Jermaine Whitehead

TROOPERSTROOPS

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there is room for Whitehead, Florence and Roberson. Probably will be two of those three unless someone has grade issues.

That's exactly what I was thinking.  Wonder if we got the word from Roberson this weekend that he's going in another direction. 

That was my first thought. 

I don't agree here. Whitehead was brought in regardless of whether Roberson was coming or not, if Roberson IS going elsewhere we will sign Whitehead.

Do you think it's possible that 1 or 2 recruits that had scholarship offers could "walk on" to free up spots and then take scholarships their sophomore year?  Just tossing up ways we could sign more than 25 without any non-qualifiers.

Trust the coaches!

WAR EAGLE!

Do you think it's possible that 1 or 2 recruits that had scholarship offers could "walk on" to free up spots and then take scholarships their sophomore year?  Just tossing up ways we could sign more than 25 without any non-qualifiers.

Trust the coaches!

WAR EAGLE!

I think we could possibly have 1-3 non-qualifiers, so I don't think we'll have to worry about greyshirts besides that kicker, Ellis

This is shaping up to be a soap opera finish to the end of our recruiting year. I think I have aged 10 years from all the ups and downs from the football season and also from recruiting.

This is shaping up to be a soap opera finish to the end of our recruiting year. I think I have aged 10 years from all the ups and downs from the football season and also from recruiting.

Same here! It might not be good for my health to follow recruiting. Too bad it's too late, I'm addicted. I guess I'm a glutten for punishment.

JW was no longer committed to MSU before this weekend and many people thought Ole Miss had surged into the lead for his signature, since he visited Ole Miss recently, loved it and MSU's class is basically falling apart. As far as we're concerned, IMO, JW isn't a back up plan for Roberson. Our staff feels great about Roberson and our staff is recruiting Whitehead to give him an opportunity to play WR. I'm not going to explain any further out of respect for our mods, but it could mean one of our WR commits may have some grade issues and the staff is covering their bases. Whether we'll have room or not is the question. For JW, it will come down to playing DB for Ole Miss or starting out at WR for us.

The Whitehead story may mean that the coaches are confident that there will be some 'sing and place' guys who are currently onboard.

Will they be placed in the choir based on vocal part? Hope we don't lose any baritones, we're thin at that spot.

JW was no longer committed to MSU before this weekend and many people thought Ole Miss had surged into the lead for his signature, since he visited Ole Miss recently, loved it and MSU's class is basically falling apart. As far as we're concerned, IMO, JW isn't a back up plan for Roberson. Our staff feels great about Roberson and our staff is recruiting Whitehead to give him an opportunity to play WR. I'm not going to explain any further out of respect for our mods, but it could mean one of our WR commits may have some grade issues and the staff is covering their bases. Whether we'll have room or not is the question. For JW, it will come down to playing DB for Ole Miss or starting out at WR for us.

^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^^^

Getting Roberson AND Whitehead can't happen.

Whitehead is our backup plan to MR.

How do you know this can't happen? Have the coaches told you this was impossible. Pretty bold statement if you have no credible source.

I dont think we will land Collins but if there was a spot for him like everyone said, then why cant Whitehead fill that spot? I mean if there is an extra spot worked out then its there.

Archived