ALL THINGS Cyrus...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been thinking about posting this since yesterday afternoon, and I finally decided to post it.  Flame if you must.  

Auburn Family. . . I know this applies to very few of you.  However, to do those who have done so, please stop making negative comments about the Kouandjio family, assuming that you know what they are or are not thinking.  His father has been clear in his comments that it is Cyrus's decision, and they are helping him to sort things out.  All of his comments suggest that he cares deeply about his son's welfare but wants his son to make the decision.  None of us know the man, and we have no reason to doubt his word at this point.   Cyrus has made it clear in his comments that he was not 100% sure just after he made the announcement.  There is no reason to assume anything nefarious is going on within the Kouandjio family.  

We would all love for Cyrus to sign the letter of intent with Auburn.  However, it is much important to him than us.  The choice for college is a major one, especially for someone who could be a millionaire in a few years.  The media scrutiny has been more intense than ever in recruiting in general and on Cyrus in particular.  Cyrus is more than a number of stars; more than an ESPN ranking; and more than his weight, height, and 40 time.  He is a young man who is trying to make the most important decision of his young life, choosing where he his new home will be, far away from his parents for the first time.

Please try to keep some perspective in all of this and remember that this family is not trying to torture us or harm our recruiting class.  The Kouandjios are trying to help Cyrus make this extremely important decision.  Auburn University and the football program will flourish with or without him.  

I'm surprised you didn't ask for a group hug after that.  geesh.

^^^^^^That's some funny stuff right there, I don't care who you are! LOL!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm coming in late on this conversation, did Cyrus sign yet? Any new news?

Not yet, but his parents discussed the situation last night.

I currently have kids in 2-different colleges... not a big deal...

Question is; Are they both playing ball or participating in events that you might have to choose which place to be. I understand the parents dilemma but at the same time I would let my kids make their decisions as long as they made informed ones. Help them, don`t hold them back.

Everybody is talking about pressure and I believe it, but at the end of the day the kid is picking between two great schools for an opportunity at a quality education and to play football.  To me, pressure is when an eighteen-year-old kid volunteers to join the military with a war in Afghanistan, a crazy madman in North Korea bombing islands in South Korea, and chaos in the Middle East.  

Everybody is talking about pressure and I believe it, but at the end of the day the kid is picking between two great schools for an opportunity at a quality education and to play football.  To me, pressure is when an eighteen-year-old kid volunteers to join the military with a war in Afghanistan, a crazy madman in North Korea bombing islands in South Korea, and chaos in the Middle East.  

Oh yeah, Alabama is a fantastic school. If my grades were worse I would have gone there instead of Auburn.

Barkley Shout-out!

As a father of four, all I can do is hope this young man makes the best decision for himself and his family.  I do not know his family's "situation".  However, I know that this is a lot of pressure on these young men.  I do not envy them one iota.  Think of the pressures we have as adults and then put that on a kid.  Good luck and God's speed ck.

As the Father of the Duggar family I can tell you I just hope my kids are smart enough, or Athletic enough to get a scholarship. If everyone of these dang 19 kids want to go to college I am in deep doodoo and I don't care if it is to 19 different colleges.   :-\ ;)

I'm surprised you didn't ask for a group hug after that.  geesh.

I was actually hoping we could "all hold hands and sing Kumbaya."  I'm glad you at least recognized yourself in my post, even if you don't like when people call you on it. 

Hate to say it but this guy will probably end up at bammer it's hard to beat out family if they want him to go there that's where he will end up because they are the ones who have to back him financially and it really comes down to what they want in the end. But on another note I still like how my coaches are making little Nicky shake in his boots if it wasn't for this guys older brother being at bammer we def would have taken him away off one visit that's amazing!!

This recruiting thing is about to hit another level for 2012 it's gonna get nasty after all this that's going on I can't wait until feb 2012!!!

Auburn's Architecture School is one of the best in the nation, Alabama does not even have an Architecture program. Hopefully, his parents will see that this is much bigger than football; it's an education that will promise him a successful life. True American dream story here.

When are the mods going to give some input on this. I dont expect them to know where hes going but some info on what the coaches/committed players are doing maybe? just something

When are the mods going to give some input on this. I dont expect them to know where hes going but some info on what the coaches/committed players are doing maybe? just something

I imagine when they have input to give. According to reports, the recruit has not even made up his mind yet.

I imagine when they have input to give. According to reports, the recruit has not even made up his mind yet.

never mind. sorry i spoke to soon... Thanks ST

I expect his brother being at bama to be a plus for Auburn.  I mean, there are stories everywhere about how miserable most of the guys on that team are playing under saban, and he can get a first-hand unbiased account.

Of course, it may be like when you drink out of a glass of milk that's starting to sour and say "Oh my God, that's awful -- here, try this!"  Maybe Arie wants someone to share his misery with (or maybe his parents want them to suffer together  ;) )

So The Roundtable on JOX just reported that Kwon-Jo was going to talk to both coaching staffs today and is planning on faxing his LOI tomorrow.

I have two kids, boy and girl two years apart.  Both were very active in athletics from the time they were 5 years old.  There were many days and nights and weekends that my wife and I went different directions to watch them play.  My son played HS and JUCO Baseball.  My daughter played HS, JUCO and D2 Softball.  We, as parents, were heavily involved in their decisions as to where they would play their collegiate ball.  But in the end it was their decision and we supported their decisions 100%.  We just made sure they had all the information they needed to make the decisions they made.    

So The Roundtable on JOX just reported that Kwon-Jo was going to talk to both coaching staffs today and is planning on faxing his LOI tomorrow.

But the roundtable, being uat homers, probably got that from tiderinsider, tidesports, or stupid shane from Center Point.

Personally I don't expect good news but would love to be shocked on this one.  The fact that this wasn't over last night bodes well for us though, I think it means that he thinks enough of Auburn to fight over it and not just let his family's opinion sway him.

But the roundtable, being uat homers, probably got that from tiderinsider, tidesports, or stupid shane from Center Point.

I think the story is consistent with what ST just posted and the quotes from CK's HS coach.  He's talking to the staffs, probably more to AU, and he'll decide soon.

Oh yeah, Alabama is a fantastic school. If my grades were worse I would have gone there instead of Auburn.

Barkley Shout-out!

Grades and hair style change?  No mullett right now correct?

Archived