2012 5* RB Rushel Shell (Pittsburgh signee & transferred to West Virginia)

amyjones17

We'll have to make up some ground on this one. He is already influenced by the northern schools, but his lead recruiter from Alabama is Sal Sunseri, who is also a Aliquippa native a believe. We also saw how difficult it was getting Huggins away from home...

Didn't Sunseri take a HC in PA?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll have to make up some ground on this one. He is already influenced by the northern schools, but his lead recruiter from Alabama is Sal Sunseri, who is also a Aliquippa native a believe. We also saw how difficult it was getting Huggins away from home...

Wikipedia says he is still at bama...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sal_Sunseri

You're thinking of their WR coach they lost....Sunseri is still at bama

Sal is still at Bama, and yes they just signed his son Vinnie (LB). Just pointing out that they have already offered and have ties to the hometown. They don't really need a running back, unless you take into account Hart will be a DB and Calloway will be a safety (ala Mark Barron)... :rolleyes:

I live in Pittsburgh and have seen this kid run during his freshman year . It was a playoff game against a bigger and stronger team. He ate them alive. I thought he was the reincarnation of Gayle Sayers. I am a team doc for one of the local high schools and have seen lots of players over the past 16 years, including Terrelle Pryor. This Shell kid is phenomenal. Most of these guys migrate to Penn State or Ohio State because they can play big time football and their parents only have to travel a couple of hours to see them. Sal Sunseri interviewed for the Pitt job and didn't get it. His son, Tino Sunseri, is the starting QB at Pitt. I know Pitt is REALLY trying to get Shell, but who wants to play in a stadium with 63,000 seats and have an announced crowd of 55,000, but all of us going to the games know there are only 35,000 at most at the game!  (We are hoping this new guy from Tulsa turns the program around).  I have heard from numerous sources that young Mr. Shell is really arrogant at this stage in his life, which I assume is par for the course for many of these talented kids.

Wish I could get to some Auburn games but pretty tough since my daughter graduated in 2006---follow them religiously every year though. I love college football so with my Pitt season tickets I at least get to see something that resembles college ball! 

If I get close enough to Shell I'll keep whispering War Eagle into his ear---you never know........

dcg, that wouldn't hurt. Either would you wearing your National Championship t-shirt and hat. If you don't have either, get in touch with athletic department to see how to one of each.

• 1 month later...

WAY too early to tell! The only place he's visited multiple times is Pitt, and they have been recruiting him for SEVERAL years now. If they hadn't had so much turmoil with their coaching carousel, I think they'd be the clear favorite. New coach Todd Graham has made Shell his TOP priority though. I'd expect him to go till NSD or close to it.

Free ESPN article HERE!

Your right, it is too early to tell. But that being said, I read some time back that he liked AU as well.

Yeah, me too... about two posts above yours!  :tease:

If we ever get him for a OV , I like our chances. I dont understand how someone can count us out this early in the game. They must not have much faith in the coaching staff. :banghead:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest jojo1515

anyone heard anything in the past month or so on this guy?  He seems to be an absolute beast!  People thought he was an tOSU lock, but I am betting that is changing!  1500 yds in 10 games as a FRESHMAN!

He's my favorite back in the class. I dont have very high hopes tho... This kid will be freshman of the year wherever he plays at next year

Guest jojo1515

It seemd as though he wa looking hard at OSU and Pitt, guessing OSU is out of the pic, unless he has to stay close to home, there is no comparison between AU and Pitt.  We are on his fav's list.  i hope our coaches get in his ear.  I want either him or Marshall.  WHile someone like Yeldon has the possibility to end up better in college, this guy has the intangibles and the size...215 lbs I think.  I want a POWER RUNNING back for this class, not just a scat back

It seemd as though he wa looking hard at OSU and Pitt, guessing OSU is out of the pic, unless he has to stay close to home, there is no comparison between AU and Pitt.  We are on his fav's list.  i hope our coaches get in his ear.  I want either him or Marshall.  WHile someone like Yeldon has the possibility to end up better in college, this guy has the intangibles and the size...215 lbs I think.  I want a POWER RUNNING back for this class, not just a scat back

TJ is 210-215 also...

Archived