Does anyone care about abortion anymore?

WaDE'05

Unfortunately irresponsible people get horny too.

110483[/snapback]

True but they still have to accept the consequences that may result. Cocaine addicts get a craving too (as in horny in the case of sex) but if they get caught they get busted. Yet a woman who won't take responsibility for her baby and commits murder goes off free.

110652[/snapback]

Well, what I said was in jest, though I forgot a smilie.

Your logic is unsound here. Cocaine addicts are punished by law. There is no law against abortion obviously. It might be murder to you, but it isn't by the eyes of the law. Some may feel those who drink alcohol are sinners who are doing a drug and should be punished, but.........

Abortion is about sex. One side wants wide open sexual freedom and the other side wants to use an abortion ban to dictate sexual morality in your bedroom. I find both viewpoints disgusting.

110474[/snapback]

Absolutely NOT!

Totally wrong thinking here! It is not about sex. It is about irresponsibility.

Have as much sex as you wish, screw until your willie falls off for all I care. Have/give as much non-vaginal sex as you wish, and the list is long, be creative!

But to try and rationalize iresponsibility by taking the lofe of an unborn child that has has different DNA from you (and is therefore not a tissue mass) because you refuse to act like an adult, or refuse to take mature action, ie adoption, is just plain pigheaded.

A long time ago financed a friend's abortion. I know one Mom was an RN and think both of the moms were RNs. The kids both knew better. These two were heading to college and one graduated from Bama in EE. They WOULD NOT USE CONDOMS OR THE PILL even though we urged them too. They knew thay could just get an abortion, so they took the lazy way out and used abortion as the birth control.

You see, it isnt that abortion is the only option, it is just the lazy-a$$ option.

BTW, these two that were so in heat for each other broke up the day after the abortion. :rolleyes:

Abortion is about sex. One side wants wide open sexual freedom and the other side wants to use an abortion ban to dictate sexual morality in your bedroom. I find both viewpoints disgusting.

110474[/snapback]

Indeed, that is often the underlying motive behind both sides in an abortion debate.

David made a sound argument against abortion, in which his point is about responsibility and preventative measures that eliminate the need to discuss it. Personally, I think responsibility is a pill more people need to swallow.

However, the fact remains that irresponsible people are getting pregnant. The argument can be made that adoption is preferable to abortion (which I agree with), but how many anti-abortion activists are lining up to fill their homes with these unwanted children? Who is lining up to pay more taxes to cover the costs of having these children, and then providing care for them until they are adopted? This problem is not disappearing, it is growing and affecting people younger and younger.

If you want a viable solution to this problem, give all young men a vasectomy that they can reverse when they are prepared to have children.

110474[/snapback]

Indeed, that is often the underlying motive behind both sides in an abortion debate.

David made a sound argument against abortion, in which his point is about responsibility and preventative measures that eliminate the need to discuss it. Personally, I think responsibility is a pill more people need to swallow.

However, the fact remains that irresponsible people are getting pregnant. The argument can be made that adoption is preferable to abortion (which I agree with), but how many anti-abortion activists are lining up to fill their homes with these unwanted children? Who is lining up to pay more taxes to cover the costs of having these children, and then providing care for them until they are adopted? This problem is not disappearing, it is growing and affecting people younger and younger.

If you want a viable solution to this problem, give all young men a vasectomy that they can reverse when they are prepared to have children.

110871[/snapback]

Dude, there are so many empty homes out there it is just ludicrous to even suggest that the pro-Life crowd does not live upto it's responsibilities.

We know three friends that have gone through pure hell with DHR, an adoption agency, and even the Russian Govt to adopt a total so far of 5 kids. Please open your eyes and look around. This topic is just so beat to death with those that just want to act like a bunch of stupid irresponsible teens.

BTW, none of the enlightened ones here has yet took the bait on non-vaginal sex. I guess the Left is pretty boring group sexually after all....

Unfortunately irresponsible people get horny too.

110483[/snapback]

Your logic is unsound here. Cocaine addicts are punished by law. There is no law against abortion obviously. It might be murder to you, but it isn't by the eyes of the law. Some may feel those who drink alcohol are sinners who are doing a drug and should be punished, but.........

110739[/snapback]

You missed my point. I am trying to say why is cocaine use against the law and abortion isn't.

Dude, there are so many empty homes out there it is just ludicrous to even suggest that the pro-Life crowd does not live upto it's responsibilities.

We know three friends that have gone through pure hell with DHR, an adoption agency, and even the Russian Govt to adopt a total so far of 5 kids. Please open your eyes and look around. This topic is just so beat to death with those that just want to act like a bunch of stupid irresponsible teens.

BTW, none of the enlightened ones here has yet took the bait on non-vaginal sex. I guess the Left is pretty boring group sexually after all....

