ESPN re: Syracuse allegations

DANSBY

Just said on ESPN that they had this sex abuse story a while back but did not run with it b/c they could not corroborate the victim's story.  I'm not trying to compare the significance of this story to trivial other stories over the past few months...but when did ESPN start sitting on stories while they verified facts and whatnot? 

I'm betting that came from their legal department. There is some question about the validity of those claims. They would never let that story go without solid proof.

Too bad it is a standard they didn't hold to over the past year.

They don't need proof as such. ESPN just needs more than one person telling the same or similar stories to avoid a lawsuit. You remember, "sources" .....

ESPN worrying about verifying a story about alleged molestation?  How about calling the police and letting them verify the story or not.  Am I missing something?

:-\ and they still refer to our deal as "The Cam Newton scandal"....what how is it a scandal if you are proven innocent? :dunno:

Moving on I don't think this is the last we will hear of this being uncovered, unfortunately

it was investigated by police several years ago. no proof was found and they said the statute of limitations was out.. then espn found nothing. i dont fault espn for not running it. it might or might not be true, but there are people(boehiem) that are staunchly defending the accussed. i dont think anyone a penn st. defended sandusky because they knew it was true, just hid the facts. if true its sad for the victim but he claims this went on until he was 27years old. that is just plain weird.

At this point there are only two guys, stepbrothers, coming forward with allegations.  And their reliability has been questioned.

Boeheim is really sticking his neck out here with his pro-Fine comments.  Given his comments, if it turns out Fine is guilty, he would come off as much worse than Paterno.

Archived