Cam Newton Appreciation

JasonsDad

Dear Cam,  I wanted to express a few words of just how much my family and I have enjoyed and appreciated you being part of the Auburn Family this year.  You just looked a little sad during and after the game and as a Dad myself I know how you must feel.  It made me hurt for you.  I've tried to put myself in your shoes but of course I can't. You have endured so much, more than anyone deserves and all the while doing it with class and fierce determination.  This years journey is now complete. 

You have showed yourself to be a true champion, and I'm not talking about football, I'm talking about champion in life. You've endured and you've overcome.  Although we've never met, I feel I know you pretty well.  No person short of the President of the United States has undergone so much scrutiny and survived it all with class and dignity like you have.  The weight of expectation must have been enormous.  Expectaion of family, of fans, of team mates of coaches and most of all expectations of self.  You have risen the bar for everyone around you including myself.  I can only hope that placed in a similar circumstance I could be half the man you have showed yourself to be.

I served my country as a combat rescue aircrewman.  I've jumped from helicopters into turbulant seas. I've twice crashed aircraft into the sea and survived but,  None of that compares to the stress and pressure that I've seen you undergo over the past few months. I don't believe I would have been able to conduct myself with the same class and dignity that you have. So it's understandable if you were feeling a little overwhelmed or a little down. I just wanted you to know from the bottom of my heart what an inspiration you have been to me and wether you return for one more glorious year at Auburn or start the next chapter of you life, I and thousands like me will never forget you or what you mean to us.

God Bless with Best Regards,

David Reeves

:wareagle:

I hope you sent this to Cam.  He could use it.  Thanks for the great post!

I don't know how to get it to Cam.  If one of the mods could perhaps pass it I would be grateful. I don't know if Cam reads the boards or not but If anyones close to him does please pass it along to him.  Thanks and War Eagle.

Great post Dad. I agree with all you stated. I don't know anyone who could have handled themselves the way Cam did through this entire season. He is truly an Awesome young man. Best wishes Cam on your decision which ever way you go.        :wareagle:        :wareagle:              :wareagle:

We love you Cam and agree with the above post.  at the end of the game I wanted to go down and give him a hug.    You are an Auburn man and we hope to have you back next year, it is hard to give up someone you c are so much about.

CAM:

For the excitement you brought to my family and my beloved AUBURN FOOTBALL TEAM...for the LEADERSHIP...the WILL TO WIN....for the LOVE OF THE GAME....my family and my AUBURN FAMILY thank you....may you keep improving and keep your faith in GOD, for that is what this life is all about from start to finish.  GOD BLESS You and Your Family.

:bow:      :thumbsup:          :happydance:      :trampoline:        :yay:      :partey:      :party:    :believe:

Archived