110892[/snapback]

Allow me to rephrase that statement then:

The argument can be made that adoption is preferable to abortion (which I agree with), but how many people are lining up to fill their homes with these unwanted children? Who is lining up to pay more taxes to cover the costs of having these children, and then providing care for them until they are adopted? This problem is not disappearing, it is growing and affecting people younger and younger.

It is great that people are adopting unwanted children, but there are simply not enough of them. You know 3 people that have adopted children, and I know 2 families. I also know 9 people that have given their children up for adoption, and I know 15 that have had abortions. My eyes are wide open, and that ratio disturbs me.

Perhaps you skipped my first paragraph while drawing your sword. I think the necessity of discussing abortion is despicable. An unwanted pregnancy is as stupid as a suicide resulting from Russian Roulette.

110892[/snapback]

It was an experience in high school, but after careful consideration and study of scripture it has come to our attention that it is sinful. Call it boring or whatever you wish, it is sin; and sin seperates us from a right relationship with God.

Good Luck to the right tonight, you will need it.

Letterman:

Ah, George Bush...I'm gonna miss that guy.

110892[/snapback]

Allow me to rephrase that statement then:

The argument can be made that adoption is preferable to abortion (which I agree with), but how many people are lining up to fill their homes with these unwanted children? Who is lining up to pay more taxes to cover the costs of having these children, and then providing care for them until they are adopted? This problem is not disappearing, it is growing and affecting people younger and younger.

It is great that people are adopting unwanted children, but there are simply not enough of them. You know 3 people that have adopted children, and I know 2 families. I also know 9 people that have given their children up for adoption, and I know 15 that have had abortions. My eyes are wide open, and that ratio disturbs me.

Perhaps you skipped my first paragraph while drawing your sword. I think the necessity of discussing abortion is despicable. An unwanted pregnancy is as stupid as a suicide resulting from Russian Roulette.

111126[/snapback]

Not to be argumentative on this but I have a number of friends who have tried to adopt in the last few years. None of them could find an American baby to adopt. They ALL had to go to Russia or some other foreign country to adopt. Is it maybe because adoption in the U.S. is such a tortuous process? Maybe we should be spending as much time simplifying this process as we do arguing about the pros and cons of abortion.

Not to be argumentative on this but I have a number of friends who have tried to adopt in the last few years. None of them could find an American baby to adopt. They ALL had to go to Russia or some other foreign country to adopt. Is it maybe because adoption in the U.S. is such a tortuous process? Maybe we should be spending as much time simplifying this process as we do arguing about the pros and cons of abortion.

111154[/snapback]

That I can agree with.

The often years long waits of these people are a byproduct of a culture that minimizes the child and emphasizes the convenience of Abortion.

4-7 years long wait for children and you still think it fine to just butcher kids because it is just so freakin convenient?

Sheesh...

How is it that these gay couples can adopt children?

111207[/snapback]

They tend to get the much older preteen and tenn kids and are willing to accept those with emotional and other problems.

The often years long waits of these people are a byproduct of a culture that minimizes the child and emphasizes the convenience of Abortion.

4-7 years long wait for children and you still think it fine to just butcher kids because it is just so freakin convenient?

Sheesh...

I really love unwarranted generalizations, they remind me why this thing we call society requires lawyers.

I shall state this for the third time, and in much clearer English: I am not a fan of abortion, and I find it despicable that we are in the position of discussing it.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said about personal responsibility.

I think adoption is a preferrable method of disposing of unwanted children. I see more children being aborted, going up for adoption, and being raised by parents that have absolutely no business with children than I see being adopted. I have absolutely no reason to believe it to be different elsewhere. In fact, I believe it gets even worse outside of the Bible Belt.

An abundance of stupidity and youthful recklessness is indeed the cause of this, and it is definitely necessary to address that in order to eliminate the problem. However, addressing it and slowly eliminating the problem does not eliminate the effects it leaves behind as you do so, and neither does abortion.

I said it before and I'll say it again, abortion is NOT the only issue I am voting on. I vote my wallet, not Haliburton's. What this means is I'll vote for social justice and equality, rather than capitalist greed. And, abortion is to be reckoned with, but not in the political arena. It's a personal and religious issue in which the corporate state of america has no authority. It's that simple.

I saw an interesting statistic in yesterday's paper. By far the largest single group of "women" getting abortions are girls 15 and under. Yet there are still people who want to argue that a woman has the right to decide whether an abortion is right for her. I can only assume that they believe girls 15 and under are wise and mature enough to make this decision. Incredible!!!

As for abortion being the only issue one should vote on: If you believe whole heartedly that abortion is murder, how can you possibly vote for someone who fully supports this state sponsored homocide? It is not the ONLY issue that I vote on, but I do see it as a HUGE litmus test for morality, character and ability to make well-informed decisions. If a candidate thinks a 24 week old baby has no right to live then how could I vote for such a person? I don't understand why it is such an awful thing to vote on abotion alone. There are only 2 candidates: One who supports the murder of innocent children, and one who doesn't. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Archived