Jaquay Williams

Rickys Rants

If there was any doubt if he is solid! From him.. I'm not planning on going anywhere else unless something crazy, crazy happens like coach (Gene) Chizik or coach Trooper (Taylor) leaves. But still, I still probably wouldn't leave because I love Auburn so much. I fell in ove with Auburn, I didn't fall in love with an offensive coordinator." Williams said pressure isn't what caused him to make his first public comments in weeks, saying the constant rumors have been "annoying" more than anything else."I'm 100 percent committed to Auburn, that's my message right there. I want to get that out," Williams said. "I'm tired of people posting on websites saying I'm decommitted and all these Alabama fans going crazy. I'm tired of it."

JaQuay is the victim of his own retweets.  And noticed he is still doing it now.  Until we get the LOI i don't have that have the faith

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there was any doubt if he is solid! From him.. I'm not planning on going anywhere else unless something crazy, crazy happens like coach (Gene) Chizik or coach Trooper (Taylor) leaves. But still, I still probably wouldn't leave because I love Auburn so much. I fell in ove with Auburn, I didn't fall in love with an offensive coordinator." Williams said pressure isn't what caused him to make his first public comments in weeks, saying the constant rumors have been "annoying" more than anything else."I'm 100 percent committed to Auburn, that's my message right there. I want to get that out," Williams said. "I'm tired of people posting on websites saying I'm decommitted and all these Alabama fans going crazy. I'm tired of it."

JaQuay is the victim of his own retweets.  And noticed he is still doing it now.  Until we get the LOI i don't have that have the faith

What part of Gus tweets makes you not have faith??

florida? I keep seeing twitter post that seem to indicate some interest by him. I hope not because he is hanging with Digg this weekend and I would hate to see a late minute switch like that. Any mods know how firm his AU commitment is ?

Multiple times in the past few weeks he has adamantly said he was 100% to auburn and that even if all the coaches were fired he'd still probably end up at auburn cause he loved it so much.

florida? I keep seeing twitter post that seem to indicate some interest by him. I hope not because he is hanging with Digg this weekend and I would hate to see a late minute switch like that. Any mods know how firm his AU commitment is ?

I think if you look at his profile pick on twitter you will have your answer.

Multiple times in the past few weeks he has adamantly said he was 100% to auburn and that even if all the coaches were fired he'd still probably end up at auburn cause he loved it so much.

Yeah, well Yeldon said the same things. 100% committed, gonna get ready for Clemson, blah, blah, blah. It's recruiting.

I'm very confident in Williams signing with us, but nothing is certain until the paper is signed.

Yeah, well Yeldon said the same things. 100% committed, gonna get ready for Clemson, blah, blah, blah. It's recruiting.

I'm very confident in Williams signing with us, but nothing is certain until the paper is signed.

Big difference between the 2. TJ never came out on his own to say that he was committed. He only said it when he was ashed. JW has said it on his own a number of times.

Guest jojo1515

Big difference between the 2. TJ never came out on his own to say that he was committed. He only said it when he was ashed. JW has said it on his own a number of times.

Well no wonder he flipped...that is no way to treat a rercruit!

Ellitor, Since you follow recruiting much closer than I, wondering if you remember any commit being as dishonest about their committment as TJ was? I've never seen a kid lie as many times.

Ellitor, Since you follow recruiting much closer than I, wondering if you remember any commit being as dishonest about their committment as TJ was? I've never seen a kid lie as many times.

Not E, but it was not just him that was lying it was across the board.  Parents and his coaches.  His H.S. coach made a public statement  two days before the flip that he had just talked with TJ and TJ wanted him to tell everyone that he was solid to AU.  Now who knows if TJ really said that, but I guess we will find out soon enough.  Look for an upgrade at the Daphne facilities.

My question is if you are Chiz do you avoid that coach, or just consider it water under the bridge in the game of recruiting?  Or do you blow that bridge up? 

Not E, but it was not just him that was lying it was across the board.  Parents and his coaches.  His H.S. coach made a public statement  two days before the flip that he had just talked with TJ and TJ wanted him to tell everyone that he was solid to AU.  Now who knows if TJ really said that, but I guess we will find out soon enough.  Look for an upgrade at the Daphne facilities.

My question is if you are Chiz do you avoid that coach, or just consider it water under the bridge in the game of recruiting?  Or do you blow that bridge up? 

I guess CGC will have a private conversation with the coach. I certainly hope that the coach would not blatantly lie for the kid but who knows. I just remember the interview with TJ himself at the AL/Miss allstar game in which he indicated his firmness with AU. Looking back, he knew then.

Yes, and his coaches commits came out after that.  I can't remember what paper it was and didn't mean to derail this J. Williams thread.

I agree that Jay G's story makes Williams visit seem blurry but we should remember, most of these kids love to make visits and feel the love. Verbals really don't mean much anymore, anyway. No school really ever knows who they will def have, it seems till spring ball.

I guess CGC will have a private conversation with the coach. I certainly hope that the coach would not blatantly lie for the kid but who knows. I just remember the interview with TJ himself at the AL/Miss allstar game in which he indicated his firmness with AU. Looking back, he knew.

I went to lunch with someone who lives in Fairhope and his wife is a teacher.  It was a known fact a week before it happened that he was going flip.  I trust this person as I have known him for 30 years. 

I also watched the interview the local news had with him here during the ALL-STAR game and he would not maintain eye contact when discussing Auburn. 

I wish Chizik had pulled his scholorship offer.

Archived