2012 5* RB Rushel Shell (Pittsburgh signee & transferred to West Virginia)

amyjones17

TJ is 210-215 also...

I had only heard 205 at biggest....well, then he has already started to bulk up a little.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seemd as though he wa looking hard at OSU and Pitt, guessing OSU is out of the pic, unless he has to stay close to home, there is no comparison between AU and Pitt.  We are on his fav's list.  i hope our coaches get in his ear.  I want either him or Marshall.  WHile someone like Yeldon has the possibility to end up better in college, this guy has the intangibles and the size...215 lbs I think.  I want a POWER RUNNING back for this class, not just a scat back

TJ is 210-215 also...

And he will EASILY play at 220!  :we:

Believe this is my favorite back in this class  with the size and speed he has.  hope we land him

my top 3 backs

1. Shell

2. Yeldon

3. Williams

Me too.

Shell or Yeldon and I would be happy. Although Yeldon is from this state, I really want Shell. If you haven't already, y'all have got to see his vid. :wedance:  :tdau:

• 4 months later...

Narrowed his choice to UAT and Pitt; just made a wise choice and committed to Pitt.

Yes. And he gets to play in the Atlantic Crap Conference instead of the Big Least Conference.

Narrowed his choice to UAT and Pitt; just made a wise choice and committed to Pitt.

Yes. And he gets to play in the Atlantic Crap Conference instead of the Big Least Conference.

Glad we are not facing him, can't question or criticize him for playing at home.

• 1 year later...

Since he couldn't cut it at Pitt, we can do better.

I think it is assuming too much that he left Pitt cuz he could not cut it there. Remember the new Pitt coach is pretty dang jerkish.

Since he couldn't cut it at Pitt, we can do better.

I think it is assuming too much that he left Pitt cuz he could not cut it there. Remember the new Pitt coach is pretty dang jerkish.

Well then, if we recruit him we'll have to be sure one of the big, bad coaches isn't meant to po' lil' ol' Rushel? SoCal and Kiffin sound like a better match for him than AU or any other SEC school.

No, I don't think there's a chance that we pursue him. I honestly believe Peyton Barber is the real deal, and between him and Jonathan Ford, we're looking pretty good at running back for the next few years. That's not to say we won't sign a big time headliner in either 2014 or 2015 who steals some of the thunder of this year's backs, but why on earth would we go after a transfer when we've already got a junior 1,000 yard rusher, a JUCO bruiser who appears primed to become the featured back this season, and those two getting ready to shine in the future?

JUCO and transfer players are pursued when you need a band-aide to hold you over until the crop of recruits matures. Artis-Payne was signed because we need a big back who can carry the load right now, and while RB is one of the easiest transitions from high school to college, we didn't have the bell cow type of high school star on our commitment list to make CAP less needed. Now, we have depth AND an extremely alluring offense that will be displayed prominently in the fall. I don't think there's any reason to be concerned with signing him...

The subtraction of Dyer, Blakely, J. Robinson, and on a different level Yeldon kinda broke us about as bad as the no QB worth a darn situation for the last two years. Makes me cautious of the "we got this guy, we got that." ---"We'll be fine..." Attitude.

It looks like what we have thought about 85% of our previous four year players has been mostly wrong especially the players that never played a down in a game. Sooooooo glad the last staff is behind us. But I have a problem with not pursuing players that could bring he "IT" factor back to AU. Not saying he coaches would even go after Shell this time but,,

Rudi Johnson-Cam Newton-Nick Fairley made life in the fall a little easier on all of us at one time.

Johnson/Newton/Fairley filled positions of dire need. With four quality RB's on the team this fall and us recruiting several top high school prospects, we don't have a dire need for Shell.

The subtraction of Dyer, Blakely, J. Robinson, and on a different level Yeldon kinda broke us about as bad as the no QB worth a darn situation for the last two years. Makes me cautious of the "we got this guy, we got that." ---"We'll be fine..." Attitude.

It looks like what we have thought about 85% of our previous four year players has been mostly wrong especially the players that never played a down in a game. Sooooooo glad the last staff is behind us. But I have a problem with not pursuing players that could bring he "IT" factor back to AU. Not saying he coaches would even go after Shell this time but,,

Rudi Johnson-Cam Newton-Nick Fairley made life in the fall a little easier on all of us at one time.

It's not about saying we'll be fine with the players we have. Shell wouldn't be able to play until 2014. Maybe he would bring that "IT" factor. Or maybe he wouldn't. Just like a high school signee. Except the high school signee has more eligibility, which is the biggest factor to me.

Of course, if we do pursue him, then I'll be gung ho about getting him. Seriously, if Gus sees something in Shell that makes him think the kid is worth a scholarship that an 18 year old could have to be on campus and building toward making an impact, then we should bring him in. The problem with that lies in how interchangeable RBs can be; I mean, why would we pursue Shell rather than pursuing a high schooler who is every bit as good as Shell?

It's not about saying we'll be fine with the players we have. Shell wouldn't be able to play until 2014. Maybe he would bring that "IT" factor. Or maybe he wouldn't. Just like a high school signee. Except the high school signee has more eligibility, which is the biggest factor to me.

Of course, if we do pursue him, then I'll be gung ho about getting him. Seriously, if Gus sees something in Shell that makes him think the kid is worth a scholarship that an 18 year old could have to be on campus and building toward making an impact, then we should bring him in. The problem with that lies in how interchangeable RBs can be; I mean, why would we pursue Shell rather than pursuing a high schooler who is every bit as good as Shell?

It does beg that question...But mainly I agree with Red that PB is the real deal. There is a reason we coughed up the kid from MS (a nice 4* RB) and willingly handed him over to Ole Miss. Barber had a bad leg brake his JR year and didn't have the film nor make the camp circuit that year. In that time he grew into a Bada**! He and Lawson are going to be difficult to keep on the sideline.

Archived