Updated: 3:50 1-20-11 Potential earth shattering recruiting news........

AUSportTalk

If not Brown and Clowney then it would almost have to be someone already committed to Bammer.  And it would make sense if it were at a need position...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's still a little iffy but leaning more in our favor by the minute...

Blindside another school???

It'll be like hittin' 'em in the back of the neck with a ball-bat!! :)

I still lean to the thought that it's somebody commited to uat or that uat is sure they have locked up.

From what others have posted,

Ray Drew was quoted giving Lemay, the QB @ UGA, a hard time...

Something to the effect that Drew "and the other DE", from the team he is commiting to, were going to essentially eat Lemay's lunch...

I noticed his wording was inclusive of another DE first time I heard this...

Do we get another big time DE commit as well as Drew????

Haha it is incredible how worked up well get over the decisions of 17 and 18 year old kids, some who can't even grow facial hair yet. Not pointing fingers at anyone because I'm the same way, but when you think about it, it is quite a lot we put into what decisions these kids make.

On another note, everybody said we would only get recruits last year because we could promise playing time. Now I know some of last year's recruits can step up and start this next year, but it seems like we can offer some playing time at quite a few positions this year, which should help us again.

Ok I'm going to go ahead and say who it is.  It is Bo Jackson the 1987 version.  I have finally perfected the bionic hip and the US patent office was a little slow in granting me my rights which is why ST had to move back the announce time.  I worked out all the kinks from Chris Todd's bionic shoulder from last year.  Everything was going well until the UT game where in the overuse of the device waving goodbye to Mrs. lane kiffin and the high levels of tobacco juice in the air fried some internal components.  The NCAA has decided to allow a test period of four years and on a side note.  Brian Bosworth has been granted extended eligibility and will walk on at auburn as a tackling dummy to insure the device is working at its full loud mouth stomping abilities.

This has nothing to do with recruiting but will give you something to occupy your time for a minute or two while we wait for the news to drop.

This year we will experience 4 unusual dates.... 1/1/11, 1/11/11, 11/1/11, 11/11/11 ..... NOW go figure this out.... take the last 2 digits of the year you were born plus the age you will be this year and it WILL EQUAL .. 111! CRAZY

Try it. It works for everybody.

Haha it is incredible how worked up well get over the decisions of 17 and 18 year old kids, some who can't even grow facial hair yet. Not pointing fingers at anyone because I'm the same way, but when you think about it, it is quite a lot we put into what decisions these kids make.

On another note, everybody said we would only get recruits last year because we could promise playing time. Now I know some of last year's recruits can step up and start this next year, but it seems like we can offer some playing time at quite a few positions this year, which should help us again.

^ I love recruiting but this is true.

Offense is good with the exception of bringing in elite OL prospects to groom for eventual domination and maybe someone to replace Adams.

Defense...linebacker depth b/c of the injury bug that always seems to hit them, D-line for some scary guys (especially DT, though Drew/Clowney would be awesome to have), and maybe shore up the secondary more. Basically, whoever we need on our big D. Hope it gets bigger!

:wareagle:

I'm thinking it has to be HCD.  He commited last April and things have changed quite a bit since then.  Earth shattering would almost certainly have to be a 5 star.  He and DH are the only 5 stars currently committed to the turds according to Rivals.  Scout has DePriest as a 5 star but I don't think his commitment would be earth shattering.  J Lee has Clowney as a long shot on his latest hotboard released tonight for whatever that's worth.

This has nothing to do with recruiting but will give you something to occupy your time for a minute or two while we wait for the news to drop.

This year we will experience 4 unusual dates.... 1/1/11, 1/11/11, 11/1/11, 11/11/11 ..... NOW go figure this out.... take the last 2 digits of the year you were born plus the age you will be this year and it WILL EQUAL .. 111! CRAZY

I saw that and retweeted it, pretty crazy stuff

It also works if you take this year, and subtract how old you are...you get the year you were born.

Amazing!  It works for everyone!

;D

Unless you were born after 1999.

:)

It also works if you take this year, and subtract how old you are...you get the year you were born.

;D

What makes this crazy it all the 1s.

I'm thinking it has to be HCD.  He commited last April and things have changed quite a bit since then.  Earth shattering would almost certainly have to be a 5 star.  He and DH are the only 5 stars currently committed to the turds according to Rivals.  Scout has DePriest as a 5 star but I don't think his commitment would be earth shattering.  J Lee has Clowney as a long shot on his latest hotboard released tonight for whatever that's worth.

HCD could be the big-time visit that needs to go well. Hart was very high on us at one point and almost pulled the trigger after a visit in the Fall. It could be that the coaches kept in contact with Hart and he finally started talking HCD into taking a visit with him.

that would still work. if u were born in 2000 you would be 11. 00+11=11, 01+10=11,etc.

;D

Not for this lady  http://jacksonvilleprogress.com/local/x2131357694/Ten-to-Remember-No-4-Sanborn-named-world-s-oldest-living-person

;D

What makes this crazy it all the 1s.

Why would that be crazy if we are presently in the year '11?

:dunno:

(by the way, mine works even if you were born after 1999)   ;D

that would still work. if u were born in 2000 you would be 11. 00+11=11, 01+10=11,etc.

Ok, I got ya.  But the OP on it said 111.  I was just trying to be clever too.

Who dat?

The picture in reply #1044 is

Greg Smith - Juco DT that we recruited in 2006.  To my knowledge he, like Raven Grey, never actually made it to campus

Archived