Ricky Stanzi may trump Cam?

ausoldiergrad

There is an article on ESPN but you must be an insider to read it.  In what world would Ricky Stanzi trump Cam?  Anybody with an account that can summarize this latest effort by ESPN to keep Cam's name on their main page?

Can't wait to see the look on everybody elses face if Cam says he is staying for his senior year. ESPN and every SEC teams fans will crap themselves and I will love it. Just for everybodys information I no longer pull for ANY SEC school agagainst ANYBODY anymore after they have done us. I HATE THE SEC now.....except for Auburn of course.

Yeah, I'm sure it's talking about the draft, but that's still hogwash. Stanzi needs a big finish and a big combine just to get first round consideration, while Cam is probably a mid first rounder right now. Imagine what happens when he gets to the combine, runs a 4.4 40, shows off his rocket arm, and blows everybody away with how much more polished his is than his reputation would lead you to believe (not sparkling for an NFL QB, certainly, but farther along).

There is precedence for a player to get drafted high into the NFL based on potential alone.  If Cam does well on the mental part, he will get taken very high.  Unfortunately everyone still has a bad taste in their mouths from Jamarcus Russell, but when they see Cam they will not be able to help themselves.

Can't wait to see the look on everybody elses face if Cam says he is staying for his senior year. ESPN and every SEC teams fans will crap themselves and I will love it. Just for everybodys information I no longer pull for ANY SEC school agagainst ANYBODY anymore after they have done us. I HATE THE SEC now.....except for Auburn of course.

Not me.  One of the great things about the SEC is the pride we take in ALL of our teams.  Brothers may fight, but when someone from outside steps in, I'll support my brother.  No matter what.

I hope he stays, but I'll say this much:  he'd go top 10 easy right now.  Like someone wisely pointed out in another thread, Vick has thrown the league into a tizzy when it comes to a true dual threat qb.  Heck Vick may even win the MVP this yeah.  Cam has a better arm and is much bigger and more durable than Vick, while Vick has no attribute that is greater than Cam when compared head to head.  If Vick keeps it up, it will only help Cam's stock.  I don't see any way a team like the Bills or Titans or Dolphins wouldn't be elated to snag Cam.

I don't know that Cam can throw as hard as Vick.  You'd think he could, but Vick throws laser beam passes that barely seem to have an arc even over 20 and 30 yards.  But then again, I don't know that Cam could do anything that would surprise me at this point.

Not me.  One of the great things about the SEC is the pride we take in ALL of our teams.  Brothers may fight, but when someone from outside steps in, I'll support my brother.  No matter what.

Hey I would have COMPLETELY agreed with you before all this happened and before this season. But teams in the the SEC that aren't even rivals are saying NASTY stuff. Like Horrible stuff. I wouldn't speak about other schools the way I have seen them talk about us. And what have we done? Nothing. I expect it from bammers.....but this year I have seen the majority of the SEC fans surpass BAMMERS! THAT is bad! The SEC's fans for the most part are COMPLETELY CLASSLESS AND EMBARRASSING. I swear its not what it used to be. Maybe I just need to step away from the internet though and that would help with that opinion. Idk.

I really really hope Cam stays because he is easily the best player to play college football in the past 25 years.Not since the great Bo has there been a more impressive specimen.But with all the slander and mud slinging plus the fact that he has a potential to be a top 10-15 I cant blame him for goin pro. But I hope he stays because the fact Florida falls back into the rotation next year and I would love for him to flah those pearly whites at urbum while he hangs 50 on them and the fact the mulletts will go into mealtdown over there fear of him

The only advantage I see Stanzi having over Cam is that he plays in a more pro style offense. Stanzi is not close to Cam when it comes to skills. The first pass to Lutz in the UGA game proved that he could make the throws the NFL requires.

I hope he stays, but I'll say this much:  he'd go top 10 easy right now.  Like someone wisely pointed out in another thread, Vick has thrown the league into a tizzy when it comes to a true dual threat qb.  Heck Vick may even win the MVP this yeah.  Cam has a better arm and is much bigger and more durable than Vick, while Vick has no attribute that is greater than Cam when compared head to head.  If Vick keeps it up, it will only help Cam's stock.  I don't see any way a team like the Bills or Titans or Dolphins wouldn't be elated to snag Cam.

I predict that he'll be the #1 draft overall, regardless of when he goes pro.

If Auburn wins the SECCG and the BCSCG, and Cam wins the Heisman, and he is projected top ten in the first round, he would be FOOLISH to stay. I wouldn't blame him if this happened, but I wish he would stay just for selfish reasons! War Cam Eagle!

If you had a chance to be the 2nd player to win the Heisman AND win a 2nd BCS Championship, you could be regarded as the greatest college football player in history.  He would be talked about for generations.  To me, it would be worth it to come back for another season.

I read the article and it was definitely trying to make a case for Stanzi for Heisman....not too over the top but he basically compared percentages of "bad throws" and talked about how much Stanzi has reduced his INTs this year, etc. At the end of the day, I think he was trying to make sure Stanzi was at least in the conversation but with Iowa taking their third loss, I don't see that happening.....

Like Cam said, "All this talk of turning pro is selfish."  There are a lot of people who want Cam thinking about the NFL. Some of them pretend to be Auburn fans.

Like Cam said, "All this talk of turning pro is selfish."  There are a lot of people who want Cam thinking about the NFL. Some of them pretend to be Auburn fans.

I seriously hope you are not referring to me.

I don't know that Cam can throw as hard as Vick.  You'd think he could, but Vick throws laser beam passes that barely seem to have an arc even over 20 and 30 yards.  But then again, I don't know that Cam could do anything that would surprise me at this point.

If there is one thing I would like to see Cam work on is his deep ball.  He throws a pretty ball but usually puts too much touch and air on the Go Route.

I hope he stays, but I'll say this much: he'd go top 10 easy right now. Like someone wisely pointed out in another thread, Vick has thrown the league into a tizzy when it comes to a true dual threat qb. Heck Vick may even win the MVP this yeah. Cam has a better arm and is much bigger and more durable than Vick, while Vick has no attribute that is greater than Cam when compared head to head. If Vick keeps it up, it will only help Cam's stock. I don't see any way a team like the Bills or Titans or Dolphins wouldn't be elated to snag Cam.

Vick is much faster and probably has a stronger arm. Vick isnt just fast for a QB, he's one of the fastest players in the NFL regardless of position. And he may have the strongest arm in the league.

But you're right, the more success Vick has, the more Cam will look attractive to teams

Archived