Let's talk recruiting...Updated 1/19

I don't want to misrepresent how I really feel about the current class or who else we will sign. I feel great and think we will still land most of our targets. The point of my post was really to point out why the sky is falling for some. I will admit to feeling disappointment in MR's decision. This is why I usually stay skeptical on a few of our recruits like Drew and Crowell. I really don't think we'll get Crowell but I'd like to be wrong. Drew I feel we have a better shot at but I'm not getting my hopes up. When you start expecting big recruits like MR and he goes somewhere else, it's like going to sit in the chair and the bottom falls out and you end up on the floor. I started closely following recruiting in 06 and I absolutely love it. I will say that I've never seen the types of big ups and big downs that we have had with CGC. However, it seems that everytime we have a big down swing it's no time before we have an even bigger up swing.

I have complete trust in the coaches. I know they will put the best men on the field they can get. What really impresses me more is as awesome of recruiters that they are, they seem to be even better at coaching. I mean in 2 years we win a NC for the first time since 1957. I can't wait to see them coach the type of talent they are recruiting. The future is bright and the sky is not falling. We are Auburn. We will continue to DWWD!!  :wareagle:

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USCw has 26 commits as of today, not sure how many spots are left. I am sure they are holding a spot for Clowney.

are you sure USCw has 26 committs? They are supposed to start losing 10 this year because of their sanctions. I think they can only bring in 15 qualifiers this class.

Ellitor explained all of this in detail in another thread. I bet he'll find this thread in a second and explain again.

I hope I do because I do not want to type it all out again. lol

WHEW! I found it. Here is the conversation I had with A4E that fully explains USCw's scholly sitch.

The incoming class is the 2011 class I believe.

True but it is also the 2010 season... USC has:

• A loss of 30 total football scholarships over the 2011, 2012 and 2013 seasons.

This is the 2010 season even though the incoming recruits are called the class of 2011

I understand that we are still in the 2010 season.  But the upcoming signing class is the 2011 class for the fall of 2011 school year and football season.  The scholarship losses are supposed to be for the 2011, 2012 and 2013 seasons.  

Yes but this is the 2010 SEASON so it does not go into affect until 2011 season....

EDIT: Trust me guys. I found it out when I was doing the progression analysis of winning a national title. the 2008 season Tht started in September of 2008 for example would be in the same time frame and include the 2009 recruiting class that signed in February of 2009. For USC it specifically states the scholarship reduction goes into affect for the 2011, 2012, and 2013 seasons and the recruiting classes associated with those seasons are 2012, 2013, and 2014. There is no mention of the classes in their reductions, only the season...and the 2010 season which includes the class that signs on February 2 of 2011, was never mentioned as far as the scholarship reduction part.

Thanks ellitor.  I wasn't trying to be difficult.  I was having a hard time understanding how the 2011 signing class applied to the 2010 season.  But, as typical with the NCAA, there is not alot of rhyme or reason to the rules.  Thanks again.  

No problem and I understand. I could have made it simpler by saying this...A football season goes from the the first game in September to the NSD in the next Calendar year...For Auburn that is Arky St. to NSD on February 2nd, 2011 (NSD)

That really doesn't make sense to me how thay can be, but we are talking about the NCAA here. Thanks for the info!

That really doesn't make sense to me how thay can be, but we are talking about the NCAA here. Thanks for the info!

It should make perfect sense to you because you diagnosed it perfectly. The NCAA is involved. It's not supposed to make sense. :laugh:

Mayor....I tried to read as many pages as I could and could not find my answer to this question....

Why Mason over Crowell....a lot of stuff I'm reading elsewhere and on other threads on this board make it seem like it's us and uga right now with us leading.  Just curious as to why you think Mason since you always seem to be right!

Thanks...I'll hang up and listen

Here is the answer you are looking for, from page 16...

