Auburn vs UGA Game 1

Slow week on the boards after a sweep last weekend, hopefully there will be decent crowds this weekend although with students not in town I'm not expecting it.  We're still in great shape to make the SEC tournament and even win the West if we can take care of business at home the next 2 weeks.  Lets get a win tonight.

Auburn will send John Luke Jacobs 1-3 3.32 ERA

vs

LHP Alex Wood 4-5 4.23 ERA

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we can win this series against GA. I haven't been able to watch them play much....just a few innings here and there, so I don't know what to expect from the dawgs.

This weekend could be huge if we can take the series. Bama hosts a resurgent LSU, Arkansas plays AT florida, and Ole Miss hosts South Carolina. If we play our cards right, we could very well end up leading the west

Lineup is out tonight.  Good news is Gamache is playing, bad news is Beisner is starting (prove me wrong Brooks)

1. Fradejas RF

2. Gamache DH

3. McElroy SS

4. Caldwell C

5. Gilmer 3B

6. Patterson 1B

7. Simpson CF

8. Beisner LF

9. Hargett 2B

Again, Jacobs on the hill tonight.  Pitched 8 and gave up 1 run at USC last weekend, hopefully we can see a similar outing.

GT has us with one in bottom of the second and UGA with one in the top of the third, no outs and a runner on second...right?

Both Jacobs and UGA's pitchers are working fast, still 2-1 in the 6th now.

We need to get some runs, I'd hate to see us waste another good start by Jacobs.  I'm not at the game so I can't see, but we've only stuck out twice so this pitcher does not seem to be too dominant we just gotta get some hits to go through.

Great work by Jacobs.  He stranded 2 in the top of the 7th.  His pitch count can't be over 100, but I think if we get a run here his night will be done.  Gave us 7 innings, 2 runs, 6 hits, 1 BB, and 8 K's another great outing.

Thanks for the update. This seems like USC game #1 last week. We simply can't drop this game.

War Eagle !

Archived