Let's talk recruiting...Updated 1/19

waddle, Wright is ours to lose and i do not see that happening, Gabe likes to talk alot but when the time comes he will be wearing orange and blue        :party:

thanks ms. jones.....hadn't seen that......

yeah that is what i keep reading.....and usually with most of this 'crootin talk i don't really pay that much attention.....but when two of the ppl i usually hear from said the same thing i got a little worried......just didn't know if there was more info out today or something.....

thanks for the update.......

Someone asked J. Hokanson on Twitter about the talk of Gabe to Tennessee and he said "I think it's exactly that. Talk."

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mayor......you hearing the rumblings on G Wright?? 

Several other sites are saying that his mom is the major player in his decision and right now she is leaning to UTenn.  I have read this on both the other sites and an insider friend to one of those sites is sayin the same thing......

I believe Gabe is All In.

I know this has probably been discussed, but where are we recruiting Sigler - LB or DE?  I thought DE but rivals shows him at OLB.  He is a big LB.  

I looked him up because he is the only 3 star left on our board, and when you look at our average star (which is what I really judge the rankings by because commit count) we are at #5 on rivals.  Every recruit except him will only increase our average star and therefore give us at worst a #5 ranking.  with a bump in several of our commits, I think we finish no lower than 3rd on rivals, and the coaches will have brought in another incredible class.

DE or DT...but there may be some concern that he won't make it in. That's why we may sign 26. We absolutely have no room. Good problem to have but you can't oversign much....And it's not written in stone he won't make it in. Just a thought by some.

I added Kris Frost back to the list. I would just like to apologize to myself for not trusting myself and leaving him on there. Hope my self accepts my apology.  :)

Just from seeing you post here, my guess is yourself will tell yourself that you accept your apology, but you will actually still hold a grudge against yourself.

That's actually probably right... :laugh:

I added Kris Frost back to the list. I would just like to apologize to myself for not trusting myself and leaving him on there. Hope my self accepts my apology.  :)

Just from seeing you post here, my guess is yourself will tell yourself that you accept your apology, but you will actually still hold a grudge against yourself.

Maybe yourself and myself can get together and decide whether to forgive ourselves or not.

Maybe yourself and myself can get together and decide whether to forgive ourselves or not.

It's doubtfull we will...We knew what was right, but we allowed the talking heads of recruiting to make us doubt...Unforgivable.. :'( ....Seriously, I will quote myself to further embarrass myself...."Common sense should tell you we're not going to turn down a guy who's good enough to play D1 on either side of the ball." Somewhere playing in the background Michael Jackson is singing....I'm starting with the man in the mirror...

"A doubleminded man is unstable in all his ways"

Oh, you have no idea the doubleminded tin-foil hat situation you're dealing with in the Mayor. When I'm not here, I double as another "Mayor" talking about what I think will happen in the world of politics and the economy. Auburn should have a great 2011...the U.S....not so much.

P.S. If anyone was wondering. It's easier to figure out what will happen in the economy and political realm than college football recruiting. Ha!

I just don't see there being enough room for Mason. I think he would be at a lower priority for the coaches, especially when we will have been recruiting those "athlete" types like Trovon and Bray who could easily slide in to fill the role of speed back.

Honestly, I expected McCallebb to have a more versatile role this last season and get more mixed into the passing attack. I based a lot my expectation on how he was used in last year's A-day game. I could see a Trovon type player trying to step in and fulfill McCallebb's role (to a lesser extent) while still getting many reps playing receiver.

...And we probably have McCallebb for two more years anyway. If Mason is a true speed back like he has been advertised, then I don't quite see where he fits into the equation.

So Tre Mason is our lone back? (Unless you count Bray/Calloway)

Calloway will start out at RB at AU, Bray will play the Hybrid and as of right now I think we get Tre Mason and will be done at RB, yes. I know they're hot after Crowell and they might be able to pull it off, who knows? I'm betting Tre Mason because I just don't think Crowell likes our offense. I think he likes everything about AU except the offense. I think he wants to run behind a full back in a more traditional offense and that alone may send him to AL or UGA. Hey, I hope they can pull it off and get him...But I'm betting on Mason as of right now.

Fox Sports reporter Laura McKeeman is reporting on scout that Roberson just texted her he just committed to Texas Tech but will still take his visit to Florida.  I posted the links in the Roberson thread.

If that's true, it's not that shocking since Otis Mounds is coaching there who's his uncle. Also, if that's true I would think we would try and take the Calloway and Mason combo if possible.

Fox Sports reporter Laura McKeeman is reporting on scout that Roberson just texted her he just committed to Texas Tech but will still take his visit to Florida.  I posted the links in the Roberson thread.

If that's true, it's not that shocking since Otis Mounds is coaching there who's his uncle. Also, if that's true I would think we would try and take the Calloway and Mason combo if possible.

You mean Crowell and Mason?

Now that it is official Marcus to TT, do we have a backup db, or did KF just take his place?  It seems to me that MR might have told the coaches a few days ago or so, and that is the spot that Frost got?  I know I heard KF did some things to earn the coaches trust back, but I also remember hearing the offer was a grey shirt until we missed on someone (well, we missed and he is now a tiger).  If this is true, it means we have another dark horse out there we have not thought about, maybe better, maybe not.

Now that it is official Marcus to TT, do we have a backup db, or did KF just take his place?  It seems to me that MR might have told the coaches a few days ago or so, and that is the spot that Frost got?  I know I heard KF did some things to earn the coaches trust back, but I also remember hearing the offer was a grey shirt until we missed on someone (well, we missed and he is now a tiger).  If this is true, it means we have another dark horse out there we have not thought about, maybe better, maybe not.

Roberson to TT isn't official. He just has a lot going through his mind right now.

Roberson to TT isn't official. He just has a lot going through his mind right now.

Well, I just figured as diligent as the people are at rivals (see the Frost deal) that they wouldn't show a player committed until it was offical.  It would be good to flip him back to us because we really need depth at corner.

^^^^This. MR says he is committed but still Wide Open, whatever that means.

To clarify a little: Roberson texted several folks saying he was committed to TTU. He has since texted and been reported that he is wide open. So........not necessairly over, but I'm surprised he'd commit this late but then say he is open. Even though it is ridiculous to me, he is so talented I hope the coaches stay on him. War Eagle!

To clarify a little: Roberson texted several folks saying he was committed to TTU. He has since texted and been reported that he is wide open. So........not necessairly over, but I'm surprised he'd commit this late but then say he is open. Even though it is ridiculous to me, he is so talented I hope the coaches stay on him. War Eagle!

Sooo.....does that mean I'm really thinking about coming to TT but I'm still open to going to all the other schools? Which means.....???

Archived