Interesting post from La Tech Board

jaydubb121

boxerdog

Big Dog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard a smart guy on a radio program make a point about how we should approach this game: We don't need to focus on how to beat Auburn, we need to focus on playing our game. If we execute our strengths offensively, we will score the ball against Auburn. Success breeds confidence.

Also, I've seen Auburn look sluggish offensively at times this season. How bad did they beat ULM? Like Fresno, we need to force them to throw the ball. Sure, they've got playmakers at receiver, but I'd rather those guys beat us than Williams/Brown. The speed of our defense could give them problems. Tuberville specifically pointed out that they were disturbed by ULM's quickness on defense.

Finally, don't put too much stock in their drubbing of Tennessee. A win is a win and a loss is a loss, margin of victory is overrated. You can't tell me that Georgia is 30 points better than LSU. It was the momentum and circumstances of that game that made it what it was. The same thing goes for Auburn/Tenn.

If our offense continues to come along, and if the D plays with some of that "Fresno" swagger, we'll get the W that Auburn owes us.

Did you not get that update? Whenever a mediocre team plays a contender they have to win the game. It makes perfect sense, right?

Maybe he isn't thinking clearly, but, ULM was an early game. Early games against cream-puff teams is where you make adjustments and sort out the mistakes. Did he watch the UT game? They force JC to beat them and it looked like he did a pretty good job of it.

Not to mention that Borges barely even opened the playbook against ULM, the Citadel, or even Miss State for that matter. You can't honestly tell me we couldn't have scored at will against any of those teams. If La Tech wants to pull an upset, it will have to be their defense that steps up, IMHO.

As it would also be silly to think that everyone who posts on the site knows anything about what they are talking about! <_<

fresno is an average team that would barely be bowl eligible if they played in the sec. that said, la tech can score, and he's right about success breeding confidence. they're going to come in and give us their best punches.

I guess we have really been holding out on offense for LaTech

I hope that Al opens the playbook up and makes a statement.

That post by the LaTech fan should be put into Webster’s as the definition of sunshine pumper

We owe them one whipped butt to take back to the bayou!

109364[/snapback]

Yeah, I think 3-0 against the state of Louisiana for the year sounds good! :big:

But with La Tech, it certainly won't just fall into our laps. We've got to bring our game 'cause they're certainly going to bring theirs. I'm actually glad they beat #17 Fresno last week, because I think that gave our guys a good wake-up call not to look past 'em or take 'em for granted. [Didn't hurt us in the SOS either.]

As long as we don't get too complacent or overconfident, however, La Tech is walking away with another one in the "L" column.

In one paragraph he says:

Also, I've seen Auburn look sluggish offensively at times this season. How bad did they beat ULM? 

Then he says:

Finally, don't put too much stock in their drubbing of Tennessee. A win is a win and a loss is a loss, margin of victory is overrated.

So we should use margin of victory as an indicator of our offensive power with ULM but not with UT? In other words, use the information that supports your argument and discount it if it does not. Besides, we thumped ULM and everybody on the team got a chance to play.

Now, I am REALLY afraid. :blink:

Well, you fo have to give him credit for being optimistic, and also, I think, for smoking some stuff before he typed that post!!!

I do think LA Tech has a good team, but does he honestly think that our drumming of Tennessee was a fluke and that it can't happen to them. At this point, he makes it sound like this could be a walk in the park for LA Tech. Now, I know it's not going to be a walk in the park for us, and all I have thought about since the Tennessee game was over was what happened in 2001 when we beat Florida and then played LA Tech for homecoming the next week, but I don't think the coaches nor the players are taking this game lightly.

WAR EAGLE AND DECK LA TECH!!!!!

I think it's ridiculous where he says that he'd rather make Jason throw the ball and beat them with our WR's than lose it to The 2-Headed Defensive Back Steamroller.

Funny, isn't that what TN said, too??? That's what I thought....

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

Borderline Mentally Retarded,

BIG DUDE

Everyone needs to understand that Louisiana Tech is where people go when they can't get into LSU....border line mentally retarded school.

109399[/snapback]

now thats just wrong

I visited the LaTech forum, and there is a debate as to whether LaTech will play to win or to prevent injuries and win their conference games. Evidently the head coach said in a radio interview if they started getting thumped, he would pull the starters and play reserves to insure no injuries to the best players. This was probably just a coach trying to get Auburn overconfident, because I cant see any HC telling his team he wouldn't do any and everything possible to win a game, be it against a Div II team or a NC contender.

actually they did that against miami. moats only got like 3 carries in the fourth or something like that. i think the coach is serious bout pulling folks in the 4th if we're up big.

Yeah their board has been entertaining this week. Apparently a majority of the fanbase is hacked off that they took this Auburn game solely for the money with no thought as to how it could ruin their run through the WAC and bowl possibilities. There's a split over whether they should try to win or "give us the game" just to stay healthy.

I realize these types of games are player's games. All the coaches warnings about overconfidence and underworking don't matter. It's up to the players that are the leaders to get the team focused to play. I know we have some good leaders on this team. I sure hope so anyway, cuz after reading all their crap on the LaTech board I want those pups humiliated.

Well said jaydubb. Looks as if my "pep talk" from the ut game still has some lingering affect. :big:

About to walk out the door and drive down to the Holyland! :au:

Gonna' do MY part to bring home the :au: "W" ! ! !

WAR EAGLE...Now and FOREVER. :au::au::au:

... But with La Tech, it certainly won't just fall into our laps. We've got to bring our game 'cause they're certainly going to bring theirs.  I'm actually glad they beat #17 Fresno last week, because I think that gave our guys a good wake-up call not to look past 'em or take 'em for granted.  [Didn't hurt us in the SOS either.]

As long as we don't get too complacent or overconfident, however, La Tech is walking away with another one in the "L" column.

109378[/snapback]

Very good points, quietfan. This isn't your first rodeo either, is it? :D

This game has all the makings of a classic upset: the sandwich game between a big win against UT and an equally important conference game against Arky. Teams such as La Tech, Fresno St, S. Miss are all dangerous because they have just enough good players to field a decent team. Their problem is in depth -- they'll never be 2-3 deep in any position. If they're inspired & the home team is overconfident/complacent coming in, the La Techs of the world can usually make the homecoming game downright uncomfortable for the alumni. Upsets are possible but I believe this AU team is too grounded to let it happen this year. :au: WDE

Archived