Seastrunk; Legimate Question

auclong

I don`t remember this but someone said on his visit that he was asked to leave early. I remember us asking someone to leave early in the last year or two but not Seastrunk.

I dont remember that but I remember there being some rumors about him being involved with a street-agent type and that being why we backed off.  Check out this Sports Illistrated article.  Dont know if it's related to your question or not but it's interesting.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/03/04/oregon.payments.insider/index.html#?eref=sihp

I dont remember that but I remember there being some rumors about him being involved with a street-agent type and that being why we backed off.  Check out this Sports Illistrated article.  Dont know if it's related to your question or not but it's interesting.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/03/04/oregon.payments.insider/index.html#?eref=sihp

Thanks; it goes hand in hand. I heard later that when he showed up at Auburn he had his handler/whatever with him and that they were asking for money from AU such as what Oregon paid. We sent them packing hence the end of AU recruiting him.

Good luck getting anyone in the know to validate that story.

:laugh:

So you were validating the story? :laugh::tease:

:-X

Pretty sure Lache never asked for money; the way I understand it, he just didn't mesh too well with several of the other recruits, and signing him would have meant we likely wouldn't sign several of the other guys we were at least as high on. :dunno:

Pretty sure Lache never asked for money; the way I understand it, he just didn't mesh too well with several of the other recruits, and signing him would have meant we likely wouldn't sign several of the other guys we were at least as high on. :dunno:

This seems to go along with the story temporarily published to then immediately diminished from this site.

Scumbag agents are ruining college football.

Actually, it's twitter journalist that are ruining college football, but let's be honest nothing can really ruin college football

That`s what I understood at the time but the other part was also starting to appear so both together helped the staff make a decision. May be accurate be accurate, maybe not but a pretty reliable source gave me the info. I try not to post info like that unless pretty dang sure it is reliable.

That`s what I understood at the time but the other part was also starting to appear so both together helped the staff make a decision. May be accurate be accurate, maybe not but a pretty reliable source gave me the info. I try not to post info like that unless pretty dang sure it is reliable.

The story was going around that LSU and AU were backing off due to a street agent. After signing day, a post was made by a reliable poster (where are you BTW) that told the above story about abrasiveness. I dismissed the street agent story due to that post. Both were probably true and the coaches felt there was too much drama to move forward (IMO).

Way too many people gave that poster grief and as a result, we now receive less inside info from him. He has said as much.

Archived