Jaquay Williams

Rickys Rants

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not for JW its not.   

This coming from the "Yeldon is all in" guy. Sorry I couldn't resist.

I still say he sticks with AU, but it does open the door.

I have no problem with guys taking visits, but do it early and get it over with. Taking visits this late doesn't send a good message to guys we're trying to close on. JMO

When you are reading a recruiting board and every other post is a panic post over people who have repeatedly stated they are committed, complaints are infinitely more than difficult to take seriously. Other than Yeldon saying to everyone involved he was committed and then flipping how do you look into the future of that? Pick some lottery numbers for me. :hellyeah: Make it a mega millions pick will ya? :trampoline:

not for JW its not.   

I have no problem with guys taking visits, but do it early and get it over with. Taking visits this late doesn't send a good message to guys we're trying to close on. JMO

I have no problem with committs taking visits early on in the process.  IMO, our coaches need to firm up the commit and put the lock on them in the last two weeks before NSD.  A kid should have made all of the visits he needs to make by now.  He's had months to visit and look at facilities & coaching staffs, and the co-eds at each campus.  He and his parent's have been through the process enough by now that they should have a firm decision made unless there is a coaching turnover at their original committment (which is our case.)

Remember this is from thte AJC so it will have a heavy Georgia lean.  I think he is still All In!!!  WDE Mr Williams!!!

not for JW its not.   

I have no problem with committs taking visits early on in the process.  IMO, our coaches need to firm up the commit and put the lock on them in the last two weeks before NSD.  A kid should have made all of the visits he needs to make by now.  He's had months to visit and look at facilities & coaching staffs, and the co-eds at each campus.  He and his parent's have been through the process enough by now that they should have a firm decision made unless there is a coaching turnover at their original committment (which is our case.)

Agree

Jeffery Lee posted in the War Room today that JaQuay has no doubts that he will sign with Auburn. His parents are making him go on the OV's to UF and UGA to make sure he feels 100% about his commitment.

Damn, the dreaded kiss of death from JLee. He has been wrong more times than right lately, thus the mass exodus from Rivals.

Jeffery Lee posted in the War Room today that JaQuay has no doubts that he will sign with Auburn. His parents are making him go on the OV's to UF and UGA to make sure he feels 100% about his commitment.

Shhhhhh.... If you say it was Jeff Lee, no one will believe it  :laugh:

I'd trust him over anyone else posting information.

in my best Scooby Doo voice....RUT?!?!?!

Sorry ellitor :laugh: He's still closer to information than 99% of people that try and post info.

The Auburn pay site guys are not great but if it were a race based on accuracy the rest of the pay site guys would have lapped him 10 times.

Sorry ellitor :laugh: He's still closer to information than 99% of people that try and post info.

The Auburn pay site guys are not great but if it were a race based on accuracy the rest of the pay site guys would have lapped him 10 times.

who is "great" when it comes to recruiting opinions on who goes where? 

who is "great" when it comes to recruiting opinions on who goes where? 

ST.is as good as it gets.

From the AJC, a JaQuay tweet:

"Williams is still committed to Auburn. So why visit UGA and maybe Florida? “I think for JaQuay and his family, this is going to give them something to see besides Auburn, and to be able to compare places.”

Williams has been sensitive to the rumors, tweeting:

How [are] people saying I’m going to flip when I been screaming War Eagle since July. Hate when ppl put words in your mouth."

I'm all for JW taking a visit--assuming it's ok with the coaches BUT I quit feeling sure about any commit a very long time ago. I feel confident when the ink is dry on NSD that they are "probably" going to show up on campus. Now-a-days--that's the only way I know to look at it.

Archived