HUGE Unexpected Recruiting News Coming Within 24 hours!

AUSportTalk

I read other things that were not so sympathetic about him.  I don't know whether those were true or whether what you read is true.  I suspect the truth is somewhere in between.  Like you said its not all about football.  But, for this guy if he is the one this is about he is coming here to play football not to be a regular student.  That clouds my opinion about him coming.  For whatever reason he went to uf then decided that wasn't right for him.  I just don't like the idea of auburn being somebody's fall back position.

So you don't approve of the whole Cam Newton thing as well I suppose. One person's "fall back plan" is another person's "second chance". If Mike wants to come here, who are we to deny him.

As for him not being able to transfer to Auburn because of some condition he promised UF, that might not be so. We are an SEC West school and I seem to remember Coach Boom calling The Plains home not too long ago....he might be doing us a favor, I'm sure he still has a little love for Auburn.

This is not the same as the cam situation.  He went to juco to get back to the big time.  Also I'm not aware of cam putting us in the lurch during his recruitment.  Sorry but the two situations are different in my opinion.  I'm just not sure about this one yet we'll see how it works out.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Auburn so much! Today is my birthday and I was really hoping for My Chicago Bulls to pull through and beat the heat but they obviously didnt so im pretty pissed but all this recruit news chears me up! When your down just open up auburneagle.com!!!!

It was my BDay yesterday as well.  I believe there is a MOD lurking around here that is a year older today as well.  ;)

You got it... it was me!  :we: Pretty good present here!  :wedance:

blakelyauburn.jpg

I think it was Weegs or someone awhile back that said, "Get ready for the 'Mike & Mike Show' coming to an SEC backfield near you!"  :thumbsup:

I have a question...

Some reports are muschamp released him to enroll at AU, if thats true he can play this year...right?

I understand a transfer will have to sit 1 year.

Yes, he was released to AU. Since he was enrolled in classes, he has to sit out a year, but does not lose any eligibility.

Thanks... so he enrolled in the spring at fla?

Not sure when he enrolled exactly, but he was there I know getting help for his hurt shoulder. He was at all the practices from what I read. Just couldn't participate because of that injury.

If he was there then im sure he had to have enrolled in the spring...

why can Willson play this year for us and Blakely not?

Wilson graduated from NC State and can play immediately at a school that has a graduate program he wants to enroll in that is not offered by NC State.  Think Masoli and ole miss last year. 

Wilson graduated from NC State and can play immediately at a school that has a graduate program he wants to enroll in that is not offered by NC State.  Think Masoli and ole miss last year. 

Gotcha... I understand now

I didnt know Wilson had graduated, I thought he just went in the draft early.

I guess this is why Calloway decided not to stick with his AU commitment.  Didn't he say that Auburn told him they weren't bringing in any other RBs, but he found out they were and he felt misled?  This must have been in the works for a while  :laugh:

I guess this is why Calloway decided not to stick with his AU commitment.  Didn't he say that Auburn told him they weren't bringing in any other RBs, but he found out they were and he felt misled?  This must have been in the works for a while  :laugh:

I don't recall hearing anything like that. What I remember is Calloway telling our coaches "I'm all in" right up until peaches took away his phone and sent him to florida with that booster from Muscle Shoals who brought him back in time to sign his LOI and show up at school with it already signed and faxed in.

I don't recall hearing anything like that. What I remember is Calloway telling our coaches "I'm all in" right up until peaches took away his phone and sent him to florida with that booster from Muscle Shoals who brought him back in time to sign his LOI and show up at school with it already signed and faxed in.

In some of the post-signing day interviews, he said Auburn told him they weren't going after any other RBs.  Of course, when he committed, I believe Mason was already a commit.  But he made it sound like he felt lied to because the coaches were signing Mason.

Apparently, whoever was coaching him on what to say in his interview didn't do their research --  or they just didn't care after the check cleared.

Mike Blakely = speed, power, great vision,  great hands, and an AUsome          running back.  Definately the guy I wanted last year. Watched his team play Plant on tv. Unbelievable player. He is a game changer. This is how you win championships by making moves like this.  What ANOTHER great move by THE AUBURN COACHES!!!!!!!  :wedance: :wedance: :party: :party:

AUBURN Family put the past aside and welcome this young man into our Family with open arms. 

We all know that IT'S GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!

Welcome home Mike.  Take advantage of the 2011 season to learn the AUBURN Creed and embrace the life of an AUBURN man.  War Eagle!!

:we:

I know this is a message board but REALLY let me say that again REALLY!!!!. Our coaching staff turns good to GREAT.  Nick a 3 star to first round draft pick(thank you CTR).  Cam, a first time starter in SEC, knew there was a investigation BEFORE the season started, now the number one draft pick.  CGC stood by him and let everyone know it.  That is what i would call putting your name on the line.  Why would anyone not want a coach like that?  We won a NC under more bad press then anything I have ever seen in 38 years of life(dang i am old).  If coach wants mike the WE WANT MIKE.  MB will contribute to our next NC...... 

Ummm, maybe I am dense this morning, but does anyone know if Blakely was the HUGE recruiting news?  Was it something else I missed?  Are we still awaiting the news?

War EAGLE!!!

Yes, MB was the huge news, but we should have more big news coming over the next couple days. :)

And the huge news is not the JaQuay Williams commitment that is coming on Saturday.  So to me, we have 2 more big news coming this weekend. 

This is BIG TIME FOOTBALL Guy's and Gal's. Auburn is now looking all the big name schools squarely in the eye and going after all the top tier athlete's !! It is great to be an Auburn Tiger and it is just getting started. I know it's early but if CGC keeps this up he could possibly become the greatest coach in Auburn history,or even nationally. Could eventually be mentioned In the same sentence as Bear Bryant, Mack Brown, Bo Schembechler, Woody Hayes, etc.... again I know it is early but wow, our future looks so bright......War Eagle!

Ummm, maybe I am dense this morning, but does anyone know if Blakely was the HUGE recruiting news?  Was it something else I missed?  Are we still awaiting the news?

War EAGLE!!!

He was indeed.  We are apparently expecting at least one more commitment in the very near future as well.

This is BIG TIME FOOTBALL Guy's and Gal's. Auburn is now looking all the big name schools squarely in the eye and going after all the top tier athlete's !! It is great to be an Auburn Tiger and it is just getting started. I know it's early but if CGC keeps this up he could possibly become the greatest coach in Auburn history,or even nationally. Could eventually be mentioned In the same sentence as Bear Bryant, Mack Brown, Bo Schembechler, Woody Hayes, etc.... again I know it is early but wow, our future looks so bright......War Eagle!

What about Lou Holtz?  ;D

I sincerly hope that Chizik bypasses Bryant in wins, and makes people in this state forget who he was :wedance:

What about Lou Holtz?  ;D

What about Tressel?  Oh wait I forgot he cant beat an SEC team.

I said from the start that the "Chiz Whiz" would be a legend before his time was over at Auburn, but I had no idea he would accomplish this much in such a short time.  Yes, he will go down as one of the greatest coaches of all times!!!

Sorry Tbone couldn't resist. Everytime I met him he was drunk and couldn't remember the names of the recruits.

Archived