Junior Commit

Cole Lipscomb

13-0 this year, with 116 K's in 71 2/3 innings. Not too shabby.

He does play for Edgewood which is in AISA, so the competition isn't great, but still pretty incredible numbers. Just didn't know if anyone knew about this, so figured I would give some positive news after the discouraging loss yesterday. Here's the link to the article if you want to read it:

http://progress.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20110518/PROGRESS04/105170369/1044/progress04/EA-s-Lipscomb-commits-to-AU

Can't wait to sweep Tennessee this weekend!

The competition isn't  great anywhere in high school baseball anymore. I see a lot of it umpiring. I happen to unpire in central Alabama and live 10 minutes from Edgewood. The kid can play no matter if he was at EW or anywhere else. It is a very nice addition to the staff.

My alma mater from 26 years ago.  Edgewood baseball has come a long way since then.  Players have been signed by au and bama.  Contracts Cole.

I know their head baseball and football coach Bobby Carr personally. He knows what he's doing. There's no doubt about that. 

agreed. He sends players to pretty good schools, he knows what he's doing

Anyone got any info on our commits/signees ... saw elsewhere that we have a lefty pitcher committed from the Huntsville High State Champ team.  Don't know any info.  BB recruits are hard to keep a handle on (and actually get to campus vs pro minors)

Anyone got any info on our commits/signees ... saw elsewhere that we have a lefty pitcher committed from the Huntsville High State Champ team.  Don't know any info.  BB recruits are hard to keep a handle on (and actually get to campus vs pro minors)

I know Daniel Koger and he's one heck of a pitcher, there are several players off that team going to some form of college ball. From what i know, he's all ready for camp war eagle.

I know Daniel Koger and he's one heck of a pitcher, there are several players off that team going to some form of college ball. From what i know, he's all ready for camp war eagle.

You know Kog too? That's my best bud

Archived