Schlabach on Fbomb now just said

JwgreDeux

Bell was called by Rogers on the 17th or 18th of November asking for money on behalf of Newtons.

Rogers said that Cecil first asked for money on the official visit in the hotel on the 27th of November.

Schlabach also said that all of these phone calls/text took place over 4 or 5 days. 

Bell also says that Cecil was on the phone on these three way calls.

All of the above statements cannot be true.

yeah, this whole d@mn story is falling apart...why can't the IDIOTS in the media see what's going on and just drop it... :beatmullet:

You just answered your own question within your question.lol. Because they are IDIOTS!

Let me get this right, Bell, himself, said that Rogers asked for money on the 17th or 18th and Rogers, himself, said that Cecil FIRST asked for money on the 27th??? Very intersting

Let me get this right, Bell, himself, said that Rogers asked for money on the 17th or 18th and Rogers, himself, said that Cecil FIRST asked for money on the 27th??? Very intersting

I guess he's claiming that it was the first time Cecil ever made the request himself instead of having someone else do it.

I guess he's claiming that it was the first time Cecil ever made the request himself instead of having someone else do it.

Rogers has never said anyone other than Cecil asked him for money.

Bell was called by Rogers on the 17th or 18th of November asking for money on behalf of Newtons.

Rogers said that Cecil first asked for money on the official visit in the hotel on the 27th of November.

Schlabach also said that all of these phone calls/text took place over 4 or 5 days. 

I didn't catch that but I believe that Rogers said he first contacted Bell after the Egg bowl trip.  Someone please confirm.

Oops, misread the names.  Everything is starting to run together....  I thought it said that Bell heard Cecil the first time on the 27th, although Rogers was already asking about it 10 days earlier.

And didn't Bell tell the FBI about a text message that he can't produce and come up with some story that, basically, equates to " my dog ate my homework"?

Yes, that's something that's been fishy from the beginning. He had these texts which were never turned over and then the cell they were on got "water damaged"

Oops, misread the names.  Everything is starting to run together....  I thought it said that Bell heard Cecil the first time on the 27th, although Rogers was already asking about it 10 days earlier.

OMG!!! This means that Rogers was cooking up a scheme to bilk money from Bell before he ever even met Cecil Newton, do I understand this correctly?

OMG!!! This means that Rogers was cooking up a scheme to bilk money from Bell before he ever even met Cecil Newton, do I understand this correctly?

If the reported timelines are correct then its a possibility. 

Rogers didn't provide any details regarding whether they discussed money prior to the 27th.  However, Rogers was very specific that he left a message with Bell at the gas station with Rev. Newton on the afternoon/evening of the 28th regarding whether the deal was on.  That timeline was definitely contradicted by Schlabach.  So, either Schlabach is confused on his dates, Bell is lying, or Rogers is lying again.  

I actually just re-listened to the interview and Schlabach said the phone calls started to Bell 4-5 days prior to Cam's official visit, in December, first call was on the 17-18 (of December).  I think that Schlabach meant November, but either way the time line conflicts with what Rogers says himself.

Bell says Newton never actually asked for money, but was part of phone calls and inferred it would take money (put a smile on my face comment).

Rogers says that the first time money was brought up by Cecil was on his official visit the night before the egg bowl, and that Cecil himself asked for money. 

here is a link to where I listened to the interview a second time.:  http://podcasting.fia.net/6960/4566074.mp3

And didn't Bell tell the FBI about a text message that he can't produce and come up with some story that, basically, equates to " my dog ate my homework"?

I think it was the NCAA. Don`t think the FBI has talked to Bell but could be wrong.

Hey.... maybe I'm wrong but I was listening on my way home from work and I'm pretty sure he said the 17th of December... ???

he did, but he then said Cam's official visit to MSU was in December, and it was in fact on November 27th.  So I'm pretty sure he meant November. 

Archived