HUGE Unexpected Recruiting News Coming Within 24 hours!

AUSportTalk

If theres no news by 9 pm im going to be very disappointed..

LOL. We'll know the disappointment Harold Camping's followers felt on May 22nd.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MSG I'm not sure I understand What your saying. Not saying he don't get some money but how does he get it because this site is free.

It was a JOKE as indicated by the  ;D    :-\

We're just used to you not being funny ;D:tease:

That's what I say about you every day. :-\

MSG I'm not sure I understand What your saying. Not saying he don't get some money but how does he get it because this site is free.

It was a JOKE as indicated by the  ;D    :-\

We're just used to you not being funny ;D:tease:

That's what I say about you every day. :-\

'cause you forgot you already said it.

Blakely going to Auburn is the rumor spreading over the net.

This came from another board

"I found out a few hours ago that Mike indeed has chosen Auburn and flew out this afternoon from Tampa.  He and coach Kinnan worked it out with coach Muschamp that he would be allowed to transfer to a Sec West team.  He told Muschamp he appreciated the opportunity that Florida gave him in an emotional meeting but just felt that with the coaching change, offense change among other things, that he wanted to leave and go to his second choice all along which was Auburn.  He really didn't like USF and the other schools that wanted him.  I'm not sure if he will have to sit out a year or not.  He was back home for a few days staying with Ace's family.  Its really a sad situation. Its almost like the blind side story because he had no where to go after he left Florida for awhile because the people he was living with when he was at Manatee were furious with him for leaving UF and wouldnt allow him back.  He was making good grades at UF but just didnt fit in.  He will be in the "Spread Offense" again and won't have to worry about fittting in.  He always stated that AU felt like home to him so we need to move on, wish him the best and hope he finds the grass greener there."

Josh newberg tweets hearing bout the transfer, wow!

joshnewberg247 Josh Newberg

Hearing about a transfer shocker that will go down later today. Wow.

26 minutes ago

I remember a post on this forum that MB was attempting to get a waiver so he wouldn't be ineligible for a season.  Doesn't matter if he does or not though.  He would be an incredible addition either way.  

Well, I'm glad if we get Blakely, but I just don't consider the commitment of one particular 4 star running back to be huge news.  Good news, of course.  But for a team that will have between 8 and 12 4 star players in each class CGC recruits (if not more), it is just a solid piece of good news.  But Blakely may have been the second player ST was talking about, not the first.

I think people need to be careful of the words they choose speaking about Blakely. None know the pressure to attend UF from his parents/guardians. He may have gained some maturity, perspective, and confidence in making the correct choice in the school he wanted to attend from the beginning. If MB is in fact attending AU to play football, I am extremely happy to have a huge talent like him and we need the depth.

Well, I'm glad if we get Blakely, but I just don't consider the commitment of one particular 4 star running back to be huge news.  Good news, of course.  But for a team that will have between 8 and 12 4 star players in each class CGC recruits (if not more), it is just a solid piece of good news.  But Blakely may have been the second player ST was talking about, not the first.

Blakely is an SEC caliber RB and rated #6(by rivals) in his position.  That's pretty huge news to me.

Blakely is an SEC caliber RB and rated #6(by rivals) in his position.  That's pretty huge news to me.

Maybe this staff has spoiled me ;)

I think people need to be careful of the words they choose speaking about Blakely. None know the pressure to attend UF from his parents/guardians. He may have gained some maturity, perspective, and confidence in making the correct choice in the school he wanted to attend from the beginning. If MB is in fact attending AU to play football, I am extremely happy to have a huge talent like him and we need the depth.

Ditto to this. If he is transferring to Auburn I will be thrilled.

Everyone should be thrilled if it is  MB because he is a talented rb and my favorite from last year.  People keep saying we should not take him because he "burned Bridges" with us last year but if he was a part of the class originally everyone would have been excited to have him and what it would have done to the class ranking.  If Cyrus wanted back in  what would you say?  Probably be excited to take a player from Bama. Well we may be taking a top guy from Florida and I love it.  THe backfield just got so much more dangerous if this is true.

Everyone should be thrilled if it is  MB because he is a talented rb and my favorite from last year.  People keep saying we should not take him because he "burned Bridges" with us last year but if he was a part of the class originally everyone would have been excited to have him and what it would have done to the class ranking.   If Cyrus wanted back in  what would you say?  Probably be excited to take a player from Bama. Well we may be taking a top guy from Florida and I love it.  THe backfield just got so much more dangerous if this is true.

IF he transfers and IF he doesn't have to sit out a year, dyer/omac/blakely would make for a deadly rotation for opponents.

I like this call but would be in no way disappointed by MB if that is the news. Blakely was my No. 1 want at rb last year and even though it could very well effect our RB recruiting this year, it could also open up another scholarship for 2012 while filling an empty 2011 one with a potentially great back.

I think most people on here share your sentiment that he was our No. 1 want at rb (except maybe Dee Hart).  The only reason I don't think it is MB is because from all indications by the Mods here the coaches feel great about our chances with the RB talent in this class... and if MB would have to sit out a year anyway and effectively be in the same class as the guy's we're recruiting now... it just seems like this is going in a different direction.

Could be completely wrong about that.. just my two cents on the situation. regardless, if MB decides to come here he'll be welcomed.

Although he would effectively be in the same class after sitting a year, he would not use up a 2012 scholarship which would allow us to build depth on this team that we are all aware we so desperately need... Hey you never know one of these spring games we may actually be able to put two teams on the field instead of the O vs D

A transfer of his caliber is big news.  However, if he has to sit out a year, I'm not sure it has much impact on the AU program, as we are in the running with several big time prospects on the recruiting trail.  However, IF you add that not only is MB transferring to AU, but he will also be eligible right away, not that would be huge.

Even if he sits out a year we would  still have Dyer/Blakely(first year playing but a year in the weight room, practice field/and playbook)/Mason not to mention whoever we bring in as a freshman.  That is still pretty lethal. That group as a whole just spells trouble. Power and speed all over the field.  Plus big Phillips making holes for them.

Even if he sits out a year we would  still have Dyer/Blakely(first year playing but a year in the weight room, practice field/and playbook)/Mason not to mention whoever we bring in as a freshman.  That is still pretty lethal. That group as a whole just spells trouble. Power and speed all over the field.  Plus big Phillips making holes for them.

No doubt.  Keep bringing the talent in, CGC!

Archived