HUGE Unexpected Recruiting News Coming Within 24 hours!

AUSportTalk

As part of his sentence, Updyke runs up to Nicky  :devil: and blindsides him out of his coaching job.

Hi Brent, Cyrus. Welcome back.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one that thinks the Blakely angle is a little underwhelming? It would be big news for sure, but I saw this playing out a little different the way it was presented.

It would be underwhelming for me. Personally, Im satisfied with the RB crew we have for next season. I know the depth is great but im comfortable with it.

Am I the only one that thinks the Blakely angle is a little underwhelming? It would be big news for sure, but I saw this playing out a little different the way it was presented.

It would be underwhelming for me. Personally, Im satisfied with the RB crew we have for next season. I know the depth is great but im comfortable with it.

Yea. I'd be underwhelmed as well.

I'd be happy with blakely but not really what I want, he said no to us when he had his chance

Eh, not exactly...more accurately he failed to recognize the levity of his situation, got a little too big headed, and made a bridge burning mistake...but maybe something happened between then and now. :dunno:

I love Auburn so much! Today is my birthday and I was really hoping for My Chicago Bulls to pull through and beat the heat but they obviously didnt so im pretty pissed but all this recruit news chears me up! When your down just open up auburneagle.com!!!!

I love Auburn so much! Today is my birthday and I was really hoping for My Chicago Bulls to pull through and beat the heat but they obviously didnt so im pretty pissed but all this recruit news chears me up! When your down just open up auburneagle.com!!!!

Happy Birthday 23!!!!!  I was pulling for your Bulls also. Maybe whoever gets out of the west can beat the heat.

Happy Birthday 23!!!!!  I was pulling for your Bulls also. Maybe whoever gets out of the west can beat the heat.

I hate the heat. Love the celtics. Pulling for Dallas all day baby!

Mike Blakely is a great running back.  People saying they would be underwhelmed by him are ridiculous.  He was the top running back in the country according to our coaches.  I'm not saying we will get him, I think the announcement is that he will be visiting, but lets not forget how much we wanted him last year.  Has he gotten any worse?

I don't understand how it could be Blakely.  Didn't his release prohibit him going to an SEC school?

I'd be happy with blakely but not really what I want, he said no to us when he had his chance

Eh, not exactly...more accurately he failed to recognize the levity of his situation, got a little too big headed, and made a bridge burning mistake...but maybe something happened between then and now. :dunno:

I agree Red. I am positive that if CK or BC decided they had made a mistake by signing with the turds, and decided to come to Auburn, people would welcome them with open arms. We have Dyer (GREAT) and Tre Mason (true freshman) as our only two between the tackles RB's. We are deathly thin at the RB position. I know Blakely won't be eligible until 2012, but that is one RB we already have for that signing class, that will not count towards that class. He was our #1 target at RB also. I am stunned more people aren't psyched about this. (If this is actually what is happening) As far as him leaving UF after a few months, well they had a complete coaching change. They didn't bring in Weis until after NSD if I'm not mistaken. It was Blakely's fault for not signing with us in the first place, but I will be absolutely giddy if it plays out that he is coming to Auburn.

Thanks man! Bulls are my favorite and Heat are my least favorite. Just along as Mavs will pull through I will be happy. I still hope we win the series but I doubt it will happen but never say never

Mike Blakely is a great running back.  People saying they would be underwhelmed by him are ridiculous.  He was the top running back in the country according to our coaches.  I'm not saying we will get him, I think the announcement is that he will be visiting, but lets not forget how much we wanted him last year.  Has he gotten any worse?

Its not ridiculous...its just not as earth-shattering as we seem to believe it will be.

Because that title reads UNEXPECTED! We have conversed over the potential of Blakely visiting.

Because that title reads UNEXPECTED! We have conversed over the potential of Blakely visiting.

but came to the conclusion that there is no way Will would let him go to another SEC school. This would be very unexpected if this is what is happening IMO.

I hate the heat. Love the celtics. Pulling for Dallas all day baby!

