Let's talk recruiting...Updated 1/19

Now that it is official Marcus to TT, do we have a backup db, or did KF just take his place?  It seems to me that MR might have told the coaches a few days ago or so, and that is the spot that Frost got?  I know I heard KF did some things to earn the coaches trust back, but I also remember hearing the offer was a grey shirt until we missed on someone (well, we missed and he is now a tiger).  If this is true, it means we have another dark horse out there we have not thought about, maybe better, maybe not.

Roberson to TT isn't official. He just has a lot going through his mind right now.

To clarify a little: Roberson texted several folks saying he was committed to TTU. He has since texted and been reported that he is wide open. So........not necessairly over, but I'm surprised he'd commit this late but then say he is open. Even though it is ridiculous to me, he is so talented I hope the coaches stay on him. War Eagle!

Sooo.....does that mean I'm really thinking about coming to TT but I'm still open to going to all the other schools? Which means.....???

It means he is 17 or 18 and even The Batman would get a headache from trying to figure out what it means.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that it is official Marcus to TT, do we have a backup db, or did KF just take his place?  It seems to me that MR might have told the coaches a few days ago or so, and that is the spot that Frost got?  I know I heard KF did some things to earn the coaches trust back, but I also remember hearing the offer was a grey shirt until we missed on someone (well, we missed and he is now a tiger).  If this is true, it means we have another dark horse out there we have not thought about, maybe better, maybe not.

Roberson to TT isn't official. He just has a lot going through his mind right now.

To clarify a little: Roberson texted several folks saying he was committed to TTU. He has since texted and been reported that he is wide open. So........not necessairly over, but I'm surprised he'd commit this late but then say he is open. Even though it is ridiculous to me, he is so talented I hope the coaches stay on him. War Eagle!

Sooo.....does that mean I'm really thinking about coming to TT but I'm still open to going to all the other schools? Which means.....???

It means he is 17 or 18 and even The Batman would get a headache from trying to figure out what it means.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think Ellitor did a good job answering for me  ;D

...but yes, he does still plan to visit Fl and listen to other coaches. To me, I don't understand why he even committed.....Whatever....

He is just confused right now. He could go play at TT for his Uncle, who has coached him since he was younger and like a father to him, or go play at AU where he loves everything. It will be a tough decision between the two. I think UF would be his third choice.

He is just confused right now. He could go play at TT for his Uncle, who has coached him since he was younger and like a father to him, or go play at AU where he loves everything. It will be a tough decision between the two. I think UF would be his third choice.

Well he has mentioned more than one time the past month he was confused. Prowl may have just figured out why.

several tweets also say USCw is in it. Just making sure you've heard, since I know you follow this stuff close.

several tweets also say USCw is in it. Just making sure you've heard, since I know you follow this stuff close.

Him and Erique Florence visited USC together this past weekend and I don't think USC has a very realistic shot at all, IMO.

Him and Erique Florence visited USC together this past weekend and I don't think USC has a very realistic shot at all, IMO.

Agree (not much of a shot), but he has made sure several tweets say USC tonight. All good.

I'd like to have Roberson (obviously), but I def understand the pull he has to TTU. Hate it, but def understand.

USCw has 26 commits as of today, not sure how many spots are left. I am sure they are holding a spot for Clowney.

USCw has 26 commits as of today, not sure how many spots are left. I am sure they are holding a spot for Clowney.

Can't really speak to that other than Kiffen has an in home visit scheduled w/ MR this week.

USCw is not in it for the Clownman. It's a USCe-bammer battle.

Fox Sports reporter Laura McKeeman is reporting on scout that Roberson just texted her he just committed to Texas Tech but will still take his visit to Florida.  I posted the links in the Roberson thread.

If that's true, it's not that shocking since Otis Mounds is coaching there who's his uncle. Also, if that's true I would think we would try and take the Calloway and Mason combo if possible.

You mean Crowell and Mason?

Yes...Sorry,

Agree (not much of a shot), but he has made sure several tweets say USC tonight. All good.

I'd like to have Roberson (obviously), but I def understand the pull he has to TTU. Hate it, but def understand.

I understand what you mean about him making it known USC is on his list. IMO, it is a case of a recent visit still being fresh on his mind (kind of like when he visited UGA and his remarks afterwards). I think as soon as the dust settles, his true favorites will rise back to the top. AU and TT.

Didn't the recruiting notes from JLee on Monday say that MR was committed to us?

No. Basically said he WAS all but ours.

Didn't the recruiting notes from JLee on Monday say that MR was committed to us?

It was pretty widely thought that he seemed like a silent commit...

I thought it was something like that.  I really really really hate missing out on MR. What happens whwn a highly recruited player that is suppose to be a heavy lean comes out of nowhere and commits somewhere else it makes you start thinking about who else might not be coming. I don't feel very confident of most of the rest of the class. I do think Westerman comes here but I'm less confident now. I have really thought Wright has been with us the whole way. Now some are saying he's TN bound. Drew could very well not go our way. Crowell is a long shot to me anyway. JLee had Mason at 45% last time I saw. I do think we will get "A". I've heard nothing but speculation that Fulse is coming to AU but I haven't heard anything out of him.

