coaching. Future.

guerra aguila

:believe:I hear Varez Ward looks sensational in practice.  We know what Frankie can do.  I do love Josh Wallace though.  He is at Auburn on an academic scholarship in engineering and 5'10" and is a starting point guard in the Sec.  I have heard several of the coaches speak and they are very confident that Coach Barbee can do here what he did at UTEP.  They all seem to love living in Auburn, a great place to raise a family.  Can you imagine moving from El Paso where there are shootings and drug wars to a place like Auburn.  They love football and loved the football season too.  I am highly optimistic about the direction of our program.  Next year will be much better and our arena will be a tough place to play for our oponents.

:believe:I hear Varez Ward looks sensational in practice.  We know what Frankie can do.  I do love Josh Wallace though.  He is at Auburn on an academic scholarship in engineering and 5'10" and is a starting point guard in the Sec.  I have heard several of the coaches speak and they are very confident that Coach Barbee can do here what he did at UTEP.  They all seem to love living in Auburn, a great place to raise a family.  Can you imagine moving from El Paso where there are shootings and drug wars to a place like Auburn.  They love football and loved the football season too.  I am highly optimistic about the direction of our program.  Next year will be much better and our arena will be a tough place to play for our oponents.

^^This^^

I have heard in 3 or 4 interviews with either current or past great coaches on the subject of Barbee.  The general consensus is that you can not look at this year as to what he can do, (though I think what he is doing is nothing short of miraculous.)  They all say that he is hampered with a line up that would rarely get off the bench on any other school's line up.  They say that once he gets his players in here that he is recruiting, and proven he can recruit, that he will have Auburn at the top of the SEC each year.  I can not remember all of the coaches that have had this same opinion, but I do remember that one was Sonny Smith, and another was that former UA coach, who is on Finebaum all the time, (Not Wimp).

I think the future looks extremely bright.

:wedance:

I have heard in 3 or 4 interviews with either current or past great coaches on the subject of Barbee.  The general consensus is that you can not look at this year as to what he can do, (though I think what he is doing is nothing short of miraculous.)   They all say that he is hampered with a line up that would rarely get off the bench on any other school's line up.   They say that once he gets his players in here that he is recruiting, and proven he can recruit, that he will have Auburn at the top of the SEC each year.   I can not remember all of the coaches that have had this same opinion, but I do remember that one was Sonny Smith, and another was that former UA coach, who is on Finebaum all the time, (Not Wimp).

You are probably talking about C. M. Newton.

Why has there been such conflict between Barbee and compliance? Is it because a couple players didn't make it into school? I know someone stuck a really dumb clause into the language of his contract. When I say dumb, I mean really dumb. The way it read in the contract it sounded like AU didn't trust Barbee because of his Cailpari connection, and the clause was a CYA clause. What a really stupid way to start a relationship than by telling your new employee in writing that you don't trust him. AU eventually took it out of the contract, but the damage was already done.

I was wondering what this was about and glad to know. Auburn's compliance department is tough and I am sure it has kept us out of potential problems. I would not want Barbee to be insulted, but Auburn would have to make it clear that some of Calipari's plan-o-gram can't be used in Auburn. I want our program to turn the corner, but don't want to be in TN's shoes with the NCAA.

War Eagle ! 

I have heard in 3 or 4 interviews with either current or past great coaches on the subject of Barbee.  The general consensus is that you can not look at this year as to what he can do, (though I think what he is doing is nothing short of miraculous.)   They all say that he is hampered with a line up that would rarely get off the bench on any other school's line up.   They say that once he gets his players in here that he is recruiting, and proven he can recruit, that he will have Auburn at the top of the SEC each year.   I can not remember all of the coaches that have had this same opinion, but I do remember that one was Sonny Smith, and another was that former UA coach, who is on Finebaum all the time, (Not Wimp).

You are probably talking about C. M. Newton.

Yes, thank you.

I could not for the life of me think of his name as I was typing that.

:-[

Archived