Let's talk recruiting...Updated 1/19

Nice work on the spreadsheet ellitor.. :thumbsup:

I did not do it. I saved it as a favorite page on my computer when it was posted by another AE member a while back and refer to it from time to time.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did not do it. I saved it as a favorite page on my computer when it was posted by another AE member a while back and refer to it from time to time.

OK, will be a nice reference to keep track of everyone.

OK, will be a nice reference to keep track of everyone.

Exactly.

My first post.  Really enjoy this site.  I have followed recruiting since the late 70's.  It has really changed over the years. 

The chart included two walk-ons who received scholarships last fall, Wade Christopher (lb) and Josh Harris (sn).  Not sure if they will be carried forward for 2012.

My first post.  Really enjoy this site.  I have followed recruiting since the late 70's.  It has really changed over the years. 

The chart included two walk-ons who received scholarships last fall, Wade Christopher (lb) and Josh Harris (sn).  Not sure if they will be carried forward for 2012.

The 85 rule only pertains to scholarship players so they count on the 85 as soon as they get a scholly.

Ellitor, poor wording on my part.  BTW, I enjoy your posts and info.  Copied your chart to go with one I keep on classes.

I was trying to say that scholarships to walk-ons unless they are starters are less likely to be renewed the next year than signees.  That would put Christopher at risk if we need that spot. 

Also, Burgess and Means have been here 2 years.  Both might be candidates if space is available.

Ellitor, poor wording on my part.  BTW, I enjoy your posts and info.  Copied your chart to go with one I keep on classes.

I was trying to say that scholarships to walk-ons unless they are starters are less likely to be renewed the next year than signees.  That would put Christopher at risk if we need that spot. 

Also, Burgess and Means have been here 2 years.  Both might be candidates if space is available.

That is true and you just stumbled on an important I will clarify for the rest of the board. Contrary to popular belief, Scholarships for student Athletes are 1 academic year agreements, not 4 or 5 year agreements. They have to be renewed each year just like they are for regular students.

Great series of posts to start your AE involvement: post often, and WDE!!!

10 spots left: 1fulse,2roberson,3florence,4wright,5frost,6mason or buie,7crowell or hugging,8drew or chickillo,9westerman or ward,10jenkins or sigler. That will yield 28 signees. 2 greyshirts and 1 academic casualty.

10 spots left: 1fulse,2roberson,3florence,4wright,5frost,6mason or buie,7crowell or hugging,8drew or chickillo,9westerman or ward,10jenkins or sigler. That will yield 28 signees. 2 greyshirts and 1 academic casualty.

We have 17 now. 17+10=27 friend.

17 or 18, depending on whether Shon Coleman counts towards this year's class or the 2012 class, I think.

Good point.

i thought that shon counted towards last year even he did not enroll until now....kinda like the whole brandon cox deal a few years ago

i thought that shon counted towards last year even he did not enroll until now....kinda like the whole brandon cox deal a few years ago

Not correct in this situation. We signed a full class of 25 last season so he can not count backwards. He can only count to this year or next year if the NCAA approves.

Not correct in this situation. We signed a full class of 25 last season so he can not count backwards. He can only count to this year or next year if the NCAA approves.

gotcha i had forgotten we signed a full 25

I have a question about Safeties, since it seems like were really thin there right now.  Are Therezie and Swain expected to be Safeties, or are they at Corner/Linebacker, respectively?

Safeties: (2011)

Mike McNeil

Ikeem Means (walk-on)

Demetruce McNeal

Ryan Smith

+

Erique Florence

I originally had R. White at safety, but I'm pretty sure he got moved to corner, possibly because of Mincy being in the dog house last year. 

I was thinking Cole was a Senior this year, but it looks like he's got another year.  :-[  That at least gives us a little more depth.

I added Kris Frost back to the list. I would just like to apologize to myself for not trusting myself and leaving him on there. Hope my self accepts my apology.  :)

Just from seeing you post here, my guess is yourself will tell yourself that you accept your apology, but you will actually still hold a grudge against yourself.

Archived