Is Bama Football Dead?

CShine

First off, Bama football is far from dead. I agree with everyone saying this was the intended result of probation and the obvious effect of scholarship sanctions.

Shula is going to be a good football coach. Unfortunately, I don't see Bama giving him a chance to mature into the roll as head coach. I think he did a good job with what he had to work with last year. He had a limited time to install his system with players that had absolutely no morale. He pushed OU to the limit early. There were a few flashes of a good football team behind all the muck. This year, if Brodie isn't hurt, I think Bama is a one loss team. They're too one-dimensional to produce much. He'll mature as a coach and the players will come back. Alabama is always going to get decent players because of their name and their tradition. The main thing I think that is going to hamstring this school is the love-affair with Bear Bryant. He WAS a great coach. He did a lot for the program. He's gone. He passed away. Let him go. Keep the memories, but don't force them on every coach you get. Everyone "sounds like the Bear" or is compared to a player that Bear coached. This program has to leave it's past behind. Times aren't always going to be golden. Bama expects to contend for a national title every single year. It just doesn't happen anymore. They had gotten to used to reloading instead of rebuilding and it all seems too bad now.

Bama is in a coma for at least two more years.

Shula is not a capable head coach now and is years away form being a "good" one. He will be fired after next season.

Bama with Brodie was going to lose at least 4 games (More likely 5 or 6). They did not have any quality depth to win close games late.

The UAT talent level will be "Vandyish" for the next two years. After Brodie things are going to be horrible.

UAT recruiting is going very badly this year and is going to get worse with more losses.

UAT will be in absolute disarray for the next couple of years!

Bama isn't the top Red Neck choice for sports anymore....it's now NASCAR....they've all gone to the track....to Whooooweee pull fer Dale JR.

108637[/snapback]

His diddy dun wun ere tin times!

After Brodie things are going to be horrible.

Well one of our current QB commits was just named to the Army All-American team/game.

The other was a parade all american last year.

We will be fine.

After Brodie things are going to be horrible.

Well one of our current QB commits was just named to the Army All-American team/game.

The other was a parade all american last year.

We will be fine.

108768[/snapback]

And Guillon was a Miami Quarterback too. Please dont try to excuse the situation your in. For years we have had to listen to Alabama fans talk about how great there school was. Guess what the last twenty years proves other wise. Since 1982 Auburn has more wins, more Bowl wins and leads the series against you. Do us all a favor and take the crimson glasses off. See Shula for what he is which is simply an average coach and nothing more. We all listened to you last year talk about how great of a job he did recruiting. Wake up HALF of those kids didn't even qualify. If you are happy recruiting top notch athletes that cant even pass a high school exit exam then yea he did a GREAT Job. Auburn has a very special potential this year!! Don't be jealous just be happy for us :homer:

Please accept my apologies for responding to a thread called "Is Bama Football Dead?"...because it was OBVIOUSLY started in reference to the excellent season that Auburn is having and not the struggles UA is currently facing.

And to FURTHER compound my error in judgement, I responded to a post regarding our seemingly bleak QB situation with a few facts about two QBs we have coming in who have good credentials. Again I should have responded by singing praises in respect to AU's most glorious 5 wins.

In respect to your reference to our recruits whom did not qualify...most intelligent people would ASSUME that we oversigned (29) expecting many of those not to qualify. Amazingly, if Bama would have signed 19 and had some not qualify, they would have been laughed at for not preparing. How foolish it was for Shula to sign guys who did not qualfiy...how crazy he must have been to get a leg up when these guys get out of prep school or juco. It sure did burn him considering we got so much publicity for having such a stellar class and very little pub after the fact when so many didnt qualify. And considering AU offered many of those same recruits...I hardly see your point. Considering LSU offered McCall Holifield and Stover...I dont see where we went wrong. Same goes for Fanney, Washington...etc. As a matter of fact, not ONE of our non qualifiers fell short of having major sec offers or in Fanneys case offers from Va Tech and Va. So...really...whats your point?

It amazes me that Auburn fans see a little success and are almost OFFENDED when Alabama fans try to be positive or even supportive of thier team. Like we've never experienced a modicum of success in our own right. Before you get the big head, let me remind you, I've been there. I've watched my team win an SEC championship in Atlanta...not too long ago i might add.

I guess I shouldnt respond to the thread talking about all the good backs in the SEC either...since it isnt just kissing Auburns rear.

BGO3 is right. If ever there was a thread for bammers to respond to its this one. If a similar thread was on a bama board, I would like to think that I would defend my team reasonably like BG is doing. I didnt read any anti-AU comments in his posts.

WDE!!!!!! :au:

tk, I understand where you're going with that. BG does have a point that this thread was started for the sole purpose of getting input about Bama's situation.

You'll find BG to be a level headed guy who knows his football. He is Bama through and through and he will never let a Bama diss go unchallenged. :P

Wow is it really that bad for you this year??? That you have to show up here spewing your nonsense?

108815[/snapback]

I didnt "Show up"...much to the chagrin of many here...i never leave. :lol:;)

Bammagrad03 has been a good poster in this forum. While I despise Alabama as much as most in here(I despise UGA more), they do have problems to work through.....And we all know that their problems will go away eventually.

But bamma, you have to admit.........the Auburn supporter can get tired of all the second class treatment that the Tigers get in regards to Ole Bammer!

War Eagle!

bg is okay......(For a uater that is ! ! ) :)

Sad to say but uat will eventually be back on the SEC map. It will take time but they will be back. I am thankful and comforted by this knowledge. After all, shouldn't there always be one or two of those mullet wearin' folks around to point out to your grandchildren and laugh out loud? :big:

Archived