Andre Malone gone

marshallcotiger

if true, then c-ya later Malone.  Don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out.  In high school, we won 1 game a year my freshman thru junior years and then won 7 games our senior year.  we had a blast and not once complained.  We knew we were undermanned.  some people can't handle adversity and are mentally weak.

His minutes had been going down for the last month and he could probably see the writing on the wall. He can shoot the ball well but I never thought he had the quickness to defend at the SEC level. He could have helped some this year but longterm this is not a loss IMO.

His minutes had been going down for the last month and he could probably see the writing on the wall. He can shoot the ball well but I never thought he had the quickness to defend at the SEC level. He could have helped some this year but longterm this is not a loss IMO.

yea im guessing the signing of Cedric Mccafee didnt help either

Barbee needs all the men he can get. This definitely doesn't help the direction of our program.

I look at it like this.  This season is already shot.  He wouldnt have been a key player on next years team. Opens up a roster spot for barbee to recruit a top notch player

Barbee needs all the men he can get. This definitely doesn't help the direction of our program.

I look at it like this.  This season is already shot.  He wouldnt have been a key player on next years team. Opens up a roster spot for barbee to recruit a top notch player

He was a pretty big part of our scoring early in the year but yeah I guess you are right.

If ya can't handle it when times are tough, shouldn't be around when times are good. We have enough guards anyway, opens a spot for a big man.

If ya can't handle it when times are tough, shouldn't be around when times are good. We have enough guards anyway, opens a spot for a big man.

Since none of you apparently know the reason he isn`t with the team; then lets just shut up. There may be family issues or any number of reasons. Lets cut the kid some slack at least until there are more details. If we don`t get more details, then we say goodbye and move on. Speculating with no info to back it up does no one any good and doesn`t look good to someone we may want in the future.

No matter what the case is, there's really no reaso to dog the kid, is there?

None what so ever. If he`s gone, we move on and wish him the best for his future.

I don't follow BB closely enough, but I know that in BB recruiting there is certainly more of a recruiting number crunch than with football. Though I hate to see a productive member of this team leave, I think that any room that can be made for Barbee players will be a good thing in the long run. The quotes in the article really show to me that Barbee knows that he is digging himself out of a major hole here, and he sees things in a similar light to what I'm thinking...

JMO

Since none of you apparently know the reason he isn`t with the team; then lets just shut up. There may be family issues or any number of reasons. Lets cut the kid some slack at least until there are more details. If we don`t get more details, then we say goodbye and move on. Speculating with no info to back it up does no one any good and doesn`t look good to someone we may want in the future.

actually we do he is not getting to play anymore :banghead: :banghead:

Playing time and "lack of fit" are the reasons given. No family issues or grades etc. Not hard to read between the lines on this. If Coach Barbee agress that the kid didn't fit, then so can we. WDE.

Playing time and "lack of fit" are the reasons given. No family issues or grades etc. Not hard to read between the lines on this. If Coach Barbee agress that the kid didn't fit, then so can we. WDE.

Agreed. At the time of the earlier posts, we didn`t have any info that we have now. Just a lot of noise from some posters.

Honestly, there are several reasons why Andre isn't on the team anymore. I was talking with Rob Chubb's mother at the arena last night and she filled in several of this reasons. Let's just say it's a mutual decision and leave it at that. Btw.. Mrs. Chubb has known Andre a long time and says he is a wonderful young man.  :believe:

I have no idea if this is true or not so don't shred me to pieces, but some other message boards are saying that he's transferring to East Carolina to play for Lebo.

I have no idea if this is true or not so don't shred me to pieces, but some other message boards are saying that he's transferring to East Carolina to play for Lebo.

makes sense to me

makes sense to me

Ditto

thats interseting oh well i guess he must have liked losing

Archived