which would you choose?

CarolinaTiger

If given the power to make one of the following 2 statements come true, which would you choose to become true?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. If given the power to make one of the following 2 statements come true, which would you choose to become true?

• Have my college football team go undefeated and win the national championship AND having my presidential candidate lose the election.
    • Have my presidential candidate win the election AND have my college football team go 5-6 with no bowl and a loss to their fiercest rival.

I wrote this w/ auburn fans in mind, but made it team/candidate neutral so that everyone can weigh in.

in short, would you forfeit your team's winning in order to secure the election, or vice versa???

ct

i'm sitting here struggling w/ what i'd take...

on the one hand, i'd love auburn to win it all this year...on the other hand, 'first lady teresa' is a frightening thought.

This poll is completely unfair.

That being said, I had to pick the president. Kerry would be in office 4 years and Auburn would only have a few months of glory. Plus the world would suffer more with him in office than have a media darling win a national championship, which has happened before.

If the poll would have been 'Auburn wins it all 4 years in a row' then I don't know what I would have picked. :jester:

Well, I guess when you think about it, there are some things that matter more than AU football (albiet very few things ;) ). The only person I can picture voting for a national championship would be a Nader or write in voter because those are the candidates with no chance.

Country above all!!

well, we finally have ONE taker for their football team. a non (or weak) partisan, i imagine.

part of me says that the country is strong enough to withstand 4 years of whomever is elected, therefore choose AUBURN. yet, another part of me says, "President Kerry" is Scary.

ct

I would rather 'Bama or FSU win the NC over the next 4 years than go under a National Health Care System, pay double what I am paying now in taxes, and lose the War on Terrorism; which is what what would happen if Kerry is elected President.

I had a hard time with this. I personally put ZERO stock in ANY politician and am hard pressed to call myself a "fan" of any government official. But, in this particular election, I absolutely cannot vote for allowing John Kerry into the White House. I think it sends the wrong message to the world. So, I picked the political choice. Under a different climate, such as Clinton v. Dole, I would've chosen the football item. I didn't like Clinton and I wasn't that indifferent at the time. It was just a different world climate.

Archived