Jaquay Williams

Rickys Rants

Multiple times in the past few weeks he has adamantly said he was 100% to auburn and that even if all the coaches were fired he'd still probably end up at auburn cause he loved it so much.

Yeah, well Yeldon said the same things. 100% committed, gonna get ready for Clemson, blah, blah, blah. It's recruiting.

I'm very confident in Williams signing with us, but nothing is certain until the paper is signed.

Big difference between the 2. TJ never came out on his own to say that he was committed. He only said it when he was ashed. JW has said it on his own a number of times.

Ellitor, Since you follow recruiting much closer than I, wondering if you remember any commit being as dishonest about their committment as TJ was? I've never seen a kid lie as many times.

To be brutally honest if Jabo flips, whether it be to Auburn or Bammer, he will have been more dishonest because he flaunted his commitment to FSU much more than TJ to AU.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Multiple times in the past few weeks he has adamantly said he was 100% to auburn and that even if all the coaches were fired he'd still probably end up at auburn cause he loved it so much.

Yeah, well Yeldon said the same things. 100% committed, gonna get ready for Clemson, blah, blah, blah. It's recruiting.

I'm very confident in Williams signing with us, but nothing is certain until the paper is signed.

Big difference between the 2. TJ never came out on his own to say that he was committed. He only said it when he was ashed. JW has said it on his own a number of times.

Ellitor, Since you follow recruiting much closer than I, wondering if you remember any commit being as dishonest about their committment as TJ was? I've never seen a kid lie as many times.

To be brutally honest if Jabo flips, whether it be to Auburn or Bammer, he will have been more dishonest because he flaunted his commitment to FSU much more than TJ to AU.

Jaboo has said he's still committed to FSU, but he has been honest about his intent to take visits and that there is the possibility for switching. Basically it's been lip service to everyone, "i'm committed to one person, but i'm gonna keep looking and if one impresses me a little more then i am willing to switch." He might be doing it just to keep FSU recruiting him hard so he's constantly feeling the love from all sides.

Williams said he's a strong AU commit still, but is mulling more visits. He said he would "probably" still stay an AU commit if he does.

Coach Chizik needs to go public with the name of his OC and fast!!!!!

Well now the Packers, Saints and Steelers have lost maybe he will.  j/k guys

Things might not have gone as far with FSU as they did if Auburn could have recruited him all along. I see Auburn trying to make up for lost time and take the lead.

War Eagle !

Just tweeted by Jaquay...

@JaQuayWilliamsJa'Quay Williams

How in the **** people saying I'm going to flip when I been screaming War Eagle since July. Hate when ppl put words in your mouth.

Auburn man through and through... :wedance:

@JaQuayWilliams: How are people saying I'm going to flip when I been screaming War Eagle since July. Hate when ppl put words in my mouth.

I wasn't aware there was a rumor that he was waivering on his commitment?

There was a rumor that Diggs was recruiting JaQuay to UF on the visit this past weekend. 

@JaQuayWilliams: How are people saying I'm going to flip when I been screaming War Eagle since July. Hate when ppl put words in my mouth.

There was a rumor that Diggs was recruiting JaQuay to UF on the visit this past weekend. 

Hopefully it was the other way around.

I'm sure it was.  Besides, it wasn't just JaQuay with him, althought I think they got to be fairly good friends.  I think Zeke Pike and Jonathan Jones spent a fair bit of time with him, too. 

I'm sure it was.  Besides, it wasn't just JaQuay with him, althought I think they got to be fairly good friends.  I think Zeke Pike and Jonathan Jones spent a fair bit of time with him, too. 

Don't forget about Holsey

i have grown weary of all of this intrigue and suspense with these kids...i'm too worn out and too old to give a damn much longer....by the way,anyone else wonder why stallworth was not utilized this past year?....kid looked like he could been a gamechanger

Maybe this is why:

(Tyrone, Ga./Sandy Creek), an Auburn commit, will visit two of the Tigers rivals over the next two weekends.

“Ja’Quay will go to Georgia this weekend and Florida the next weekend,” said Chip Walker, Sandy Creek’s coach.

I guess CGC will have a private conversation with the coach. I certainly hope that the coach would not blatantly lie for the kid but who knows. I just remember the interview with TJ himself at the AL/Miss allstar game in which he indicated his firmness with AU. Looking back, he knew.

I went to lunch with someone who lives in Fairhope and his wife is a teacher.  It was a known fact a week before it happened that he was going flip.  I trust this person as I have known him for 30 years. 

I also watched the interview the local news had with him here during the ALL-STAR game and he would not maintain eye contact when discussing Auburn. 

I wish Chizik had pulled his scholorship offer.

What does a friend's wife teaching at Fairhope have to do with a guy who goes to school at Daphne.  That's no different than anyone on this site that has no insight speculating there would be a flip.  Unless there was some other form of connectivity, i wouldn't put too much credence in this myself.  I live in Daphne, and my daughter goes to school there.  The biggest surpirise was the fact that he commited to AU in the first place.  the feeling here was that he has been a bammer forever.  his best friend going there only made it worse.  i didnt keep my hopes up the entire time he was "commited" to us.  i was fully prepared for a let down at some point in time.  Frankly, I'm surprised he didn't wait until NSD.  Personally, i'm glad he's gone, because if you don't want to be here then we don't want you here either.  Don't let the doorknob hit ya where the good Lord split ya!!!

I hope Yeldon doesn't become the next Seastrunk. They made their choices and they have to live with it. Auburn hasn't and won't miss either one.

This thread is about JaQuay Williams, not TJY.  Please take it to the College Football board if you want to talk about TJ.  There's a whole thread dedicated to him

Maybe this is why:

(Tyrone, Ga./Sandy Creek), an Auburn commit, will visit two of the Tigers rivals over the next two weekends.

“Ja’Quay will go to Georgia this weekend and Florida the next weekend,” said Chip Walker, Sandy Creek’s coach.

Looks like the battle is on.

Maybe this is why:

Looks like the battle is on.

If you read what this kid writes on Twitter, you'll feel better about his commitment.  Not to say one of these schools can't flip him....I'm just saying as of right now all signs point to him being very comfortable in his commitment and very excited to be an AU Tiger.  He's just having fun and enjoying the experience...can't blame him for that. 

Archived