ALL THINGS Cyrus...

Everybody is talking about pressure and I believe it, but at the end of the day the kid is picking between two great schools for an opportunity at a quality education and to play football.  To me, pressure is when an eighteen-year-old kid volunteers to join the military with a war in Afghanistan, a crazy madman in North Korea bombing islands in South Korea, and chaos in the Middle East.  

Oh yeah, Alabama is a fantastic school. If my grades were worse I would have gone there instead of Auburn.

Barkley Shout-out!

Grades and hair style change?  No mullett right now correct?

Not really sure what you're doing there.....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody is talking about pressure and I believe it, but at the end of the day the kid is picking between two great schools for an opportunity at a quality education and to play football.  To me, pressure is when an eighteen-year-old kid volunteers to join the military with a war in Afghanistan, a crazy madman in North Korea bombing islands in South Korea, and chaos in the Middle East.  

Oh yeah, Alabama is a fantastic school. If my grades were worse I would have gone there instead of Auburn.

Barkley Shout-out!

He's saying if you went to bama, you'd have to grow a mullet.  And he's assuming you don't have one now.

Hate to say it but this guy will probably end up at bammer it's hard to beat out family if they want him to go there that's where he will end up because they are the ones who have to back him financially and it really comes down to what they want in the end. But on another note I still like how my coaches are making little Nicky shake in his boots if it wasn't for this guys older brother being at bammer we def would have taken him away off one visit that's amazing!!

This recruiting thing is about to hit another level for 2012 it's gonna get nasty after all this that's going on I can't wait until feb 2012!!!

Schools give out these new things called "Scholarships."  Not sure how to pronounce it yet, but maybe one day.  I also heard that some schools will give you "full ride scholarships."  This is just a rumor, though.

So The Roundtable on JOX just reported that Kwon-Jo was going to talk to both coaching staffs today and is planning on faxing his LOI tomorrow.

But the roundtable, being uat homers, probably got that from tiderinsider, tidesports, or stupid shane from Center Point.

That is possible but that quote wasn't impartial to one school or another. just a tidbit of info I thought I'd pass along.

I just want the guy to do what he thinks is best for him. Id be concerned that he'd always be compared to his brother if they played on the same team, but that's just my assumption. I was told that Iowa may be back in the mix and that it may be tomorrow before he makes his decision. Wherever he chooses, I wish him the best. None of us need to try and assume whats going on here, cause if they read these forums I dont want them  to think we're bashing anyone and I dont think AUBURN fans need  to be flooding his Facebook page with comments to come here. Please refrain from all of that. Remember what happened to the Miss State guy. We dont want to sound desperate. Let our coaches do what they do best and let us fans stay out of it and leave this kid alone. It can work against us and undo any work our coaches are doing if the fans keep hounding him on his facebook page.Lets have faith in our coaches. They've put together a great class either way so I trust them.

When are the mods going to give some input on this. I dont expect them to know where hes going but some info on what the coaches/committed players are doing maybe? just something

I gave my input back on pg. 16 a few hours ago and now you have an update from ST that pretty much jives with what I was saying.  Just read through the threads and sometimes you'll get your answers.

Barkley Shout-out!

He's saying if you went to bama, you'd have to grow a mullet.  And he's assuming you don't have one now.

I don't, but I am not all that opposed to sporting one for special occasions.

I don't have a subscription but this is what kolumbo said about the article (in summary)

[03-02, 12:00] kkolumbo:  only spoke to Sunseri once....but has spoken to Thig, Roof, and Chizik several times  

[03-02, 11:59] kkolumbo:  basically his coach is making sure Auburn gets the most contact b/c he feels that cyrus owes the AU coaches that since he committed to them

I might be a little late, but if this is true, kudos to the coach! Not from a biased perspective (which I am), but this seems like a very good, reasonable, logical coach. If this is true and I think it is, that is impressive for him to do.

I don't have a subscription but this is what kolumbo said about the article (in summary)

[03-02, 12:00] kkolumbo:  only spoke to Sunseri once....but has spoken to Thig, Roof, and Chizik several times  

[03-02, 11:59] kkolumbo:  basically his coach is making sure Auburn gets the most contact b/c he feels that cyrus owes the AU coaches that since he committed to them

I might be a little late, but if this is true, kudos to the coach! Not from a biased perspective (which I am), but this seems like a very good, reasonable, logical coach. If this is true and I think it is, that is impressive for him to do.

I agree. What I like also is how he obviously respects our coaches and the way we recruited Cyrus. This guy deals with major college recruiting every year, so this isn't new to him. This would be a great school for us to get our foot in the door recruiting wise.

Thanks ST; you've said all I need to know about this at this point.

what did ST say did i miss it or are you relating to the very first topic where he gave his update

Jeffrey Lee on Jox this AM thinks AU has a slight lead for CK. I hope he's right. If CK does choose elsewhere, I sure as hell hope it's New Mexico.

I think at this point its anyone's guess

what did ST say did i miss it or are you relating to the very first topic where he gave his update

Yes. I believe he was refering to STs pinned update.

Yes. I believe he was refering to STs pinned update.

thats what i thought thanks

Tweeted Per @kristenkenney who remains in Hyattsville, Md., Cyrus Kouandjio will not make a formal announcement. He will call the coaches,,,

Could look  good for Auburn that he is not making an announcement.

Tweeted Per @kristenkenney who remains in Hyattsville, Md., Cyrus Kouandjio will not make a formal announcement. He will call the coaches,,,

Could look  good for Auburn that he is not making an announcement.

I agree.  He made his announcement yesterday and now all he needs to do is fax AU his LOI.

FYI: Just got another little nugget.  Our coaches are still confident in Cyrus sticking with Auburn

Nugget acknowledged and appreciated.

Archived