ALL THINGS Cyrus...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering people are saying it could be Friday at the earliest and Iowa has been added back into the mix, I'm dropping the whole will he or won't he keeping up with this situation. If he signs, great, if he doesn't, great, as long as he does what he wants. Me, on the other hand, have things to do lol

Maybe this is an incorrect assumption, but I would assume that if they can afford to send their son to a private school, they could also afford to take a trip to the Lovely Village? This is a HUGE decision, and I'd do anything to be with my son on those five OV's.

He's most likely on scholarship btw..but I see what you mean

Tidesports.com = greatest unbiased purveyor of all things true known to mankind, especially concerning AU issues...

Be comforted...

I've been thinking about posting this since yesterday afternoon, and I finally decided to post it.  Flame if you must.  

Auburn Family. . . I know this applies to very few of you.  However, to do those who have done so, please stop making negative comments about the Kouandjio family, assuming that you know what they are or are not thinking.  His father has been clear in his comments that it is Cyrus's decision, and they are helping him to sort things out.  All of his comments suggest that he cares deeply about his son's welfare but wants his son to make the decision.  None of us know the man, and we have no reason to doubt his word at this point.   Cyrus has made it clear in his comments that he was not 100% sure just after he made the announcement.  There is no reason to assume anything nefarious is going on within the Kouandjio family.  

We would all love for Cyrus to sign the letter of intent with Auburn.  However, it is much important to him than us.  The choice for college is a major one, especially for someone who could be a millionaire in a few years.  The media scrutiny has been more intense than ever in recruiting in general and on Cyrus in particular.  Cyrus is more than a number of stars; more than an ESPN ranking; and more than his weight, height, and 40 time.  He is a young man who is trying to make the most important decision of his young life, choosing where he his new home will be, far away from his parents for the first time.

Please try to keep some perspective in all of this and remember that this family is not trying to torture us or harm our recruiting class.  The Kouandjios are trying to help Cyrus make this extremely important decision.  Auburn University and the football program will flourish with or without him.  

Just thinking how I would work it out if I had sons playing at Au and Bama.  If I was going to go to say five games, I would split them up and go tp 2 Au, 2 Bama, and then the final at the Iron Bowl where I would wear a split jersey or have the wife with one and me with the other.  If I was staying the weekend for each game, I would be close enough to visit both sons on all five visits.  If money is no object, all bets are off-rent a house during football season or fly to all games.  There...problem solved.  CK can now sign his LOI...let me know if I can help further.  :tdau:

One thing I really like that has not been brought up in this thread is Cyrus's  high school coach wants Cyrus to talk to the Auburn coaches today around noon so Cyrus can tell the coaches what he is thinking, what is happening, and if he changes his mind on schools that Cyrus should tell auburn's coaches first...To me it sounds like the coach wants Cyrus to honor his commitment to Auburn so Cyrus and the high school does not look bad. It makes me feel pretty good actually.

One thing I really like that has not been brought up in this thread is Cyrus's  high school coach wants Cyrus to talk to the Auburn coaches today around noon so Cyrus can tell the coaches what he is thinking, what is happening, and if he changes his mind on schools that Cyrus should tell auburn's coaches first...To me it sounds like the coach wants Cyrus to honor his commitment to Auburn so Cyrus and the high school does not look bad. It makes me feel pretty good actually.

^^^^This.  I agree.

I've been thinking about posting this since yesterday afternoon, and I finally decided to post it.  Flame if you must.  

Auburn Family. . . I know this applies to very few of you.  However, to do those who have done so, please stop making negative comments about the Kouandjio family, assuming that you know what they are or are not thinking.  His father has been clear in his comments that it is Cyrus's decision, and they are helping him to sort things out.  All of his comments suggest that he cares deeply about his son's welfare but wants his son to make the decision.  None of us know the man, and we have no reason to doubt his word at this point.   Cyrus has made it clear in his comments that he was not 100% sure just after he made the announcement.  There is no reason to assume anything nefarious is going on within the Kouandjio family.  

We would all love for Cyrus to sign the letter of intent with Auburn.  However, it is much important to him than us.  The choice for college is a major one, especially for someone who could be a millionaire in a few years.  The media scrutiny has been more intense than ever in recruiting in general and on Cyrus in particular.  Cyrus is more than a number of stars; more than an ESPN ranking; and more than his weight, height, and 40 time.  He is a young man who is trying to make the most important decision of his young life, choosing where he his new home will be, far away from his parents for the first time.

Please try to keep some perspective in all of this and remember that this family is not trying to torture us or harm our recruiting class.  The Kouandjios are trying to help Cyrus make this extremely important decision.  Auburn University and the football program will flourish with or without him.  

I'm surprised you didn't ask for a group hug after that.  geesh.

I don't know his coach, but from his words, I think he only wants what is best for Cyrus.  And, I think he wants Cyrus to make his own decision.  I think his coach is a very good and wise man.

I know this probably won't go over well with everyone. I just don't think it looks good if a kid commits somewhere on national singing day and then doesn't end up going to school there. I can't see how there is a positive spin there. I'm not insulting anyone, it just doesn't look good to me.

The thing i just don't understand is how this young man made a big decision without telling his parents first.  If what his dad is saying is true and they didn't expect CK to pick AU and that they don't know the coaches very well, then why haven't they had a sit down discussion before now on where their son wanted to go?  As a parent I would have already had an in depth discussion with my child and would not have been in shock over his announcement.  I guess the timing of all of this just doesn't make sence to me.  I do wish him luck where ever he decides to go.  War Eagle!

I don't know his coach, but from his words, I think he only wants what is best for Cyrus.  And, I think he wants Cyrus to make his own decision.  I think his coach is a very good and wise man.

Not like that guy from Dr. Phillips.  :devil::banghead:

I know this probably won't go over well with everyone. I just don't think it looks good if a kid commits somewhere on national singing day and then doesn't end up going to school there. I can't see how there is a positive spin there. I'm not insulting anyone, it just doesn't look good to me.

Neither does shiny black leather jackets with jeans and dress shoes, but it works for some people.  :cool:

This is exactly why I think his coach is keeping Auburn's coaches more in the loop than bama's coaches. He wants to give Cyrus every opportunity to honor his commitment.

What is sad is the amount of posts on this poor kids facebook wall.  Jeez!

I agree

it is no ones business other than Cyrus and his family. its a pathetic attempt to get involved, and in my opinion, its disgusting.

To me it just sounds like the coach wants to be decent and fair.  It just sounds like he wants Cyrus to honor his commitment because we are comparing him to the majority of the coaching staffs in Alabama.

As a father of four, all I can do is hope this young man makes the best decision for himself and his family.  I do not know his family's "situation".  However, I know that this is a lot of pressure on these young men.  I do not envy them one iota.  Think of the pressures we have as adults and then put that on a kid.  Good luck and God's speed ck.

Archived