Updated: 3:50 1-20-11 Potential earth shattering recruiting news........

AUSportTalk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be extremely sweet, but ST said quite a few pages back that Westerman was not part of this. IMO "earth shattering" has to be in regards to our most hated rival getting backhanded by our staff. I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time, but all signs point to "those people" who keep Jordan-Hare West all tidy for us.

Westerman isn't the only recruit that commited to Texas that Auburn talked to earlier.  I seem to remember a pretty decent RB and a pretty decent LB that we've talked to.  I'm not saying these are the recruits (or that I think it's one of them).  Just throwing a few suggestions out there to fan the flames.   :P

That would be extremely sweet, but ST said quite a few pages back that Westerman was not part of this. IMO "earth shattering" has to be in regards to our most hated rival getting backhanded by our staff. I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time, but all signs point to "those people" who keep Jordan-Hare West all tidy for us.

ST also said "they" before he reposted that he meant "he", which leads me to believe the "he" is RB M. Brown to pair with Westerman to form "they" in his original post.   :dunno:

I hear you fellas, but my personality won't allow me to bow to anyone but the Big Man! I'm outta here. Have fun and see you in Auburn on game day!

Don't let the door hit you ............ >:(

This isn't the way family should welcome another member.  He's been a member for less than a day, so he doesn't know what AE is about or what makes this place so great.  So, let's all take a step back and reevaluate the way we treat our new family members.  Let's show them what makes AuburnEagle so special...our members and the family we are and strive to be.

Shug, not calling you out specifically, my apologies if it seemed that way.

Well said bird.  We need to all remember that football is one of the most contentious subjects in the south and people take it as seriously as politics and in some instances religion (unfortunately) so just because a new member comes on and gets his feathers ruffled early on doesn't mean he won't have a lot to contribute later. So let's all just try to remain as civil as possible.

Ok, maybe off topic but I want the person who started this thread because I was just called out in a PM that I was disrespectful to you and that I should be careful and mind my hmanners. No one loves AU more than I do, but if I you don't want me on this site then I will quietly leave the site. Having said that I am not going to be bullied or coerced into conforming to a certain posture if I am not violating written policy.

Respectfully

Only three posts in and already calling the father of AE out? So unwise.  >:(

Skeeter, couple of other people you shouldn't question...

Big Bird

DJ

The Mayor

AUQBDad = Frazier's dad

AUGolf

TungstenGT,

Ummm.... I'd like to add our Supermod, Jackson-Sullivan. And even rednilla

Sorry guys...knew I would forget someone.   Cannot believe it was JS and Red!

I know Westerman isn't thought to be the earth shattering recruit, but the Texas scout affiliate has sources saying that Westerman will switch to Auburn. Sorry if yall already knew this, but I thought it was interesting that the Texas site is reporting it.

Guest shirley4au9

This is my first day here and I don't care anything about being Bobby from Homewood or Charles from Realtown.  A friend told me this was site to get the scoop.   Keeping my eyes glued to this thread because I want to know all the news as soon as possible.  War Eagle, ya'll.

You friend was very right. welcome.

^^^^This^^^^

I hear you fellas, but my personality won't allow me to bow to anyone but the Big Man! I'm outta here. Have fun and see you in Auburn on game day!

K sorry you leaving already a lot of posters just take pride in the site and we all are grateful for a free site and ST and others providing info. Guess we all get a lil protective of him. If you give it all a chance you will catch on. WDE!!!

Im starting to believe its Malcom Brown also. At first i thought it was Ha/Haha.

That would be pretty dang sweet. I haven't even taken the time to look at his highlight reel. I'd bet it's pretty nice though.

It sounds as if your personality won't allow you to fit here. Try AOL.

AOL = Auburn On Line? What's their You-Are-ELL?

Im starting to believe its Malcom Brown also. At first i thought it was Ha/Haha.

That would make sense for the delay from 24-48 hrs till NSD.  The instate pressure on a guy in texas spurning texas would be huge.

If I had to guess...the Bammer commits won't be coming.  From a need basis, I think the ones ST mentions in his most recent Countdown are in the fold.  He mentions a surprise recruit, that's singular.  Someone earlier in the thread referenced a Texas running back.  I think that might be worth exploring further.

If it was Malcolm Brown I'd:

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Texas could be considered a rival...they kept stealing coaches from us (Chizik, Muschamp) and tried to do it again (Grimes).

I still think it might be Clowney. He himself (as far as I've seen) has never tipped his hand too much; I think USCe was mentioned because of in-state pull (plus who can resist Spurrier's moves?) and Failabama because...why wouldn't they, honestly?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Clowney fits because he's the no. 1 recruit and we haven't heard much about him. But he's probably the only I would think of as earth-shattering who is not yet committed anywhere.

EDIT:  Was there a requirement that it would piss off a rival?

How would getting brown piss off  bama fans?

They thought he would commit to them before he committed to texas.  Also auburn doing well in anything including tiddlywinks or jacks would tick off the bammers.

How would getting brown piss off  bama fans?

They thought he would commit to them before he committed to texas.  Also auburn doing well in anything including tiddlywinks or jacks would tick off the bammers.

You can't say that word.  It's NAUGHTY!

Archived