Unknown Player's jersey

cap0006

My dad just gave me a jersey he's had in his closet for a while now. He said a friend of his who worked for the senior bowl got him the auburn jersey some time between 1990-1998. It's number 58 and I have not been able to find out who it could be. Anybody have any suggestions?  :dunno:

I have a program from the Sr. Bowl at my office. It has a list of all players from all schools by year.  I'll give it a peek in the AM and see if I can at least narrow it down a bit for you.

He can't really narrow it down for me. But I can give some details on the jersey: White jersey with the AU right on the bottom of the v on the neck; Blue numbers but has orange behind it to look 3d; Size 54; Has a "tail" on it that goes between legs to get buttoned to the front of the jersey so that it can't get pulled out of your pants

He can't really narrow it down for me. But I can give some details on the jersey: White jersey with the AU right on the bottom of the v on the neck; Blue numbers but has orange behind it to look 3d; Size 54; Has a "tail" on it that goes between legs to get buttoned to the front of the jersey so that it can't get pulled out of your pants

AU wore those jerseys from 96-98 with the blue numbers trimmed in orange. No. 58 would have been Nathan Gardner a LB out of Leeds, Alabama.

Here is Takeo Spikes in 1996, wearing an away jersey.

takeospikes1996.jpg

Here is Ben Leard in 1998, wearing an away jersey.

benleard1998.jpg

need to read the post again, don't think gaston played in the 90's.  :)

I read the title but I figure I may as well be somewhat useful in the thread. I was less than 6 years old in his alloted time period.

I don't see Gardner listed in the Sr. Bowl program.....

I have scanned that page of the program and have a .pdf. If anyone wants it, just PM me.

Cap0006, check your PM's

I have scanned that page of the program and have a .pdf.  If anyone wants it, just PM me.

Cap0006, check your PM's

Didn`t anyone say the player played in the Sr. Bowl; just said someone that worked for the Sr. Bowl had the jersey. May have been a family friend or whatever. Gardner was a Jr. linebacker listed on spring roster in 1999. 5-10 259 OLB. so he couldn`t have played in Sr. Bowl before end of 2000 season. Pretty sure he never played in the Sr. Bowl; didn`t play a lot as there are no defensive stats for him in 98,99, or 2000.

I have scanned that page of the program and have a .pdf.  If anyone wants it, just PM me.

Cap0006, check your PM's

He was never a starter at Auburn, so he would not have been invited to the senior bowl. The OP did not say the player actually was in the senior bowl. Even if he was, he would not have worn an Auburn jersey.

You know, I completely read the OP wrong.  No big deal, and I'm sure you guys know MUCH more about past players than me.

Carry on!!

oh, and  :wareagle:

Derrick Robinson was a Dlineman/LB until 1997 or so .. #58

Robinson came in during Bowden's first recruiting class and was gone before the 96 season, when the change was made to the jerseys.

Derrick Robinson was a Dlineman/LB until 1997 or so .. #58

Robinson came in during Bowden's first recruiting class and was gone before the 96 season, when the change was made to the jerseys.

so he was '93, '94, '95 ... Can't remember what I had for dinner last night, but I remember this kid at AU 18 yrs ago lol. my memory is fading.

Thanks Stat!

so he was '93, '94, '95 ... Can't remember what I had for dinner last night, but I remember this kid at AU 18 yrs ago lol. my memory is fading.

Thanks Stat!

I believe he was gone before the 1995 season if I'm not mistaken. I'm confident the jersey belonged to Nathan Gardner because he is the only 58 that shows up in the football programs and player participation charts from 1996-1998.

Archived