Let's talk recruiting...Updated 1/19

I added Kris Frost back to the list. I would just like to apologize to myself for not trusting myself and leaving him on there. Hope my self accepts my apology.  :)

It was pretty obvious it was the Evil Mayor that hacked your account, but I hope the evil mayor apologised to the positive mayor!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I added Kris Frost back to the list. I would just like to apologize to myself for not trusting myself and leaving him on there. Hope my self accepts my apology.  :)

Nice to have you back, Dr. Jekyll. :tease:

I know this has probably been discussed, but where are we recruiting Sigler - LB or DE?  I thought DE but rivals shows him at OLB.  He is a big LB.  

I looked him up because he is the only 3 star left on our board, and when you look at our average star (which is what I really judge the rankings by because commit count) we are at #5 on rivals.  Every recruit except him will only increase our average star and therefore give us at worst a #5 ranking.  with a bump in several of our commits, I think we finish no lower than 3rd on rivals, and the coaches will have brought in another incredible class.

I know this has probably been discussed, but where are we recruiting Sigler - LB or DE?  I thought DE but rivals shows him at OLB.  He is a big LB.  

I looked him up because he is the only 3 star left on our board, and when you look at our average star (which is what I really judge the rankings by because commit count) we are at #5 on rivals.  Every recruit except him will only increase our average star and therefore give us at worst a #5 ranking.  with a bump in several of our commits, I think we finish no lower than 3rd on rivals, and the coaches will have brought in another incredible class.

I think he projects more as a DT, actually. I'm guessing we're listing him at LB so as not to scare off other DT prospects (and because we have a couple who will likely move from offense to LB before it's over), but that's just a guess.

Guest shirley4au9

Just from seeing you post here, my guess is yourself will tell yourself that you accept your apology, but you will actually still hold a grudge against yourself.

Appears accurate to me! :laugh:

Just from seeing you post here, my guess is yourself will tell yourself that you accept your apology, but you will actually still hold a grudge against yourself.

Appears accurate to me! :laugh:

No, those two parts of him don't hold grudges that much. That's the job of the other voices in his head. :laugh::tease:

I think bringing Frost in will allow Calloway a better look at RB and not a need as much for him at LB.  I also think that Fulse is a huge need. 

I agree with you on Calloway. Our LB group may even be full enough to give Frost a look on Offense.

However, I disagree about Fulse. He looks to be an outstanding prospect but we have much greater need at the DT position than we do at TE. We have 3 current players and one ATH that projects to be a TE.

WHEN IS NSD? FEB? :we:

First Wednesday in February. This year it's the 2nd.

mayor......you hearing the rumblings on G Wright?? 

Several other sites are saying that his mom is the major player in his decision and right now she is leaning to UTenn.  I have read this on both the other sites and an insider friend to one of those sites is sayin the same thing......

I think bringing Frost in will allow Calloway a better look at RB and not a need as much for him at LB.  I also think that Fulse is a huge need. 

I agree with you on Calloway. Our LB group may even be full enough to give Frost a look on Offense.

However, I disagree about Fulse. He looks to be an outstanding prospect but we have much greater need at the DT position than we do at TE. We have 3 current players and one ATH that projects to be a TE.

I assume you are talking about CJ Uzomah?  Yea, for some reason he slipped my mind at TE.  Good point, but I still like Fulse and getting Uzomah at WR (would love to have a big guy out there like him).

I assume you are talking about CJ Uzomah?  Yea, for some reason he slipped my mind at TE.  Good point, but I still like Fulse and getting Uzomah at WR (would love to have a big guy out there like him).

Gus and his trick plays (CJU was a QB).  Bammers like to call them gimmicks, but I prefer to call them domination.

Fulse is more of a blocking/receiving TE like Lutzie; I expect CJ to be given a hard look at running the wildcat in addition to serving as a receiving TE.  Gus is gonna have some sick talent across the board next year; it'll be interesting to see what he does with all the playmakers.

Mayor, any connection between the acceptance of Frost's commit and Darvin's decision; is that what the coaches were waiting for before they took another potential receiver in this class?

I like that list, everything we need. I have a question though. Who may be a possible surprise commit to that list?

Based on what we knew 2 weeks ago, BC and KF are likely this classes surprises..

waddle, Wright is ours to lose and i do not see that happening, Gabe likes to talk alot but when the time comes he will be wearing orange and blue        :party:

My guess is...

19. RB - Tre Mason

20. OL - Christian Westerman

21. DE - Ray Drew

22. DT - Gabe Wright

23. CB - Marcus Roberson

24. S - Erique Florence

25. Suprise me.

waddle, Wright is ours to lose and i do not see that happening, Gabe likes to talk alot but when the time comes he will be wearing orange and blue        :party:

yeah that is what i keep reading.....and usually with most of this 'crootin talk i don't really pay that much attention.....but when two of the ppl i usually hear from said the same thing i got a little worried......just didn't know if there was more info out today or something.....

thanks for the update.......

yeah that is what i keep reading.....and usually with most of this 'crootin talk i don't really pay that much attention.....but when two of the ppl i usually hear from said the same thing i got a little worried......just didn't know if there was more info out today or something.....

thanks for the update.......

Someone asked J. Hokanson on Twitter about the talk of Gabe to Tennessee and he said "I think it's exactly that. Talk."

Archived