I realize this is the most pessimistic view. I don't think we miss on all those guys but we could wiff on someone else.  :pcprobs: On the bright side we did pull in Kris Frost today so not a terrible day.  :we:

I thought it was something like that.  I really really really hate missing out on MR. What happens whwn a highly recruited player that is suppose to be a heavy lean comes out of nowhere and commits somewhere else it makes you start thinking about who else might not be coming. I don't feel very confident of most of the rest of the class. I do think Westerman comes here but I'm less confident now. I have really thought Wright has been with us the whole way. Now some are saying he's TN bound. Drew could very well not go our way. Crowell is a long shot to me anyway. JLee had Mason at 45% last time I saw. I do think we will get "A". I've heard nothing but speculation that Fulse is coming to AU but I haven't heard anything out of him.

I realize this is the most pessimistic view. I don't think we miss on all those guys but we could wiff on someone else.  :pcprobs: On the bright side we did pull in Kris Frost today so not a terrible day.  :we:

This is what happens when you let the decision of one 17 year old kid affect your whole outlook and way of thinking.  This is recruiting and nothing is final until signed on the dotted line.  When things get crazy, you have to reflect back to your rock.  The last few years in Auburn football, that has been our coaches.  You need to just trust that the coaches have a plan, a back up to that plan and probably a back up to that one.  Strap in, the next two weeks are going to be wild and exciting.  If we only signed those commited to us now, I am still excited about this class.  The cake is in the oven, just need to wait till the buzzer goes off and add the icing.

Whiz7. One thing I've learned over the past few years is to not expect anything until the LOI is signed. Its fun and entertaining to get on these message boards to see what people are saying but the reality is your guess is as good as ANYBODIES as to whom we will sign.

Whiz7. One thing I've learned over the past few years is to not expect anything until the LOI is signed. Its fun and entertaining to get on these message boards to see what people are saying but the reality is your guess is as good as ANYBODIES as to whom we will sign.

That isn't reality and a little short-sighted, IMO. Recruits change their minds all the time but some have a lot better idea than others. We have zoned in on most of our potential commits here at AE, some even months before others picked up on it.

are you sure USCw has 26 committs? They are supposed to start losing 10 this year because of their sanctions. I think they can only bring in 15 qualifiers this class.

are you sure USCw has 26 committs? They are supposed to start losing 10 this year because of their sanctions. I think they can only bring in 15 qualifiers this class.

Ellitor explained all of this in detail in another thread. I bet he'll find this thread in a second and explain again.

Ellitor explained all of this in detail in another thread. I bet he'll find this thread in a second and explain again.

I hope I do because I do not want to type it all out again. lol

WHEW! I found it. Here is the conversation I had with A4E that fully explains USCw's scholly sitch.

The incoming class is the 2011 class I believe.

True but it is also the 2010 season... USC has:

• A loss of 30 total football scholarships over the 2011, 2012 and 2013 seasons.

This is the 2010 season even though the incoming recruits are called the class of 2011

I understand that we are still in the 2010 season.  But the upcoming signing class is the 2011 class for the fall of 2011 school year and football season.  The scholarship losses are supposed to be for the 2011, 2012 and 2013 seasons.  

Yes but this is the 2010 SEASON so it does not go into affect until 2011 season....

EDIT: Trust me guys. I found it out when I was doing the progression analysis of winning a national title. the 2008 season Tht started in September of 2008 for example would be in the same time frame and include the 2009 recruiting class that signed in February of 2009. For USC it specifically states the scholarship reduction goes into affect for the 2011, 2012, and 2013 seasons and the recruiting classes associated with those seasons are 2012, 2013, and 2014. There is no mention of the classes in their reductions, only the season...and the 2010 season which includes the class that signs on February 2 of 2011, was never mentioned as far as the scholarship reduction part.

Thanks ellitor.  I wasn't trying to be difficult.  I was having a hard time understanding how the 2011 signing class applied to the 2010 season.  But, as typical with the NCAA, there is not alot of rhyme or reason to the rules.  Thanks again.  

No problem and I understand. I could have made it simpler by saying this...A football season goes from the the first game in September to the NSD in the next Calendar year...For Auburn that is Arky St. to NSD on February 2nd, 2011 (NSD)

This is going to happen when we play in the 5 and 4 star realm. Also, the circumstance of a young man's loyalty towards his uncle has to be difficult. I still feel confident we close strong and get another great class.

TP my point to whiz7 is that generally in any given year there are 50 or so recruits that at some point you have a good feeling will sign to play for us. Generally you will sign about half. But to assume a player is going to sign because you read somewhere "he is all but ours" is only setting yourself up for disapointment when he doesn't. This is just my opinion and I base it off what our board looks like now compared to what was being posted here 3 months ago. However I like our board better now.

Archived