Let's talk recruiting...Updated 1/19

The Dream Signing Class will continue.  This is how I see us finishing.  Yeah, I know, crazy isn't it?? 

Fulse (in)

Roberson (in)

Sigler (in)

Drew (in)

Florence (in)

Wright (in)

Westerman  (Richardson if Christian goes to TX)

Crowell (Huggins or Mason if Crowell doesn't commit)

Frost (contingent on a possible greyshirt. I don't think Kris takes a greyshirt) 

:cool:

Wait. Wouldn't Frosty get a scholly if Westy goes to UT?. Even though it is a different position i would think Frosty is next in line for a scholly.

Don;t you think it's more critical that we get another OT?  Frost is great, but he's not a serious need.

It's not about gettng another OT  unless the coaches told Frost that an OT is a priority no matter what. .

It's always a good idea to fill your needs in recruiting.  We need all of the above players more than we need Frost right now and I think that's they way the staff is approaching this.  Just my opinion.

I agree and I hope the staff made that respectfully clear to Frost.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see how you guys don't qualify LB as a big need for us. We have two players on our team that have starting experience at LB, but neither one has started consistently. Beyond that all we have are question marks. Now true that Frost will be a question mark until he proves otherwise but if you don't have experience you better have numbers!

But I guess when you have as many people leaving as we do then all positions are of great need. I started to rank the positions I think we are fairly solid at and the only ones I came up with was DE and WR!

As per getting CW @ OT,

It is not like we don't have any OT prospects returning for 2011...

Think back about Grime's comments about our lack of depth in 2009, and then the total lack of those type of comments in 2010...

And I expect that we will probably see some great competition from those who already have at least a year under Yox/Grimes...

That said... I still want CW.... but it is not the end of us being competitive if we miss out on him...

As per getting CW @ OT,

It is not like we don't have any OT prospects returning for 2011...

Think back about Grime's comments about our lack of depth in 2009, and then the total lack of those type of comments in 2010...

And I expect that we will probably see some great competition from those who already have at least a year under Yox/Grimes...

That said... I still want CW.... but it is not the end of us being competitive if we miss out on him...

You're right. He was a late addition that we haven't been in on for an extremely long time. It would certainly be nice to get him, but it's not the end of the world if we don't.

what was updated?

Page 1, Post 1.

Yes. Frost is off the list.

Thanks - after I read this post & commented, then went to the Kris Frost post, I realized the answer to my question. Thanks ellitor.

what was updated?

Page 1, Post 1.

Yes. Frost is off the list.

Thanks - after I read this post & commented, then went to the Kris Frost post, I realized the answer to my question. Thanks ellitor.

anytime Sid.

Ok i know that Nick and Cam leaving won't open up anymore spots in this recruiting class because of the 25 limit.  However, many people were expecting us to only sign around 20 next year due to the 85 limit.  Will Cam and Nick leaving allow us to sign a couple more players next year than we expected?

Ok i know that Nick and Cam leaving won't open up anymore spots in this recruiting class because of the 25 limit.  However, many people were expecting us to only sign around 20 next year due to the 85 limit.  Will Cam and Nick leaving allow us to sign a couple more players next year than we expected?

yes

yes

Are you sure? They would both be Sr's next year anyway, so would be gone. I don't see how them leaving early helps the 85 for the 2012 class. What am I missing?

It doesn't make a difference at all really. It would make a difference in the 2011 class if we needed room on the 85 count but we don't so it doesn't matter.

yes

Are you sure? They would both be Sr's next year anyway, so would be gone. I don't see how them leaving early helps the 85 for the 2012 class. What am I missing?

your right. I was getting ahead of myself. We will sign the same next year regardless because Cam and Nick would be seniors next year.

Dang Whiz! You beat me too it.  :devil:  :tease:

yes

your right. I was getting ahead of myself. We will sign the same next year regardless because Cam and Nick would be seniors next year.

Ellitor we spend waaaay too much time on this board!  :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup:

yes

Ellitor we spend waaaay too much time on this board!  :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup:

Oh I sleep and work...just never close my web browser and even if I do. this is my home page.  ;D

thanks for setting it straight guys.  i just want us to have a full class because next year's in-state talent is supposed to be the best in a while.

I wouldn't be surprised if we, at least, get close to 25.

Oh I sleep and work...just never close my web browser and even if I do. this is my home page.  ;D

Yeah I sleep some....and do some work too. But like you, my browser never leaves this site and I never close it. If I do it is by accident or I had to reboot. Either way it goes right back to here. I have it on my iphone and on my laptop 24/7. Gotta stay connected!

thanks for setting it straight guys.  i just want us to have a full class because next year's in-state talent is supposed to be the best in a while.

I don't know Red. This class will put us right at the 85 limit and we are only graduating 12 next season.

I don't know Red. This class will put us right at the 85 limit and we are only graduating 12 next season.

Pretty sure we were only at 81 or 82 this year, and with Cam and Nick leaving we'll be losing and gaining 25, so that should be a wash, putting it up at 15-16 spots. Normal attrition likely pushes us up to 20-21, and as much as it may not sit well with some, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few guys who would never be able to see the field get medical hardship wavers. Personally, I don't have so much problem with that, because if they aren't going to play, it wouldn't be such a big deal for them to not count towards the 85. :dunno:

Pretty sure we were only at 81 or 82 this year, and with Cam and Nick leaving we'll be losing and gaining 25, so that should be a wash, putting it up at 15-16 spots. Normal attrition likely pushes us up to 20-21, and as much as it may not sit well with some, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few guys who would never be able to see the field get medical hardship wavers. Personally, I don't have so much problem with that, because if they aren't going to play, it wouldn't be such a big deal for them to not count towards the 85. :dunno:

according to this link we were at 84 this year. The current seniors have been removed and the current juniors are listed as senios and so forth. The current commits not enrolled is in gray. The total is 77 and will be 85 with 8 more commits. It is a 2011 projection. Is there anyone on the sheet that you know does not have a scholly?

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AvZ483JQTL26dDJDTnRKZGV1S19MSXF0RFZ1Tlo5VEE&hl=en&authkey=CMDq6MUD#gid=0

If we were at 84, then I'm guessing that's due to putting a couple of senior walk ons on scholly, but I don't know. I'm really not sure how it will all work out, but I think we'll find a way to do something in order to sign close to the limit. :dunno:

If we were at 84, then I'm guessing that's due to putting a couple of senior walk ons on scholly, but I don't know. I'm really not sure how it will all work out, but I think we'll find a way to do something in order to sign close to the limit. :dunno:

Either way... its nice to have depth and im sure the coaches will keep things in line.

Archived