Amen to this^^^^

at first i didn't think it was blakely but now after looking around on the net it seems he is the guy. i wasn't that thrilled at first and was probably thinking the same way most of you were (he snubbed us for florida so we shouldn't take him back, or our running back situation is fine especially with all the 2012 studs we're going after). but then i read where blakely had met with the UF coaches specifically muschamp and had an 'emotional meeting/goodbye'. basically the system wasn't right after the coaching change but more specifically, he didn't feel at HOME... at all. i'm sure that feeling only grew exponentially after the injury i mean, he was feeling in the dumps. remember this, a big reason for him going there was all the at-home pressure pushing him to go there. what i read even went on to say that after he told his 'family' his intentions of leaving florida they turned their backs on him and he had nowhere to stay after UF let out classes. the whole community of manatee basically allienated him because of his decision to leave UF i mean it's just apparently been such a rough few months for the kid. the thing that got me was he apparently felt at HOME here at AU the whole time and all the other places he looked at to transfer (USF, etc.) he didn't like. some of this that i read may or may not be 100% true but either way i've now changed my thinking completely... it's not all about football for this guy and for any other guy for that matter. it's 10 times more important for someone to be comfortable with the decision that they make (hopefully they meaning the athlete and not their parents although we all know how much that happens) than for them to make it purely within a football realm. basically, if he feels at home here, then i'll welcome him with open arms into the family and everyone else should as well

War Eagle

at first i didn't think it was blakely but now after looking around on the net it seems he is the guy. i wasn't that thrilled at first and was probably thinking the same way most of you were (he snubbed us for florida so we shouldn't take him back, or our running back situation is fine especially with all the 2012 studs we're going after). but then i read where blakely had met with the UF coaches specifically muschamp and had an 'emotional meeting/goodbye'. basically the system wasn't right after the coaching change but more specifically, he didn't feel at HOME... at all. i'm sure that feeling only grew exponentially after the injury i mean, he was feeling in the dumps. remember this, a big reason for him going there was all the at-home pressure pushing him to go there. what i read even went on to say that after he told his 'family' his intentions of leaving florida they turned their backs on him and he had nowhere to stay after UF let out classes. the whole community of manatee basically allienated him because of his decision to leave UF i mean it's just apparently been such a rough few months for the kid. the thing that got me was he apparently felt at HOME here at AU the whole time and all the other places he looked at to transfer (USF, etc.) he didn't like. some of this that i read may or may not be 100% true but either way i've now changed my thinking completely... it's not all about football for this guy and for any other guy for that matter. it's 10 times more important for someone to be comfortable with the decision that they make (hopefully they meaning the athlete and not their parents although we all know how much that happens) than for them to make it purely within a football realm. basically, if he feels at home here, then i'll welcome him with open arms into the family and everyone else should as well

War Eagle

I read other things that were not so sympathetic about him.  I don't know whether those were true or whether what you read is true.  I suspect the truth is somewhere in between.  Like you said its not all about football.  But, for this guy if he is the one this is about he is coming here to play football not to be a regular student.  That clouds my opinion about him coming.  For whatever reason he went to uf then decided that wasn't right for him.  I just don't like the idea of auburn being somebody's fall back position.

I read other things that were not so sympathetic about him.  I don't know whether those were true or whether what you read is true.  I suspect the truth is somewhere in between.  Like you said its not all about football.  But, for this guy if he is the one this is about he is coming here to play football not to be a regular student.  That clouds my opinion about him coming.  For whatever reason he went to uf then decided that wasn't right for him.  I just don't like the idea of auburn being somebody's fall back position.

So you don't approve of the whole Cam Newton thing as well I suppose. One person's "fall back plan" is another person's "second chance". If Mike wants to come here, who are we to deny him.

As for him not being able to transfer to Auburn because of some condition he promised UF, that might not be so. We are an SEC West school and I seem to remember Coach Boom calling The Plains home not too long ago....he might be doing us a favor, I'm sure he still has a little love for Auburn.

So you don't approve of the whole Cam Newton thing as well I suppose. One person's "fall back plan" is another person's "second chance". If Mike wants to come here, who are we to deny him.

As for him not being able to transfer to Auburn because of some condition he promised UF, that might not be so. We are an SEC West school and I seem to remember Coach Boom calling The Plains home not too long ago....he might be doing us a favor, I'm sure he still has a little love for Auburn.

Very well said!

As for Will, I know for a fact him and his wife absolutely LOVED their time in Auburn. I just don't think the Jacobs family will be getting Christmas cards from the Muschamps, ever.

I just think it's funny how this has taken on a life of its own. Phillip Marshall's blog this morning is on Wilson, Forcier and "a hot rumor" of huge news. :)

Archived