Jermaine Whitehead

TROOPERSTROOPS

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said we were recruiting him as a DB who can play a little offense.

That statement can be taken a number of ways...

He said in the Wildcat:

"They want me to be that guy who comes in and locks everything down and make the next championship run easier. They want to give me some Wildcat and some chances with the ball on offense also," he said.

He said in the Wildcat:

"They want me to be that guy who comes in and locks everything down and make the next championship run easier. They want to give me some Wildcat and some chances with the ball on offense also," he said.

Could you post that article please? His recruitment reminds me a lot of Emory Blake and they're also very similar in talent and could be used a lot in the same way. Does anyone remember Emory Blake talking about being used in the Wildcat when he was recruited? Could you envision Blake running the Wildcat? I can't but he is a WR in the package set. Wildcat is a term that our staff uses because it is the trendy offense right now so it catches the recruits attention. He necessarily wouldn't be the man running the Wildcat but he would have an opportunity at his position(WR), to get the ball in his hands and make some plays out of that particular package, among others.

Unless something has changed very recently, we've been selling JW on the chance of playing WR and our staff, especially Coach Troop, thinks JW would excel at that position if he wanted to give it a shot. I was more or less sharing that with all the ones that thought, JW is MR's backup plan or that we wouldn't take JW without losing out on MR first because of playing the same position, which isn't necessarily the case here.

Shoot, I'll take him. I just am worrying about our position on if we'll have room for certain recruits.

Its looking like we'll be signing 28 in this class...

Shoot, I'll take him. I just am worrying about our position on if we'll have room for certain recruits.

Yes. 

He said in the Wildcat:

Could you post that article please? His recruitment reminds me a lot of Emory Blake and they're also very similar in talent and could be used a lot in the same way. Does anyone remember Emory Blake talking about being used in the Wildcat when he was recruited? Could you envision Blake running the Wildcat? I can't but he is a WR in the package set. Wildcat is a term that our staff uses because it is the trendy offense right now so it catches the recruits attention. He necessarily wouldn't be the man running the Wildcat but he would have an opportunity at his position(WR), to get the ball in his hands and make some plays out of that particular package, among others.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/01/four-star_cornerback_jermaine.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Yes. 

Were not counting Coleman in the 28, right?

If so,we have 22 commits right now,which means we will close with 6 guys on NSD.

1.Florence  2. Wright  3.Roberson 4.Whitehead(these four looking good)

5.BUG C    6.Collins???  (these two would be EARTH SHAKING!)

Yes. 

Were not counting Coleman in the 28, right?

If so,we have 22 commits right now,which means we will close with 6 guys on NSD.

1.Florence  2. Wright  3.Roberson 4.Whitehead(these four looking good)

5.BUG C    6.Collins???  (these two would be EARTH SHAKING!)

Definately earth shattering.

Didn't we bring in the #1 rated OL class last year?

yup

Yes on signing day of last year but not everyone in that OL class is still on the team...so that is a little skewed in retrospect.

yup

Yes on signing day of last year but not everyone in that OL class is still on the team...so that is a little skewed in retrospect.

:laugh: :laugh: :party:

yup

Who besides Shon is not on the team? I don't even remember who all we signed last year to tell you the truth. I suffer from memory loss at times.

yup

Who besides Shon is not on the team? I don't even remember who all we signed last year to tell you the truth. I suffer from memory loss at times.

Gayden

yup

Royzell Gayden, which was our 2nd highest ranked OL commit behind Shon...

yup

Gayden

ahhhh yes. Forgot about him. Thanks for that info!

yup

Gayden

You might of loss Gayden and Shon didn't make it but Mosely wasn't even considered in with the oline guys

yup

Gayden

You might of loss Gayden and Shon didn't make it but Mosely wasn't even considered in with the oline guys

Yea, and he turned out alright.  :thumbsup:

Guys, I am glad we may potentially receive a committment from JW.  He seems to be a kid with a good head on his shoulders and has great athleticism.  I read and saw on rivals where the scouts/analysts thought Whitehead was the 5th of the top five corners in this class.  They mentioned JW doing everything with effortless athleticism.  That's a good compliment if I have ever heard of one.  I would be excited if AU signed him!!!

Archived