one of the biggest days in Auburn basketball history you are opening the arena with a team with a ton of heart, but lacking in experience and talent I'm afraid.  You can get by with experience if you are less talented than the other guy or you can get by with talent if you don't have experience.  You don't have a lot of either. 

WORSE WORSE WORSE; no one cares you are opening the arena today and wouldn't if Charles Barkley and Chuck Person found eligibility and were coming back to play.  WHY??  Because our football quarterback is now a tabloid superstar and we are all too busy checking out "tweets" and the ESPN crawl and Sports radio trying to see what is going on.

Coach Barbee, I hope you stay at Auburn.  I think you are a great coach and a great man.  But I can't help but think that you must be going "Why did I come to Auburn??"

War Eagle and God Bless You coach. 

Well said. Hopefully he will get some solid fan support. He certainly will from me. On a positive note, due to the circumstances, he does basically have a free pass for quite a while and maybe he can do something with it. WDE

I'm a supporter an listen to most games. However I wont beable to make it to the games. 

Definately tough luck in his first year.  Hang in there.

I hope you didn't seriously send him that....

I seriously hope not.  I follow AU BB and I am very happy to have this coach here.  You make it sound like you wish he was somewhere else, even though you don't come out and say it.  Coach Barbee has made me feel extremely lucky to have him here.  Few coAches walk into a dream team awaiting them, especially in a traditional FB school.  I think Coach Barbee will change a lot of attitudes about roundball before he is done.

As an example, when was the last time AU had a four star shooting guard commit?

War Eagle Coach Barbee! 

:wedance:

I seriously hope not.   I follow AU BB and I am very happy to have this coach here.  You make it sound like you wish he was somewhere else, even though you don't come out and say it.   Coach Barbee has made me feel extremely lucky to have him here.  Few coAches walk into a dream team awaiting them, especially in a traditional FB school.  I think Coach Barbee will change a lot of attitudes about roundball before he is done.

War Eagle Coach Barbee!   

all of this^^^^^^^

I seriously hope not.   I follow AU BB and I am very happy to have this coach here.  You make it sound like you wish he was somewhere else, even though you don't come out and say it.   Coach Barbee has made me feel extremely lucky to have him here.  Few coAches walk into a dream team awaiting them, especially in a traditional FB school.  I think Coach Barbee will change a lot of attitudes about roundball before he is done.

War Eagle Coach Barbee!   

It didn't come across that way to me at all. He actually says Coach Barbee is a great man and a great coach and that he wishes he would stay at AU. I took it as a apology if you will about the current state of AU of which Coach Barbee has had no part in making and is beyond his control. Sorta like a "don't know what you've gotten yourself into" kinda thing, which to some degree may be true. WDE.

I hope and think that Coach Barbee will stick around for quite a while. Ive played basketball and been a fan of basketball my whole life.Ive also been an Auburn fan my whole life,but i never really kept up with or cared for Auburn basketball. The new arena got my attention. Then with the hiring of Coach Barbee i knew we were ''ALL IN''.We're going to have a great basketball program and i'll support my coach and my basketball team to the fullest. I cant wait to see Coach Barbee turn this program around and get AU dancing. Good luck Coach Barbee and War Eagle!

Archived