Kirk Herbstreet

LP 23

So i guess he was right. He predicted Auburn to win the SEC west at the start of the year before any games were played and he was right. They laughed at him and talk about bama and lsu but now check the standing and see who's already lock up a spot in the SEC Championship game.

So i guess he was right. He predicted Auburn to win the SEC west at the start of the year before any games were played and he was right. They laughed at him and talk about bama and lsu but now check the standing and see who's already lock up a spot in the SEC Championship game.

He also called for Cam to be benched and Chizik to be fired when the Cam News first broke.  Screw him!

Well, he got one team right.  He also picked our opponent to be Florida.

Media guys really don't know any more than us...

How many times have they ever been accurate about predicting the 2-teams favored to meet in the SEC Championship game...

No way FL & UAT (who were concensus picks) were going to make it back this year with what they lost from last year's team...

He also called for Cam to be benched and Chizik to be fired when the Cam News first broke.  Screw him!

Kirk has given Auburn many a props and has a lot of respect for Chizik. When everyone was slamming the Chizik hire, Kirk kept reiterating how we got a great coach. He was right again.

Kirk has given Auburn many a props and has a lot of respect for Chizik. When everyone was slamming the Chizik hire, Kirk kept reiterating how we got a great coach. He was right again.

Ive always thought of Kirk as an Auburn guy...But I also know he has a job and sometimes a script to follow...

Of all the guys on Gameday, Kirk has always been the one I respected the most. I mean, Corso is more a clown than a former coach, and Holtz is just downright senile at this point. I have my issues with Herbstreit, yeah, but as ESPN commentators go, there are none I like more. That's not saying much, of course, but still.

You may or may not like Kirk Herbstreit, but the previous comment about him in this thread (that has now been stricken) went over the line, is not acceptable and won't be tolerated.  War Eagle!

Kirk and Mark May and sometimes Fowler are OK with me, remember they aren't given the green light to say everything they want to say. If that were true Kirk would be talking Ohio State 24/7 and Desmond would be all Michigan all day and night. They do follow a scripted agenda.

You may or may not like Kirk Herbstreit, but the previous comment about him in this thread (that has now been stricken) went over the line, is not acceptable and won't be tolerated.  War Eagle!

Sorry about that.

Kirk and Mark May and sometimes Fowler are OK with me, remember they aren't given the green light to say everything they want to say. If that were true Kirk would be talking Ohio State 24/7 and Desmond would be all Michigan all day and night. They do follow a scripted agenda.

Maybe Holtz didn't get the memo then cause he ain't following no script !!

Herbstreit...ok.  the last few weeks Mark May has been looking at Holtz like he is a complete idiot.  He seems to have zero respect for him.  He actually laughed at Holtz last week when he said that Boise and tcu were the best teams in the country.(paraphrase)  He had to catch himself.

Maybe Holtz didn't get the memo then cause he ain't following no script !!

They probably assume he'd be a ratings hit just from comedic value.  

is this true?

Script????  Are you saying this is scripted?

:dunno:

;)

lol @ shoulder surgery on his elbow.  Lou Holtz is the Yogi Berra of college football....exceot Lou's serious.   :laugh:

No, Yogi-isms sometimes hold a kind of wisdom in their redundancy. Holtz is a blithering idiot.

Media guys really don't know any more than us...

How many times have they ever been accurate about predicting the 2-teams favored to meet in the SEC Championship game...

No way FL & UAT (who were concensus picks) were going to make it back this year with what they lost from last year's team...

Guys, the media, at least the electronic media,  is all about ratings. It is like wrestling, one guy on the set will always pick the other team to keep that team's fanbase tuned in. If everyone picks UAT #1, everybody else tunes out. It is all a show.

Think about it, if people are talking about how stupid or biased Lou, or Kirk, or PF is, that means they must be watching/listening (which also means the are at least tuned in when the commercials $$$$ run)

Script????  Are you saying this is scripted?

:dunno:

;)

Notice that I never mentioned Holtz in my earlier post!  :laugh: That was hilarious by the way!

Archived