Calloway will start out at RB at AU, Bray will play the Hybrid and as of right now I think we get Tre Mason and will be done at RB, yes. I know they're hot after Crowell and they might be able to pull it off, who knows? I'm betting Tre Mason because I just don't think Crowell likes our offense. I think he likes everything about AU except the offense. I think he wants to run behind a full back in a more traditional offense and that alone may send him to AL or UGA. Hey, I hope they can pull it off and get him...But I'm betting on Mason as of right now.

He is just confused right now. He could go play at TT for his Uncle, who has coached him since he was younger and like a father to him, or go play at AU where he loves everything. It will be a tough decision between the two. I think UF would be his third choice.

several tweets also say USCw is in it. Just making sure you've heard, since I know you follow this stuff close.

USCw has 26 commits as of today, not sure how many spots are left. I am sure they are holding a spot for Clowney.

are you sure USCw has 26 committs? They are supposed to start losing 10 this year because of their sanctions. I think they can only bring in 15 qualifiers this class.

Sorry I meant USCe (South Carolina) has 28 commits currently, picked up two today ...  :-X

Marcus Roberson committed to TT?  Can anyone verify this or did I miss this thread somewhere?

It's true, happened last night.  We blew up over it, should be about a good 10 pages worth in the Marcus Roberson thread.

lol try 20 pages.

Calloway will start out at RB at AU, Bray will play the Hybrid and as of right now I think we get Tre Mason and will be done at RB, yes. I know they're hot after Crowell and they might be able to pull it off, who knows? I'm betting Tre Mason because I just don't think Crowell likes our offense. I think he likes everything about AU except the offense. I think he wants to run behind a full back in a more traditional offense and that alone may send him to AL or UGA. Hey, I hope they can pull it off and get him...But I'm betting on Mason as of right now.

Thanks ellitor...For the record ST, JS and a few others we know and love feel better about Crowell than I do, so we may be able to pull Crowell out yet.

Crowell AND Mason

Thanks ellitor...For the record ST, JS and a few others we know and love feel better about Crowell than I do, so we may be able to pull Crowell out yet.

Are the 3 surprises the earth shattering news?!

ST never said "3".

the original post now has 3 surprises in it. thats why i asked

Oh. No, that's just Mayor filling the remaining spots with "possibilities", since there will probably be a couple players that sign with us that we don't know about yet or arent on the board

I believe Hart has commited and HCD is showing some interest and has planned a visit. That would explain why ST said possibly a commit and a visit. Hart could play RB for any team in the country... except for the turds. They want him at corner ;) ;) He's 5'9 (5'8 on a good day) the only thing they want him to do is return punts and kicks.

I believe Hart has commited and HCD is showing some interest and has planned a visit. That would explain why ST said possibly a commit and a visit. Hart could play RB for any team in the country... except for the turds. They want him at corner ;) ;) He's 5'9 (5'8 on a good day) the only thing they want him to do is return punts and kicks.

Watch Schmivals/everyone else do a "special rankings change" if one/both switch.  :beatmullet:

To me Frost was the most exciting player on the field on the Defense, he was like Santa Claus he was EVERYWHERE!  I know we always need lineman but Frost was an animal and just like last year where we were not really looking to sign a QB I would say it worked out pretty well with that Newton kid.

I believe Hart has already enrolled in UAT and began classes.

[glow=red,2,300]I believe Hart has already enrolled in UAT and began classes[/glow].

not according to the bammer rivals site he hasn't, enrolled

Are the 3 surprises the earth shattering news?!

ST never said "3".

the original post now has 3 surprises in it. thats why i asked

Oh. No, that's just Mayor filling the remaining spots with "possibilities", since there will probably be a couple players that sign with us that we don't know about yet or arent on the board

Nope...Didn't want to ruin ST's surprise. I took the others off the list because I now believe their schollys have been taken by others. One has been talked about lately, two haven't...So I just listed all 3 as a surprise.

Are we confident enough that we will get Drew to where he isn't in the surprise category?

Also, take a look at the class. We are 1 or 2 players away from having a complete starting lineup, theorhetically.

Thats what I call a complete class.

Archived