HUGE Unexpected Recruiting News Coming Within 24 hours!

AUSportTalk

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People need to chill with the whole sitting a year out thing. Most(not all) players redshirt or do not start thier first year so what is the difference? Give him a year in the offense, even if it is only in practice, and he will out perform any back you bring in next year in my opinion because I think his talent level is already higher than most.  You think Yeldon or Marshal(who I love) would come in and beat him out? I think he is alittle better anyway and he would have a year of weight room, practice, and playbook experience over them. Take him call it earth shattering, huge, unexpected or anything else and be happy.   :)   We may be taking a TOP rb from another SEC school and a school I think will be much better this year.

It will likely take at least one year for Florida to be back up with the change in offensive philosophy (which is a big part of the reason Blakely wants to leave in the first place).

The reason we hate it about the sitting out a year is because we NEED running backs. We're going to have to play some guys out of position just to fill the depth charts there. I would rather have Blakeley than not because we'd know his status and it wouldn't change at the drop of a hat, which wouldn't necessarily be the case with Marshall or Yeldon (though I think we still get Yeldon either way), not to mention that the guy is a phenomenal talent...it just stinks that we get a transfer at the position of most need but won't be able to use him when he's needed most.

I agree they will be learning a new offense but I said better not perfect and  with charlie weis and muschamp along with all the talent from the last two classes I think they will surprise people plus the sec as a whole has a lot of changes this year. Look at the teams who will have new qbs, coaches, defensive stars, ect..  I see no clear favorite this year as of now.  WHo will stop them?  ThUGA? Maybe South  Carolina.  We won it all with a new qb last year learning as he went.  Atleast they will have starting experience at qb unlike most teams.

Acutally, yeah, I do think UGA and USCe have better shots at winning the East. I'm not sure what Florida ended up last year, so they might well have more wins, but at Florida if you're not winning 10 games and going to a major bowl then it was a disappointing season. Let us not forget that they've won three national championships in the last 15 years.

We all know about SC and them having so much talent back, but UGA had a true freshman learning the ropes at quarterback last year. Remember the last guy who did that for them? His name is Matthew Stafford, and in his sophomore year, after the team struggled through his freshman year (well, until he found his game against us...), he led UGA to wins over us, Florida, and Georgia Tech in the same season for the first time since Herschel Walker won the Heisman. I know they have a history of under-performing top notch backs, but Crowell is the real deal, and Ray Drew will make an impact from day one on the defensive side. Florida has tons of talent, sure, but is that enough to completely change philosophies and still compete in the SEC?

Anyone wondering whether we should take this kid or not should go back and watch that game between Plant and Manatee that was on espn. This kid can flat out tote the rock! Really wish he could play this year but that just means Mr. Mason will have to step up. Very excited he's a Tiger really wish he had picked us from the start.... Oh well he's here now!  :we:

so has ST confirmed that Blakely is the huge news? :dunno:

Per Twitter:

"AuburnEagle Auburn Eagle

Huge News: RB Mike Blakely transfers to AU"

Thanks...Not really what I was hoping for but I'm glad to have him. WAR EAGLE! :thumbsup:

I love Auburn so much! Today is my birthday and I was really hoping for My Chicago Bulls to pull through and beat the heat but they obviously didnt so im pretty pissed but all this recruit news chears me up! When your down just open up auburneagle.com!!!!

It was my BDay yesterday as well.  I believe there is a MOD lurking around here that is a year older today as well.  ;)

Yeah I got to say I'm a little dissapointed, but not much. I was hoping for one of the top ten players to commit to us(without a visit  :dunno: ) but I am happy that its a RB, especially the one that was my second favorite from last years class, first being Crowell.

When Blakely picked FL I was hurt  :-[   :'(

When Ray Drew picked the thugs, I was angry  :banghead:   :devil:

Now, I am happy  ;D

Most excellent news...  :bow:

When was the last time we picked up the top RB's on our board 2-years in a row... and throwing Mason into the mix gives us another option...  :thumbsup:

Blakely isn't the huge news stay tuned!!

Where do you get that?

I have a question...

Some reports are muschamp released him to enroll at AU, if thats true he can play this year...right?

I understand a transfer will have to sit 1 year.

Blakely isn't the huge news stay tuned!!

ST tweeted it was, right?

Maybe you're confused with the other two pieces of good news coming... WR Williams is supposedly All In and there is apparently an additional commit gonna happen soon too.

Anyone wondering whether we should take this kid or not should go back and watch that game between Plant and Manatee that was on espn. This kid can flat out tote the rock! Really wish he could play this year but that just means Mr. Mason will have to step up. Very excited he's a Tiger really wish he had picked us from the start.... Oh well he's here now!  :we:

Excellent point! He looked like a STUD in that game.

I have a question...

Some reports are muschamp released him to enroll at AU, if thats true he can play this year...right?

Yes, he was released to AU. Since he was enrolled in classes, he has to sit out a year, but does not lose any eligibility.

I LOVE IT!!!!

Blakely was on top of my wish list for RB last year. We got him, it was just a little later than we thought we would get him.

War Eagle!!!!!!!!

I have a question...

Yes, he was released to AU. Since he was enrolled in classes, he has to sit out a year, but does not lose any eligibility.

Thanks... so he enrolled in the spring at fla?

I have a question...

Thanks... so he enrolled in the spring at fla?

Not sure when he enrolled exactly, but he was there I know getting help for his hurt shoulder. He was at all the practices from what I read. Just couldn't participate because of that injury.

Archived