Auburn Starters

I'm still skeptical about Blatt starting. He did great this weekend, but I'd like to see a few more before I permanently hand the spot over. Once Varny gets healthy, for now I think we have our other two in Varny and Jacobs

Blatt was pretty dominant in high school as a starting pitcher in high school when he played at Opelika. I had to face him my share of times, and he was pretty good. But I think he ran into some arm problems toward the end of his senior year, so he moved to the reliever role when he got to auburn to try and not put as much stress on his arm. But he seems to be doing just fine now, and as long as he can keep putting us in a position to win, I say let him start for now

I hear ya but last 2 outings 5 1/3 6 1/3 were both very good, he's a very muscled up guy and takes a while to get loose....alot of his relief appearances he has not had the time needed to get loose, as somone has gotten in trouble and they will send him to the bullpen for an out or 2 then hit the mound.......takes him longer than most to get loose due to loving to hit the weights, he usually needs 30 or so pitches to get loose and can't always get that coming in relief. Think he will show he's better in the long run as a starter. Yes he did have some arm issue's after High School and then this past fall when new trainer came in and had him doing new work out routine hurt it again....didn't get to throw hardly at all in the fall, but arm is good now!!!

I think the Friday night spot is Blatt's for now, but CJP has shown he's quick to switch things around so 1 bad outing could push him out of it.  The one thing I have always thought about Blatt is he has the mentality of a Friday night guy.  Just judging off the fact that he came in and shut down Alabama in the capital city classic his freshman year, he always seems to pitch with confidence.  Sometimes his stuff hasn't been great, but I've never felt that he was pitching scared which many pitchers tend to do.  I'm pulling for him to lead us down the stretch.

I don't know about Varandore's health, anyone have an update?  Assuming he's healthy I'd like to see him get some work in relief tonight and this weekend, and keep the same rotation for the Ole Miss series then maybe consider penciling him in for the USC series.

I'm actually hearing that a decision is being made between Zach and Varandore for the start this thursday. If they throw Varandore then speculation is Zach would throw possibly Friday? Not sure who would go on Saturday between Jon Luke and Luckie.

Have inside connection with  Z and that's is what he is being told as of now....will get the final word later today but as of now it's between him and V on thursday....personally with V having sore arm issues don't know i would throw him thursday as starter....believe would bring him in 1st relief to warm the arm back up.

Archived