UM Mess Affecting Recruiting

aupharmd15

So, besides Deon Bush and Stefon Diggs, is there anybody else, including current UM commits, that could be swayed our way because of all this stuff going on at the U??

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there will be room.

I have a feeling you're right. I just looked up their commitment list, and I haven't heard a peep about the coaches being active in the recruitment of any of them. Just Diggs and Bush, both of whom ARE, to the best of my knowledge, being heavily pursued by Auburn.

If some kind of death penalty is put in place allowing current players to leave miami highly doubtful but possible due to this involving 72 players. I would take anthony chickillo in a heartbeat.

If some kind of death penalty is put in place allowing current players to leave miami highly doubtful but possible due to this involving 72 players.  I would take anthony chickillo in a heartbeat. 

The NCAA has said thousands of times it will never enact another death penalty after it destroyed SMU's program.

This case could test that premise.    Makes the OSU and USCw situations look like small potatoes by comparison if the evidence holds up. 

A more important question might be current Miami players that will transfer. There's plenty of room for them.

Seantrell Henderson comes to mind. Poor bloke pulled out of USCw b/c of sanctions, now he's at Miami - prolly wished he had of stayed at USCw.

A more important question might be current Miami players that will transfer. There's plenty of room for them.

I don't think there will be 'plenty' of room. With us being at 72 right now and having about 7-9 scholly Sr's, a full class would have us over the 85 limit. Taking any transfers would depend heavily on the amount of attrition that takes happens this year.

Seantrell Henderson comes to mind. Poor bloke pulled out of USCw b/c of sanctions, now he's at Miami - prolly wished he had of stayed at USCw.

He is hurt and overweight.

Seems like they will all be ineligible to play anyway.  Everyone said last year if Cam would have gotten benefits, he couldn't have played, so it makes sense none of these guys will get to play again either.  Also, UM will have to vacate all of those wins when ineligible players were playing.  I guess their NC will be gone too. 

Seems like they will all be ineligible to play anyway.  Everyone said last year if Cam would have gotten benefits, he couldn't have played, so it makes sense none of these guys will get to play again either.  Also, UM will have to vacate all of those wins when ineligible players were playing.   I guess their NC will be gone too. 

The violations Shapiro mentioned started in 2002 so they may keep the title.

Seems like they will all be ineligible to play anyway.  Everyone said last year if Cam would have gotten benefits, he couldn't have played, so it makes sense none of these guys will get to play again either.  Also, UM will have to vacate all of those wins when ineligible players were playing.   I guess their NC will be gone too. 

Many of the players today were not involved so they will not be affected.

The 1st person that came to my mind was current commit Ricardo Louis.  Seems I read a while back that he grew up a UM fan.  And some people thought we'd have to fight off UM until signing day.  Don't think that'll be much of a concern anymore.

I don't know if they will get the death penalty but, they have to get alot more than just a few scolly's lost and less time with recruits  and other so called slap on the wrist penalties. This is just about as bad as SMU back in the day.

U$C should have gotton the "death penalty". Since Miamia has such rich history of breaking NCAA rules, I wouldn't be shocked if they did get some kind of "death penalty". Maybe something like 40 schollys taken away over the next 4 years. No TV and no bowls for 4 years.

U$C should have gotton the "death penalty". Since Miamia has such rich history of breaking NCAA rules, I wouldn't be shocked if they did get some kind of "death penalty". Maybe something like 40 schollys taken away over the next 4 years. No TV and no bowls for 4 years.

This all started literally a few years after they ended probation imposed in Dec 1995. The NCAA imposed a one year bowl ban and 3 years probation. The first year off probation would have been the 1999 season. This started in 2001-2002. That seems like a pretty rich tradition to me.

So two uat coaches (OL coach and director of football op) and UF's WR coach are all named in the article. This could definitely help us with Bush, Diggs, and hopefully a couple of instate guys.

I don`t think USC was on probation at the time of the Bush fiasco or considered a serial cheater so they wouldn`t qualify for the "death penalty" as such. i personally doubt it will be used again except maybe in the case of extreme continuous cheating and arrogance from the school involved.

I don`t think USC was on probation at the time of the Bush fiasco or considered a serial cheater so they wouldn`t qualify for the "death penalty" as such. i personally doubt it will be used again except maybe in the case of extreme continuous cheating and arrogance from the school involved.

So, you're saying it won't be used again until the get to bammer????  :thumbsup:

The folks at CSS just devoted an hour tonight. A lot of the top guys currently on their roster have said if they have 60 on the roster then they'll play with 60. Mr.SEC said that the current regime would probably hold on to the majority of their committments, which is pretty loaded with 4* guys. It doesn't mean that we can't sway them if we continue to recruit them though.

:believe:

Archived