coaching. Future.

guerra aguila

Barbee showed tonight that his coaching is starting to make a difference with this basketball team.

Auburn is undersized and out manned in every game, but they continue to scrap and claw through every minute knowing that they are the lesser team.

If we can beat FSU who beat Duke, and take Florida to the limit and lose by 5?

Whats going to happen when Auburn can add some talent to the roster?- Combined with intelligent coaching?

The Arena looked great tonight on TV, I could not make it to the game but the crowd can certainly get loud when it wants to.

Im ALL IN for all Auburn sports and I cant wait for the future of Auburn basketball.

Hang in there guys... the best has yet to come.

After being a football season ticket holder for years, I went to my first basketball game this year followed by my second.  Smaller crowd but loud - that's a truth.  We won at my first (overtime) but I felt proud watching them play a good FL team even though they lost.  I also noticed that I didn't feel the loss as bad (I hate losing) because I know that there is a bright future for basketball at Auburn.

Shoot it's a whole lot easier to get parking, get something to eat and to go to the bathroom in the Arena than JH.  My wife and I are now thinking on just starting to be hardcore to both programs. 

After being a football season ticket holder for years, I went to my first basketball game this year followed by my second.  Smaller crowd but loud - that's a truth.  We won at my first (overtime) but I felt proud watching them play a good FL team even though they lost.  I also noticed that I didn't feel the loss as bad (I hate losing) because I know that there is a bright future for basketball at Auburn.

Shoot it's a whole lot easier to get parking, get something to eat and to go to the bathroom in the Arena than JH.  My wife and I are now thinking on just starting to be hardcore to both programs.   

indeed be hardcore... Auburns future in all athletics will be great.

Next year's team is going to be sick!  We just have to get through this year's foundation building, and we will be on the right track.  From what I have heard, that transfer from Clemson is a Chris Porter-type player.  I can not wait to see him in Barbee's offense.  Barbee's recruiting has been nothing short of impressive.  We will take some lumps this year, but the program was left in shambles by Looser Lebo.

I see great things ahead for the AU BB team.  This time next year, we will be fast on our way to the NCAA's.

:wedance:

Finebaum just stated on the news Channel 6 B'ham that coach Barbee has not signed his contract as yet. Is this true? Are we in danger of him not signing? We sure want to keep him!

There has been loads of friction between Barbee and our compliance people basically from day one.  It wasn't looking good at all until last week.  Some things happened that really have a lot of folks resting a lot easier.  It had gotten to the point where I was expecting him to be gone on his first ticket out of town.  It seems as though cooler heads have prevailed and there's been some compromising on both ends. 

Why has there been such conflict between Barbee and compliance? Is it because a couple players didn't make it into school? I know someone stuck a really dumb clause into the language of his contract. When I say dumb, I mean really dumb. The way it read in the contract it sounded like AU didn't trust Barbee because of his Cailpari connection, and the clause was a CYA clause. What a really stupid way to start a relationship than by telling your new employee in writing that you don't trust him. AU eventually took it out of the contract, but the damage was already done.

Why has there been such conflict between Barbee and compliance? Is it because a couple players didn't make it into school? I know someone stuck a really dumb clause into the language of his contract. When I say dumb, I mean really dumb. The way it read in the contract it sounded like AU didn't trust Barbee because of his Cailpari connection, and the clause was a CYA clause. What a really stupid way to start a relationship than by telling your new employee in writing that you don't trust him. AU eventually took it out of the contract, but the damage was already done.

Barbee is not the only AU coach that has had that clause. The whole football staff did early on but I`m reasonably sure it is gone from there now too. Didn`t have anything to do with Calipari. It was dumb and was removed.

Sorry if there is an obvious answer to my question, but in all honesty I haven't followed basketball as much as I do football.

What do you guys think of the long term health of the program with Barbee in place? Just at first glance it seems like he recruits really well, and has coached a team of guys that aren't necessarily all-world athletes into a cohesive team that can sneak up on a few people (a la FSU, almost UF). So in the near future I could see us making some noise in the NIT, and hopefully a run at the SEC championship and an NCAA tourney bid in a few years.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Sorry if there is an obvious answer to my question, but in all honesty I haven't followed basketball as much as I do football.

What do you guys think of the long term health of the program with Barbee in place? Just at first glance it seems like he recruits really well, and has coached a team of guys that aren't necessarily all-world athletes into a cohesive team that can sneak up on a few people (a la FSU, almost UF). So in the near future I could see us making some noise in the NIT, and hopefully a run at the SEC championship and an NCAA tourney bid in a few years.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I think with Barbee in place our long term health is good.

Agree that Barbie has the team on the right track. Cannot blame him at all.. Lebo left him little to nothing to work with.

With Frankie Sullivan out for the year, these underclassmen have their hands full, but they are giving it their all, which is encouraging.

Those kids scraped and clawed last night against a much bigger UT team.

Auburn athletically is as good as anybody in the country, when Lebo upgrades the size down low... Auburn will be a force.

When you consider the fact that next year we will have Ward, Sullivan, and top recruits like Willy Kouassi and Bernard Morena among others you have to be excited. The best thing about this year is the fact that the guys playing are getting valuable experience playing against teams like Tennessee and will help the incoming guys provide a nice depth chart next year. 

When you consider the fact that next year we will have Ward, Sullivan, and top recruits like Willy Kouassi and Bernard Morena among others you have to be excited. The best thing about this year is the fact that the guys playing are getting valuable experience playing against teams like Tennessee and will help the incoming guys provide a nice depth chart next year. 

I completely agree. All five starters return next year... a couple of positions will be reshuffled because a couple of them arent true starters, IMO they would provide better backup relief.

Payne, Langford and Gabriel have bright futures.

Those kids scraped and clawed last night against a much bigger UT team.

Auburn athletically is as good as anybody in the country, when Lebo upgrades the size down low... Auburn will be a force.

:dunno:

Barbee showed tonight that his coaching is starting to make a difference with this basketball team.

Auburn is undersized and out manned in every game, but they continue to scrap and claw through every minute knowing that they are the lesser team.

If we can beat FSU who beat Duke, and take Florida to the limit and lose by 5?

Whats going to happen when Auburn can add some talent to the roster?- Combined with intelligent coaching?

The Arena looked great tonight on TV, I could not make it to the game but the crowd can certainly get loud when it wants to.

I got to agree with you, but damn if I did not think the same things about Lebo.

Im ALL IN for all Auburn sports and I cant wait for the future of Auburn basketball.

Hang in there guys... the best has yet to come.

Archived