Updated: 3:50 1-20-11 Potential earth shattering recruiting news........

AUSportTalk

I think this is all a great big tease! I know something that you don't and I can't-ain't gonna tell you. Twenty-four to 48 hours now maybe NSD. My opinion. If you have "earth shattering" news and can't tell it, then don't mention it. Let it be a surprise. Nanner, nanner, nanner.

Welcome skeeter. This is just how it's done here man. You aren't gonna find better than this site. Whatever this news is it will be dead on. It just makes recruiting fun man. I don't think it's meant to torment.lol.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Dee Hart switches to Auburn, what will Rivals do?? They've already made their final evaluations, and there wont be enough time to bump him back down to a 4 star!!

Not true. Deangelo Benton was a five star after he sent his letter of intent in.. after a couple of hours he was bumped DOWN to a three star.

This is patently false.

Benton, out of high school the first time, was rated a 4 star. He didn't qualify. He went to prep school and was rated a 5 star out of there, committing to LSU again. He didn't qualify. He went BACK to prep school and was rated a 4 star and signed with Auburn. He remained a 4 star. Get your facts right.

Benton was listed on Rivals as a 5 star when he submitted his LOI.  I was sitting at my computer, saw that we had a signed him, saw the 5stars and called the guy in the next office and showed him.

A couple of hours later I was looking at our list and saw him changed to a 4star.

THEY CHANGED HIM AFTER HE SIGNED. I SAW IT.

I think this is all a great big tease! I know something that you don't and I can't-ain't gonna tell you. Twenty-four to 48 hours now maybe NSD. My opinion. If you have "earth shattering" news and can't tell it, then don't mention it. Let it be a surprise. Nanner, nanner, nanner.

Sorry to disappoint you skeeter.  :'(

If Dee Hart switches to Auburn, what will Rivals do?? They've already made their final evaluations, and there wont be enough time to bump him back down to a 4 star!!

Not true. Deangelo Benton was a five star after he sent his letter of intent in.. after a couple of hours he was bumped DOWN to a three star.

This is patently false.

Benton, out of high school the first time, was rated a 4 star. He didn't qualify. He went to prep school and was rated a 5 star out of there, committing to LSU again. He didn't qualify. He went BACK to prep school and was rated a 4 star and signed with Auburn. He remained a 4 star. Get your facts right.

Benton was listed on Rivals as a 5 star when he submitted his LOI.  I was sitting at my computer, saw that we had a signed him, saw the 5stars and called the guy in the next office and showed him.

A couple of hours later I was looking at our list and saw him changed to a 4star.

You were confused because he is listed in the database 3 times. In his third evaluation he was never a 5 star, mostly because he wasn't even playing football that year.

You want a refund?    :dunno:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

This is patently false.

haha i did the same thing...

This is patently false.

You were confused because he is listed in the database 3 times. In his third evaluation he was never a 5 star, mostly because he wasn't even playing football that year.

I KNOW WHAT I SAW WITH MY OWN EYES.  

He was shown as a 5 star at the time it was announced, and an hour or so later they changed it.

It wouldn't be nearly as excited if ST didn't give us the big heads up.

War Eagle ST....we are all thankful for all the hardwork you do.

This is patently false.

He was shown as a 5 star at the time it was announced, and an hour or so later they changed it.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results?year=&sport_id=1&sport=football&keywords=DeAngelo+Benton

He was originally mistakenly listed with the second evaluation. It was changed to the third.

Ugh!!!! :banghead:

lol,.. I can assure you from being around here for a long time, that this is not this man's M.O. (post something just to tease, that is)... if he says something like this,.. I can assure you there is a reason. It may or may not come to fruition, but he's not claiming that it's a done deal yet. Just hang on tight,...

This is patently false.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results?year=&sport_id=1&sport=football&keywords=DeAngelo+Benton

He was originally mistakenly listed with the second evaluation. It was changed to the third.

I KNOW WHAT I SAW ... WITH MY OWN EYES!!!!!!!

Skeeter, just FYI, calling out ST's methods is a good way to ensure that you will be reading about the recruit on another website. Just sayin

I saw it to. Maybe there was an error in their DB or something, but they didn't notice it until after he had signed with us. He was a five star until then, and they changed it a day or two later. I seem to remember them saying that there had been a mistake, but it was still a little fishy.

And for Gods sake, will you 2 quit arguing over what Benton's *rating was. First that was 2 years ago and it has nothing to do with this thread. Thanks guys

Me too.  It happened.

This is patently false.

Yes...it happened and don't let anybody tell you different.

And for Gods sake, will you 2 quit arguing over what Benton's *rating was. First that was 2 years ago and it has nothing to do with this thread. Thanks guys

Sorry.    :-X

So let me ask. Can YOU tell us the big news?   ;D

Ok, maybe off topic but I want the person who started this thread because I was just called out in a PM that I was disrespectful to you and that I should be careful and mind my manners. No one loves AU more than I do, but if I you don't want me on this site then I will quietly leave the site. Having said that I am not going to be bullied or coerced into conforming to a certain posture if I am not violating written policy.

Respectfully

Sorry.    :-X

So let me ask. Can YOU tell us the big news?   ;D

There is a big difference between can and will  ;D  This thread has definitely kept me entertained

Ok, maybe off topic but I want the person who started this thread because I was just called out in a PM that I was disrespectful to you and that I should be careful and mind my manners. No one loves AU more than I do, but if I you don't want me on this site then I will quietly leave the site. Having said that I am not going to be bullied or coerced into conforming to a certain posture if I am not violating written policy.

Respectfully

It's an unwritten rule that you don't question the godfather of AE ( ST ).  We come here for free, we mod for free and we give recruiting updates for free. He busts his tail for all of us this time of year and calling out his ways will get backlash your way by more than one

Respectfully

You do know that "the person who started this thread" is "the owner of this site", right?

Respectfully

Skeeter, I am assuming you are either a bama fan, from rivals, scout or 247.  Welcome to auburneagle.  Couple of things you should know when at AE.  You can say what you want as long as you do not disrespect the fellow posters and do not talk bad about recruits.  When ST says something you should not call him out on it.  He is the man on this site.  If you do not like the way he started this thread then either do not read it or leave.  AE was great before you and will be great without you.  If you are as die hard about Auburn as you say you are then I hope to see you around.  Stay positive and don't forget it's great to be an Auburn Tiger!

Archived