ALL THINGS Cyrus...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is announcing again

WNSP Morning Sports Center (105.5 FM, Mobile, Alabama) reports that a decision has been made and will be announced at 11:00 am today.

Not sure why you re-announce if you are going to Auburn?

Where did WNSP get this info?  Nobody else seems to have that info?? 

I hope the longer it takes it means good for AU.

There was a rumor that he was announcing today I cannot confirm, but I now think the rumor is false.

That report out of Mobile appears erroneous based on the latest quotes from the dad indicating that the decision would be tomorrow at the earliest.

I don't have a subscription but this is what kolumbo said about the article (in summary)

[03-02, 12:00] kkolumbo:  only spoke to Sunseri once....but has spoken to Thig, Roof, and Chizik several times  

[03-02, 11:59] kkolumbo:  basically his coach is making sure Auburn gets the most contact b/c he feels that cyrus owes the AU coaches that since he committed to them

I don't have a subscription but this is what kolumbo said about the article (in summary)

[03-02, 12:00] kkolumbo:  only spoke to Sunseri once....but has spoken to Thig, Roof, and Chizik several times  

[03-02, 11:59] kkolumbo:  basically his coach is making sure Auburn gets the most contact b/c he feels that cyrus owes the AU coaches that since he committed to them

thanks, hopefully the coaches are talking to the parents too

I hope the longer it takes it means good for AU.

There was a rumor that he was announcing today I cannot confirm, but I now think the rumor is false.

If dad says they don`t know much about Auburn, get in the car and go check it out. Give your son a fair shake on this. I`m sure you did for Arie.

As is usually the case, the situation is fluid.  I am hearing good things, though, regarding our chances to hold on to Cyrus at this particular time.  'Not sure if we'll hear anything today or not.

Thank you J-S! 

(we don't have to go back to work now do we?  :dunno: )

Stop with all the doom and gloom guys. His family is just trying to make sure he does what he thinks is best.  Give them some time.  If we get him, great.  If we don't, no big deal.  We have one heck of a recruiting class.  Now stop with the conspiracy theories and the woe unto me garbage.  Patience is a virtue.

As for CK, I wish him luck on his decision.  I hope he takes as much time as he needs to make this important decision.

Exactly how are WE going to give them some time.  :dunno:

By not freaking out as every minute goes by.  There's so many Chicken Littles in here right now it's ridiculous.  With or without CK we had a great class.  We've gotten spoiled by Chizik's recruiting abilities.

As is usually the case, the situation is fluid.  I am hearing good things, though, regarding our chances to hold on to Cyrus at this particular time.  'Not sure if we'll hear anything today or not.

Thank you J-S!   

(we don't have to go back to work now do we?   :dunno: )

You may want to if job performance could put your livelihood in jeopardy.   :laugh:

I haven't heard ST comment on this yet so I feel fairly confident that he flew to MD last night and will be meeting with Cyrus and his parents later today.  ST will get this resolved.  Since the NCAA is allowing scanned copies of LOI's this year, I hope he brought his scanner so Cyrus can sign and then ST can scan it and e-mail to the AU coaches.   :thumbsup:  

If dad says they don`t know much about Auburn, get in the car and go check it out. Give your son a fair shake on this. I`m sure you did for Arie.

Agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe this is an incorrect assumption, but I would assume that if they can afford to send their son to a private school, they could also afford to take a trip to the Lovely Village? This is a HUGE decision, and I'd do anything to be with my son on those five OV's.

Wait... What is false :banghead:

Listen to the MODS... they have more info than the rest of us, and always more than the media in Mobile...

Wow. No im really confused. Splitting the sons between Alabama(where the brother already plays) and Auburn would be rough (especially on game day) dividing the family (as far as travel goes). So now it may be easier if they just put Iowa back in the mix? WHAT?

Archived