A concern...

I know its early in the season, but I am very concerned about our offense.  I have been to all but two games and we score runs (sometimes) but we do not hit the ball hard.  So far we have been the beneficiaries of some poor defensive opponents.  I am afraid once we get into SEC play where defenses are much more fundamentally sound we will be in trouble. 

(Not trying to be negative, these are my observations)

One more thing I am worried about, our pitchers get their batters into a lot of 0-2 counts and then preceed to get to 3-2, we need to find our pitcher's most effective out pitch, or develop one.  We throw away two pitches every time were up 0-2 in the count

The offense definitely needs a little work.....but we lost a lot of our heavy hitters and the new bats are taking some getting used to for our team.

Hopefully as the season progresses Coach P can get the kinks worked out.

The offense will come around at some point. i agree they arent hitting the ball well. i feel fielding really needs to improve also.

The offense will come around at some point. i agree they arent hitting the ball well. i feel fielding really needs to improve also.

We are in the lower half in the conference in several categories. Hitting and fielding are not where I expected us to be. Pitching has been OK but from some different folks than I thought before the season. Hitting is down nationwide but that`s no excuse. We are getting hits but no getting runners in.

Give it time. The hitting does need to improve but the fielding is better than it was last year so far. Pitching has been great from most even though some relievers are struggling to get going.

Give it time. The hitting does need to improve but the fielding is better than it was last year so far. Pitching has been great from most even though some relievers are struggling to get going.

We need to step up quickly. We have a big road series this weekend and then ASU comes to town soon. We are 8th in hitting, 9 th in ERA, 11th in fielding, 9th in runs scored but we are 4th in hits. We are getting to the plate and getting folks on but can`t get them in. I know we lost a lot of guys and it is still early but coach needs to get these guys lit up. I`ve been on both sides and both sides start to get frustrated if it goes on too long.

It seems that we are making contact but just not hitting the ball very hard, which explains why we get hits , but dont score

It seems that we are making contact but just not hitting the ball very hard, which explains why we get hits , but dont score

That was my initial thought but we are leading the league in doubles so we are hitting the ball hard some at least. Just doesn`t add up.

It seems that their timing is off right now. They also don't know how to lay off pitches that they need to lay off of. That is usually something that can get better as the season goes on and seeing more live pitching. Our offense will be fine

It seems that their timing is off right now. They also don't know how to lay off pitches that they need to lay off of. That is usually something that can get better as the season goes on and seeing more live pitching. Our offense will be fine

Sounds like the Braves to me.

Sounds like the Braves to me.

yeah you're right about that. Nate McClouth is one of the worst I've seen in a while at it

I have only see us play live three times so my observations are limited.  However, it is really tough to compare stats with other SEC teams right now because it is so very difficult to measure the competition we have played vs that of others in the conference.  We have not been flawless but it is very early.  I know we got a "W" today and, weather permitting, we may get a couple more heading in to next week with two mid-week games vs Memphis.  Next weekend's series with AZ St may be very telling.  Keep the faith folks!  We are, after all, 7 & 3 in a sport where .667 is indicative of success!

:wareagle:

as long as we're winning i'll take it not matter if we're barely winning or blowing people out a wins a win, ill take it however we get it

Archived